weekly Flyphots 52 for 2022: - Week 52 'Showcase'

Week43 - Vehicle

One more from my break this week, taken on the Kennet & Avon Canal, about a mile or so upstream from Bradford-on-Avon ...

Precision is a beautiful work of art image Jim, they really look lovely.

Thanks Dave, they are absolutely fantastic, i've never seen such highly decorated pipes on a church organ before.

Nice big organ fnaaar fnaaaar :)

Lovely narrowboat!

Lovely and precisely made organ.
Narrow boat is a good fit for the theme.

Precision: Nice shot Jim, I'd love to have heard it play.
Vehicle: Is it a house boat of some kind? Or for touring the river?

Last edited:
Precision: Nice shot Jim, I'd love to have heard it play.
Vehicle: Is it a house boat of some kind? Or for touring the river?

Thanks Bill. I think the narrow boat is one that's lived on rather than for holidays.

Precision - An impressive set of pipes Jim!
Vehicle. - a lovely shot of the narrow boat

Precision - An impressive set of pipes Jim!
Vehicle. - a lovely shot of the narrow boat

Thanks Simon, much appreciated

Precision: beautiful colour and decoration.
Vehicle: Must be lived in reguarly given the amount of coal on board. Nice shot.

Precision: beautiful colour and decoration.
Vehicle: Must be lived in reguarly given the amount of coal on board. Nice shot.

Thanks Helen. Interestingly I thought it was now illegal to sell/deliver coal in sealed bags (as of May 2021) so it is interesting to see that amount piled on the deck here (unless it isn't 'real' coal of course).

Week 44 Autumnal + Tech 'Leading Lines'

A few from our rather damp dog walk this morning:

Woodland Path

Shaggy Ink Cap

Fern

Beeching's Legacy

I liked the fern, but the path is probably the better photo and covers the tech topic. Great colours

I also liked the fern out of the set however the picture you submitted is much more suited to the theme. Great pictures.

Lovely collection and all on theme. The ferns really caught my eye. I like the contrasting colours in your chosen shot. Looks like a lovely spot.

Lovely collection and all on theme. The ferns really caught my eye. I like the contrasting colours in your chosen shot. Looks like a lovely spot.

Thanks, it's one of my 'go-to' mushroom foraging spots so i'm there quite often (and usually have a fair degree of success, especially this year too as they seem to be very abundant).

Great set Jim, I would have been hard pressed to choose between #1 and #2.

I prefer the ink cap although the one you chose does get rid of the tech.

I prefer the ink cap although the one you chose does get rid of the tech.

I think both 1 and 2 are the picks for me. With the path edging it.

The fact that it also has the tech is a bonus, but I also think it says Autumn more strongly to me.

Thanks both, really appreciate the kind words.

Took a trip to the Kennet & Avon canal again today, near to Dundas Aqueduct. A beautiful day (shame there weren't a few more clouds though :) )

Here's a couple and my submission for this week:

I like the first one, it looks very tranquil following the river, nice shot.

Two nice shots Jim :)

Both nice shots. Love the line of the water in the second one.

Really good images Jim. I do like the second one the best, the reflections and the curve of the waterway make it compelling.

Really good images Jim. I do like the second one the best, the reflections and the curve of the waterway make it compelling.

Thanks Bill

They are both good pictures and if I had to pick it would be the second one, I like the way you've captured the water flowing over the edge.

They are both good pictures and if I had to pick it would be the second one, I like the way you've captured the water flowing over the edge.

Thank you Simon. It was a shame the light was so harsh that day as the location has some real potential, IMHO.

Autumnal. I rather like the fern shot - well spotted and composed.
Snappers. Liking the light and shade of the first image. The light on the second is a little harsh but, as you say, great location to revisit.

Autumnal. I rather like the fern shot - well spotted and composed.
Snappers. Liking the light and shade of the first image. The light on the second is a little harsh but, as you say, great location to revisit.

Thanks Helen (y)

Back