weekly FlyPhots 52 for 2023 - Week 42 'Forgotten'

As a fellow beek I've got to say this is my favourite this week.
Nice to see the sun on the front of the hive.

As a fellow beek I've got to say this is my favourite this week.
Nice to see the sun on the front of the hive.

Thanks Peter, my girls were exceptionally busy over the weekend and i'm thinking I may need to add fondant to keep them going, i'll have to give it a heft and see.

I always put some on Christmas/early January as an insurance.
Not always necessary but the cost is a lot less than having to replace a colony.

I always put some on Christmas/early January as an insurance.
Not always necessary but the cost is a lot less than having to replace a colony.

Indeed, they have had 2kg, which they finished a couple of weeks ago, but i'm conscious that they are flying a lot and there won't be much nectar available at the moment

Week 8 '(in the) Kitchen'

In the kitchen, or is it the office? The lines have become blurred since Covid lockdowns and hybrid working ...

Eggscellent :)

Quite a lot going on in there! I might have tidied away a couple of things, the orange spice jar and the laptop lead probably.
Other than that, good photo of a nice space, cracking print on the wall... One of your own?

Quite a lot going on in there! I might have tidied away a couple of things, the orange spice jar and the laptop lead probably.
Other than that, good photo of a nice space, cracking print on the wall... One of your own?

Cheers,

I left everything in there as I feel it helps tell the story better.

The print on the wall is mine yes, from late August 2021, it was overcast all week, then on the last day we got some definition in the clouds so I took the walk up Afon Lloer and waited for an hour or so until I got the image I wanted. (y)

Last edited:
Good realistic kitchen shot Jim. Pleased to see you've managed to source some eggs.

Good realistic kitchen shot Jim. Pleased to see you've managed to source some eggs.

Thanks Peter, we get our eggs from a local farm - a plentiful supply at very, very good prices too ;) (£5 a tray (yes, a tray) for mis-shapes and 'dirty' eggs :D (y) )

That's definitely a multi-tasking shot. Nice shot of a lovely shot too.

That's definitely a multi-tasking shot. Nice shot of a lovely shot too.

Thanks Helen, I was trying to convey the modern hybrid working life that a lot of us have these days, and how the lines have become blurred between home life and office life.

Week 9 'Broken' + tech Black & White

A broken down lump of construction machinery in a waste area of ground near to where I live. 2 angles and B&W and colour versions

Both good for the theme and they are both completely and utterly broken.

Nice broken stuff. I love mono but in this case the colour wins!

I think the colour is better. The b&w is a bit grey and the machine gets lost. Colours great and I love the rusty metal with the plants growing through it.

What do you process with? Some software allows you to change the brightness of the b&w according to the colours in the image... So you could lighten the yellow parts for example.

I think the colour is better. The b&w is a bit grey and the machine gets lost. Colours great and I love the rusty metal with the plants growing through it.

What do you process with? Some software allows you to change the brightness of the b&w according to the colours in the image... So you could lighten the yellow parts for example.

The colour works better, but disappointing it has just been left there.

Cheers both. Processed on C1, and the yellow was lightened

Both work well for the theme, though I do prefer the colour as the machine stands out better from the background.

Both work well for the theme, though I do prefer the colour as the machine stands out better from the background.

Thanks, I prefer the colour one too, but wanted to get the tech out of the way (probably a mistake)

That fits both broken and hidden! It must have been there for a while. I am leaning towards the mono version.

That fits both broken and hidden! It must have been there for a while. I am leaning towards the mono versio
thanks Helen, i reckon at least since 2006 when my house was built (the pocket of land adjoins my garden).

Good shots. definitely broken. Another +1 for the colour version, although the mono obviously ticks the Tech box so understand why that's your chosen one.

Good shots. definitely broken. Another +1 for the colour version, although the mono obviously ticks the Tech box so understand why that's your chosen one.

Thanks Simon (y)

Week 10 - 'Full'

A box full of spicy, meaty doner kebab and I was full after eating it!

Can't argue with that! Nice bright colours captured in there.

Mmmmm yum yum!

Lovely!. Another pass the Rennie's job though!

haha, it was pretty delicious actually, our local kebab shop does a good one and I love the chilli sauce.

Back