Fuji X-T4

Rain today so stuck in.:)

The T3 with grip charges the batteries through the grip,but the T4 goes into the usb on the camera,i think i,m right in saying.
I have not yet bought a grip for it,not sure if i will want one as it makes it a big brick.
Maybe instead buy a double charger,can,t decide yet,any thoughts guys?.

The T3 with grip charges the batteries through the grip,but the T4 goes into the usb on the camera,i think i,m right in saying.
I have not yet bought a grip for it,not sure if i will want one as it makes it a big brick.
It would depend on your use I guess. For me I find the grip is essential when using the 100-400 zoom - the camera feels too small without it. But with the smaller lenses I'm happy without the grip. What lenses do you use most?

Just got the 2 just now 18-55 & the 50-230 xc

I've got the XT-4 and have been debating the same thing. I've got the grip on my X-T2 and can't shoot without it as I find the camera too small without it. The X-T4 though feels bigger in the hands and isn't bad at all so my thinking is to get an extra battery and then add the smallrig L Bracket with intergrated grip to make the camera even better to hold without addiing all the bulk the battery grip adds. Only problem with my plan is the L Bracket ins't in stock anywhere at the minute lol.

Enjoy the camera though mate. I'm in love with mine and just itching to use it properly. What colour did you get.

Oh and i'm now looking to add a Mitakon 35mm f.0.95 :)

Yes that is my dilema about the bulk,it is quite heavy as it is,i got the silver one for a change.
I take it the Mitakon is a manual focus,i can,t get on with them.

Given the big change X-T3 to X-T4 was the inclusion of IBIS, and that both your lenses have OIS, what was your driver to upgrade?
I appreciate that the apparent AF improvement and the battery lasting longer are probably significant, but these are evolution rather than revolution.

Am I missing something?

Well i may pick up some non OIS lenses i don,t know & felt like a change

Yes that is my dilema about the bulk,it is quite heavy as it is,i got the silver one for a change.
I take it the Mitakon is a manual focus,i can,t get on with them.
Yeah the Mitakon is manual focus. I've seen reviews and sample pics and i'm sold on the bokeh that lens produces. I've been practicing with the fuji 23 1.4 on manual focus and with focus peaking and focus zoom I find manual focus to be pretty good and from what i've read it's better on the Mitakon as it's not focus by wire like on the fuji lenses.

Good choice on the Silver :)

Well never say never i suppose maybe think about these lenses,cheers.:)

Hi Norkie,
I'm more after understanding how accurate and snappy the AF is on faces/eyes in low(ish) light.
Think indoors under variable lighting conditions where you can lose the background at f/4 to f/5.6 at 100ISO & 250th/sec
So you're likely shooting f/2 to give some background context, and lighting the subject with flash.
The subjects will be moving though they will be posing (not professional models).
How consistent is the focus point, does it actually pick up the face/eye and does it remain locked, or does it jump around.
(Yes - I can do it manually (and often have to) but it's nice to let the camera do some of the work, especially towards the end of 8 hours shooting... :) )

I'm guessing your clock shot is in similar conditions, as you're shooting 3-4 stops higher than I would be.
Hi Tim, take a look at this on YouTube:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=11&v=rhG0IfMWjT8&feature=emb_title

Have you noticed any improvement in AF with the XC lenses over the previous camera? I believe the XC are a little slower than the XF range to AF.
Just wondering if the XC's perform any better with XT4 or have Fuji done a Canon and handicapped the XT4 to only perform well with XF lenses?

I have not had the chance to do anything with the camera yet,been a bit busy but will get there.:D

There is a firmware upgrade for the X-T4, battery charge issue and set time issue.

You are allowed out James :LOL:

Hehe,i know but i also am my wife,s carer,so got to plan things a bit.:)

Understand, my wife works for the NHS, you need to take extra precautions.

Yep you really do.:)

Wifey has 3 uniforms, one on, one in the wash, one waiting.
Wash one each day when she gets home.
Start again next day :)

I know what you mean about washing.:)

Just did the firmware update np.:)

Must admit I haven't yet tried charging the complete unit from the usb-c socket so I've not noticed anything unusual.

I used it when the camera arrived,but never noticed anything wrong with it.

Once people start to use it there will be many more updates that's for sure.

I've got the dual battery charger so I've not needed the in camera solution.

Yes i am still thinking about a charger.

Well the firmware update negates the need for a charger so it's up to you?

Hmmm yes maybe,need to use it more & see how it goes.

Hi Tim, take a look at this on YouTube:
Cheers. Seems pretty good in good light (to be fair, the 3 is too).
Still looking for something like that, but with indoor / exhibition hall lighting.
No rush I guess though. It's not like I'd get much chance to use it in anger for a good few months yet :/
Time for the bugs to be patched and for their to be a discount / promotion on it.

I updated the firmware to 1.01, now and again when I turn the camera on it shows both grip batteries fully depleted. Even though they are not. If I remove the grip and re-attach it, it shows normal state again?

Strange one.

Phwoarrrr! Mine just came today and it's a weapon. Had the X-T10, X-T2, X-T3 and now this. This is much better IMO. I like the small but extra bulk for my larger hands and feels it would weight out some of the front heavy lenses.

I need my first lens which is going to be the only one I can buy for a while. What suggestions do we have folks for a landscape/street type guy? Theres a 16mm for sale but unsure of the 24mm focal length as I normally shoot a bit wider for landscapes and a bit longer for street haha. And before anyone asks, I had to sell my X-T3 and lenses but ended up not actually needing to hence why I got myself an X-T4 and starting again with lenses.

Also one thing that's not been mentioned here is the padded camera strap you get. Nor ally I dont bother with the ones that come with a camera however this is one of the only ones I've got comfort from. It's long and normally they dig into my neck but this one grips nicely to the shoulder and doesn't dig. A small plus over the fact they removed the charger and the not used flash from the box.

a8d9sh.jpg

Last edited:
Back