weekly FlyPhots 52 for 2023 - Week 42 'Forgotten'

Lovely shot of the beautiful Alfie, bet he had you running up and down ladders all day.

Thanks Dave, he does like a chase game (little bugger! :) )

Realy nice pooch pic of the likkle Divil :)

First dog shot of the year if I'm not mistaken?

And it's a great one, great light and the ladder really adds to it. Looks like an old painting.

First dog shot of the year if I'm not mistaken?

And it's a great one, great light and the ladder really adds to it. Looks like an old painting.

Thanks, much appreciated

Great capture Jim! He looks like he's ready to take off after them at any moment!

A really nice image and very softly lit. I like the fact you've included the ladder in shot to imply a "story"

OK, a bit of a shoehorn here i'll admit, but I like the chosen image more than the other.

So, it's 'Knobs and Knockers' The blue door didn't have any knobs, but it had this wonderful knocker (which I think is too nice not to share)

Knocker

Knobs

A bit of a shoehorn but we can all do that. Definitely the better of the two images - and definitely worth a share.

A bit of a shoehorn but we can all do that. Definitely the better of the two images - and definitely worth a share.

Thanks Helen :D (y) ;)

Week 7 'Letters'

It's another shoehorn i'm afraid, I had all good intention of capturing another image that would have fit the theme nicely, but time has just run away with me this weekend. Anyway, my B's have been really bust this weekend with the warming up of the weather. It's great for me to see, as the fact that they are bringing in lots of pollen means that the queen is probably laying again (a good sign for the season ahead).

Anyway, here it is, the letters are Bees (B's)

Hmmmm... the horny shoe is strong with this one :)

Nice bees!

Keep on shoehorning! I'm a sucker for visual puns and was thinking along these lines myself but don't have the same pets as you!

A little swear word popped out of my mouth when I figured it out. Good work!

Not too much of a horn and shoe as I got it straight away (unusually). Nice picture, is it a bit early for them to be out? I ask as a complete novice on bee keeping matters, but a keen allotmenter so interested in the arrival of the bees.

I've no problem with 2 x Bees being letters!

Great to see them with plenty of pollen being brought back. I thought I could take or leave the extra bit of green wood to the bottom - but if that gap's the entrance to the hive then it makes sense!

They do look busy Bs :)
nice light on the bottom left wing

Thanks, i'm pleased with how it came out.

Keep on shoehorning! I'm a sucker for visual puns and was thinking along these lines myself but don't have the same pets as you!

Cheers (y)

A little swear word popped out of my mouth when I figured it out. Good work!

I see what you did there....

Works for me...

(y)

Not too much of a horn and shoe as I got it straight away (unusually). Nice picture, is it a bit early for them to be out? I ask as a complete novice on bee keeping matters, but a keen allotmenter so interested in the arrival of the bees.

It isn't too early really, as long as the weather is warm enough, and more importantly the queen has started laying, they'll be out collecting pollen (and any scarce nectar) they can find. This is a good sign for me as it means they have survived the winter and starting to build up for the spring/summer. I'm not out of the woods yet though, they could still starve if I don't keep a good eye on them.

I've no problem with 2 x Bees being letters!

Great to see them with plenty of pollen being brought back. I thought I could take or leave the extra bit of green wood to the bottom - but if that gap's the entrance to the hive then it makes sense!

Thanks, (y)(y)

Shoehorn but a good one. I've been gardening and have see lots around... they're definitely waking up.

Shoehorn but a good one. I've been gardening and have see lots around... they're definitely waking up.

Thanks Helen, i'm hoping (am I? i'm not sure haha) for a busy season and my first honey harvest

Back