weekly FlyPhots 52 for 2023 - Week 42 'Forgotten'

(Week 1) Lovely colours. I like the silhouetted trees as well especially the one on the left as you look at the photo.

I put together many frames in my beekeeping years; never did invest in a pin pusher, would have saved my fingers a few blows. Still have some honey left although I gave up a year and a bit ago, got fed up of getting stung and I wanted my garden back.

Interesting, nice to see people's interests coming through. Only crit is I might have like to see the blade on the Stanely knife being out. And that's quite minor.

Great idea for the theme Jim and I like the fact that the pieces are actually being used for something worthwhile.

I put together many frames in my beekeeping years; never did invest in a pin pusher, would have saved my fingers a few blows. Still have some honey left although I gave up a year and a bit ago, got fed up of getting stung and I wanted my garden back.

Interesting, nice to see people's interests coming through. Only crit is I might have like to see the blade on the Stanely knife being out. And that's quite minor.

Great submission Jim, love the backstory as well.

Great idea for the theme Jim and I like the fact that the pieces are actually being used for something worthwhile.

Thanks all, appreciate you taking the time to comment

Week 3 'Artificial' +Tech Juxtaposition

An artificial bird (ornament) 'fishing' by a local brook

Well done, nice sharp focus on the bird, but keeping a bit of movement in the stream running by.

That works well, and a good photo too! The frost on the vegetation adds to the atmosphere really well.

Nice one... you've managed to make him stand out despite the busy background.

Just so I'm clear...

Did you take the ornament out to the brook? Or does it exist?

Makes no odds to the pic - which is great - just curious.

Thanks Kell, yes I took the ornament there, to tick the juxtaposition box

In that case extra points for the commitment. I thought perhaps it was private grounds and someone else had put it there.

haha no, it's a brook that runs along the side of the lane I live on, about 50 yds from my front door (so not too much commitment).

Week 4 - Transparent

A quick mobile phone snap of a stream from my dog walk this morning, it's not the best image in the world, but it will need to suffice for this week.

Nice colours and the movement shows there is water above the stones.

Artificial: Bang on theme and nicely framed. I like the way the heron fits into the surroundings.

Transparent: Works well for the theme.

Artificial: Bang on theme and nicely framed. I like the way the heron fits into the surroundings.

Transparent: Works well for the theme.

Thanks Pete

Week 5 - 'Snapper's Choice'

A quick snap of our Alfie watching the horses in the late afternoon sunshine today.

Back