weekly Fazer’s 2012 52 - Dun and Dusted

Great minds think alike!! I also posted a money laundering shot about the same time as you - scarey!!

I also like the way you mixed the money in with the washing!

Very clever, and nice to see two different versions of the same idea (yours and Sarah's).

thankyou Mike, DK and Barbara for you comments on graffitti, most enjoyable shoot and good to receive appreciative results.

Darren, I am pleased you mentioned the DOF as I was not too sure if it worked or not. I tried various settings and this seemed best.
Thankyou Alex and Sarah
Mark, I agree with you good to have two versions of same subject. Initially I was going to use sky as background but it was too pale blue and white. Think both versions have merit and thanks for looking in and leaving comment.

Thanks Nick and Paul. As said previously I was juror on a money laundering trial so just seemed to be the obvious choice. Coincidence that Sarah and myself both put similar shots up at the same time.

It would have been easy to shoot a winning post at Epsom, Kempton or Sandown, although not very inspiring without horses. With this idea in mind remembered a different version, and due to closeness of Twickenham Stadium caters for those celebrating their teams win. Unfortunately parked cars obliterate a clear view of the entrance at night, but do not detract from the theme.

Week 10 Win by Fazer, on Flickr

Last edited:
'Shiny' - nice work John Sarn't Major would be proud of you ! Nice shiny reflective background too also works. Theres a few marks just above the black brush which could be cloned out but great image (y)

I am very impressed with all your photos, you have taken shots that are all on topic and are very good photos to boot.

Sorry it has taken me so long to get round to your 52 but I will be back.

My shoes never looked like that when new let alone after me cleaning them.

Ooh shiny shoes ... brings back memories of pointless spit, hot spoons and graft!
Good capture (y)

Hi John

little catch from me

Shiny....love it , right on theme , great reflections , nice n sharp...good image mister (y)

Win...good to see a different take on the theme , sharp again , possibly needs a little rotation left ?...but yeah like it :)

Money....love the idea of it drying with the weekly wash , good use of DOF....another good'un mister (y)

I didn’t realise I was THAT far behind on your thread…..

Sigh – I like the idea. Nice lighting but feel the bottle is floating in the picture.

Sweet – Nice image. Definitely says sweet

Secure – It’s definitely got a London Transport poster feel to it.

Industry – I like the patterns in #1

Root – On theme but I find the root part of it too small in the image

Handmade - #2 is my favourite. I like the B&W but would be interested in the comparison with the colour original

Money – I like the idea but find the image a bit jumbled

Win – On theme but as you say a shame about the cars

Shiny – Really good composition and lighting on this one

Thankyou for all your gracious comments. I'm really enjoying the challenge despite lack of time, and very grateful on views expressed. I try to get in a few comments to other 52er's but must say I am very impressed with everyones work.

'Shiny' - nice work John Sarn't Major would be proud of you ! Nice shiny reflective background too also works. Theres a few marks just above the black brush which could be cloned out but great image (y)

Nick, have to agree about the marks, never noticed and thanks for pointing out, now where's the polish.

Ooh shiny shoes ... brings back memories of pointless spit, hot spoons and graft!
Good capture (y)

Showing your age Gramps, that's army ways as taught on conscription. My shoeshine lesson was from scouts as I just missed out on being drafted lol

Very nice shot for shiny. I too like the background a lot; it really adds to the overall effect.

Like win, it is a shame about the cars but thats life

Shiny, cracking

Thanks Mark and Liz. Too many cars in the country, what would we do without them. So many shots spoilt by them :bang:

I'm playing catch up this week due to not coming up with anything I was happy with for Shiny and won't post the one I have come up with last night 'til I've gone through everyone elses.

Shiny - This is a great shot especially using the reflective shiny background. I do agree about the marks though which does spoil it and there are 3 small white (dust?) spots on the shoe on the left?

Thankyou Simon and Alex. Yes Paul there are dust marks which I missed, how disappointing, now I've got to start all over again lol. All your comments are welcome.

Magical

The Magic Circle headquarters is located in London, so where better to look for something magical, especially as I had to visit the area.

The circle was founded in 1905 and dedicated to promoting and advancing the art of magic. Since 1998, the building has been available for meetings and corporate entertainment. It was voted the UK's Number One Venue in the hospitality industry's Top 20 UK Venues poll 2008.
The headquarters houses a Museum, theatre, libraries, dining room, clubroom and bars. And what did I find? A most uninspiring building, closed, and the only evidence of magic was a flag wrapped around a pole and address plate incorporating the twelve signs of the zodiac.

Week 12_1 by Fazer, on Flickr

Week 12_2 by Fazer, on Flickr

Then as if by magic an unexpected visit to the coast revealed a shot for the theme.

Week 12_3 by Fazer, on Flickr

Vice

In this mobile world the telephone box has become virtually redundant, however in certain places they serve as a loo or advertising board. Attempts to keep cards advertising certain services out of these boxes has been hopeless. As fast as they are removed they are replaced.

I hope this is not considered offensive as this is reality. Although the original was oof using f1.8 to give blur, additional blurring has been added in PP

Week 13 Vice by Fazer, on Flickr

Last edited:
Hi John

Love your Vice shot....blur works well...neat idea for the theme as well (y)

Magical....you'd really expect something more from the HQ of the Magic Circle...p'raps they shrouded the building in spells so us mere mortals can't see the real building :LOL: Like the shiny sign...& the reflection of the window in it (y)

Thankyou all for commenting and I agree Lynne and Alex it was quite a shock to see such a grim building. It looks as though you have to make an appointment to see the museum etc. Maybe I'll visit one day preferably when the bar is open. lol

Great shot for vice. Only trouble is, I can't quite read the numbers; can you post a less blurred version please ;) ;)

Good work on the magical theme John, nice simple images but they work when viewed alongside reading the back story.

Vice, bang on theme and really tell a story in themselves. You've chosen just the right amount of dof on this.

Great shot for vice. Only trouble is, I can't quite read the numbers; can you post a less blurred version please ;) ;)

Mark, if you screw your eyes up and stare at John's image you can make out the numbers................
>
>
>
>
>
I bet you tried that, didn't you? ;)

Wow, all your comments appreciated. (y) Mark would love to post without blur but not sure what section they come under. lol
Maybe visit the phone box again, collect some cards and post in classifieds

Entrance

View of a local church dating back to 1630 although significant changes have taken place over the years, including the erection of the tower and interior modifications. The only entrance is through the wicket gate.

Week 14_2 Entrance by Fazer, on Flickr

Think I prefer the B/W conversion.

Week 14_3 Entrance by Fazer, on Flickr

Also, a shot from a few weeks ago I found quite amusing.

Week 14_1 Entrance by Fazer, on Flickr

Hi, there.

Vice, like it. Cracking depth and great narrative.

Entrance, colour for me. I like the composition and angle. Pity about the sign and the light was against you.

Later in the day would improve, perhaps a subtle HDR to get some detail on the underside of the entrance.

Cheers.

Back