Gardenbirders 52 for 2020

Hi Michael,
Just doing a bit of catch up....

Local looks like an interesting place for a drink. Are the Emus queueing up for opening time?
Nice find for Tool. Interesting to know what it looked like before it was left. I like it with the sky in as the blue works well with the sand colour.
The Shearwater is a lovely shot. Super sharp considering it was taken at sea.
The Kaka shot is perfect excellent timing. It looks like they are really going for it!
Your Winter shot works very well. You have portrayed it very well.
Excellent shot fo Book. Beautiful composition and reflection.
Time is a well seen image. I've never seen one before. I wonder if the image could be cropped to lose the right hand one to leave three?

Snappers Choice - this week i've gone with an image that fits my online camera club's competition too, Reflections. Bird photography and indeed travel photography currently suspended so it's snaps from walks for now. Taken on the beach heading South looking towards the peninsula that sticks out from Christchurch, South Island, NZ.

Reflections-1.jpg

This doesn't quite do it for me Michael - appreciate the time and subject constraints, but the central horizon doesn't speak to me, and there doesn't seem to be much of a subject. Concentrating more on the reflection of the water and cutting out most of the sky would strengthen this for me.

I actually love the sky. I'd have been tempted to really mess with the sky post processing but I'm glad you restrained.

It doesn't quite work for me as a landscape photo. I find the sky is rather meh, but the reflections in the water have potential...

I'm going against the general consensus, I quite like this Michael, a nice feeling of open space when a lot of people are confined to a small area.
Hopefully a sign of things to come (y)

I quite like the shot but I would crop out the sky with the beach the bottom 2/3 since the title is Reflection.

I love NZ. Beautiful country and very friendly people. I was there two years ago touring both the North and South Island. Spend three days in Christchurch half the city in ruins after the two earthquakes.

I think this has poetntial. If it were me I be tempted to up the contrast/dehaze a lttle, to bring out the reflections and also crop into the sky a touch.

M for Mollusc, least i think it is :) Still stuck in NZ with my handheld camera and laptop. May be lucky and catch a repatriation flight them it'll back to UK content :)

Mollusc 52-1.jpg

Plain and simple. I like that a lot Michael

Really like the composition Micheal, focus is spot on with a nice DOF.

There are worse places to be stuck, but most people love their home.
I like your mollusc shot. Simplicity.

Simple with great light and shadow.
Good luck on getting back soon.. my niece is stuck out there at the moment too. I think she's resigned herself to being there for quite a while.

My first stock image for the 52, we did fly home, taking all of Sunday and Monday now on arrival we're exhausted and having to clean and move back into our house in Falkirk. That's my excuses anyway :) Sub-adult Mute Swans taken at Hayle, Cornwall, where a freshwater river flows into the tidal estuary, taken in 2017. I call it Sweetwater:

Sweetwater (1 of 1).JPG

I'm glad you finally made it home Michael (y)

Great reflection from the swans :)

I love this image - smooth water in front and rough behind. Great reflections and the trio on the right really make the composition.

Something to do with music - 'Fade'. Really struggled this week due to jet lag and time pressure and lacking much to play with in the theme. I've still to do silhouette and high key apparently too. WIll segway them in sometime soon!

Fade (1 of 1).JPG

Works well that :)

Plain and simple Michael, I like it, and I also hate jet lag!

Back