Challenge DPOTY26 - September Entries thread on: Macro/Close-Up

Use to indicate that this thread is for a community Challenge

Vote for your three favourite images:

  • skullfunkerry - fluffy

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Oldbones - bee

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • rpn - oyster mushroom

    Votes: 4 17.4%
  • ancient mariner - fly

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Gav - Bee

    Votes: 9 39.1%
  • ajophotog - collecting

    Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Norkie - oil seed radish

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • TimHughes - Dragonfly

    Votes: 4 17.4%
  • alfbranch - Dicyrtomina saundersi

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • nog - Damselfly

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • RyanB - Sting like a bee

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • cptnm - Got my eye on you

    Votes: 4 17.4%
  • cuthbert - blue and white

    Votes: 8 34.8%

  • Total voters
    23
  • Poll closed .

lindsay

Admin
Messages
8,621
Name
Lindsay
Edit My Images
Yes
Entry is open for September entries on the theme of "Macro/Close-up"; shoehorns and crowbars permitted of course but might be tricky. Any style or technique can be used
Remember, in case any of the recent new participants haven't studied the rules: entries must have been taken since the 1st December last year (2025), anything shot before that is not valid. Entries can be posted up to 23:59 on 30th September 2026, after which I will put up a poll
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't got a macro lens... thought I'd cracked it today when I saw a spider and a wasp fighting in the corner of my conservatory, but I couldn't get a decent shot. Decided to go with this instead: it's from April this year: Fujifilm X-T4, XF 16-80mm F/4 lens. Shot at 80mm (120mm FF equiv), F/5.6, 1/400sec, ISO 400.

L3Bvc3QvNWU3ZDI2OTQtNjkwZi00NDUyLTk1MTEtOGIyZDA0MGZhYmFhL3Bob3Rv
 
Back
Top