weekly Fooly's 52 for 2022 - Week 38 : Look Up

Fits the theme Simon, and the colours contrast nicely.
Maybe a slightly different perspective with the sky, sea and pebbles more in 3rds with a deeper depth of field would work nicely too.

Nice image, lovely colours and the PoV and DoF work perfectly for me - great job.

Love the colours in this.
Thank you
'P' Nice teal and orange tones there :) Perfect for the theme.

Going back to the previous theme. That is such a lovely idea!!
Fits the theme Simon, and the colours contrast nicely.
Maybe a slightly different perspective with the sky, sea and pebbles more in 3rds with a deeper depth of field would work nicely too.
Thanks
Nice image, lovely colours and the PoV and DoF work perfectly for me - great job.
Thanks
Great colours Simon and I like your low point of view.
Thanks

There were some fantastic clouds and sky yesterday, right from sunrise (yes I was up that early) onwards till sunset (yes I was still awake, completing a 72 hole golf charity challenge so no space for photography), Sure that I saw the same combination of two types of cloud formation.

That's cool Simon. I can almost make out a figure and face in the dark parts of the cloud.

Moody!

That deep blue is really nice.
Some interesting clouds, and the blue works well.

Pete
Thanks Pete
There were some fantastic clouds and sky yesterday, right from sunrise (yes I was up that early) onwards till sunset (yes I was still awake, completing a 72 hole golf charity challenge so no space for photography), Sure that I saw the same combination of two types of cloud formation.
Which course did you play? I've been meaning to get myself onto that one - facebook is spammed with it at the moment
That's cool Simon. I can almost make out a figure and face in the dark parts of the cloud.
yeah - I spotted the odd face in it - glad it wasnt just me....

Thanks Pete

Which course did you play? I've been meaning to get myself onto that one - facebook is spammed with it at the moment

yeah - I spotted the odd face in it - glad it wasnt just me....
I play at Parley, thankfully not too much hill as it was 16 hours of playing.

I play at Parley, thankfully not too much hill as it was 16 hours of playing.
Ahh Parley....I once drove an S2000 across the fairway and around one of the greens there because the groundskeeper locked me and a mate in - even saw us in the carpark packing up, spoke to us, and then just locked the gate!

Lovely cloud shot... you've managed the exposure really well to get the light and shadows.

Right - catch up time again....

Week 26: Half - I see this pylon every day on my walk to school - its almost got a line down the centre where its weathered on one side and fine on the other - thought it fit the theme quite well!

PXL_20220708_133935797.jpg

Week 27: Pole - managed to get out on the paddlboard and got a picture of the sea poles from a different angle for once - struggled to decide between leveling the horizon and the pole, but I think the pole works best as it looked really off when I levelled the horizon...

PXL_20220712_103223260.jpg

Week 28: Water

Had a few shots I could use for this, but decided to go with the simplest one - chilling the other evening on the beach, and being glared at because I brought a collapsable hammock to the beach :D

PXL_20220716_181908734.jpg

Other honorable mention goes to the Dragon Boat racing, but I technically took this 2 weeks ago, so felt a bit of a cheat to use it for the water shot...

IMG_2314.jpg

Love the POV view from the hammock. Who on earth glares at anyone for bringing one to the beach?

The only thing I'd say about it is that my eye was immediately drawn to the arm/shoulder creeping in on the right. I'd crop it or clone it out for a cleaner image.

For the sea pole, it would be possible to to get them both straight if you so desired. LR has guided lines that you can use to draw your verticals and horizontals. But if the pole wasn't actually vertical, it might look odd.

Last edited:
Nice set Simon, and agree with the observations that Kell made.

Some good images Simon. I do like Kell's edit and I don't think that its too close to the edge for me.

I like you choice of the water shot, makes me think of lying on the beach in Mexico.

Wow that’s a big handle :oops: :$ or have you done something clever? I like the wet sand reflection. Is it a sculpture?
I'm not clever enough to do something clever.

It's a paddle board paddle, just stuck it in the sand like I do every session and then realized it's got a handle on it and I hadn't done my shot yet!

Sea weed was my son's idea as he was running round the beach with me :)

I'm not clever enough to do something clever.

It's a paddle board paddle, just stuck it in the sand like I do every session and then realized it's got a handle on it and I hadn't done my shot yet!

Sea weed was my son's idea as he was running round the beach with me :)
Ah well it is clever you see. The viewpoint and lens make it look huge :)

An unusal shot of a long handle, the blue of the sky and reflection with the line of white waves is nice.

Pete

I like it Simon. The colours, composition and hint of the reflection at the bottom make for an interesting shot.

A good set of images Simon
Dusty: Yup, that looks very dusty
Food: Wish I was there. Good shot. I like the person walking just to the left of the woman.
Internal: almost looks like crocodile teeth.

Nice hydrangea (and lovely colour). Mine's been a disaster this year.

More catch-up, and I might even get the Snappers Choice and Shadow nailed tonight if the weather plays ball
<NarratorsVoice>The weather did not infact play ball....

Week 36 : Snappers Choice - I got a new 150-600mm Sigma last week as I've become the official club photographer for my little girls football team - we seem to be the only team that turns up with one, but meh, it gave me an excuse to get new toys, so I'm happy...This is little miss concentrating very hard on her first time out as Goalie :)

Pink Panthers - 2022-65.jpg by Simon Stocks, on Flickr

Back