Garry’s 52 for 2019

What a great image, and a very creative idea!!
I love the use of shadows....I don't know how you did it, but you seem to have matched the shadow colour with the edge of the table....it seamlessly blends....very clever!!
The background colour perfectly compliments the colour of the jet and the overall warm feel is superb!
Fantastic work Garry....plane and simple!!(y)

Really like the lighting and shadows on this. It has a warm glow to it which is lovely. Well done.

What a great image, and a very creative idea!!
I love the use of shadows....I don't know how you did it, but you seem to have matched the shadow colour with the edge of the table....it seamlessly blends....very clever!!
The background colour perfectly compliments the colour of the jet and the overall warm feel is superb!
Fantastic work Garry....plane and simple!!(y)
Great image for the theme Garry, loving the shadow from the plane and good composition.
Really clever use of the toy and it's shadow. I like this a lot!
Really like the lighting and shadows on this. It has a warm glow to it which is lovely. Well done.

Thanks everyone, it’s a bit of an illusion as it’s actually the shadow of the table blended with the shadow of the plane. I used the torch off my iPhone to light it up.

Nicely done Garry. Was down under the pier myself last week and you can get some amazing images.

Good texture and colour it

That's a great image. Nice and simple staging but the shadow makes into a great image IMO

Week 9: wet. This was taken yesterday evening in Cape Verde. Can’t beat a beer at sunset. Being by the sea I was a bit spoilt for choice this week.

C1B48FD3-3E5C-4DC5-B1F4-010F5265E598.jpeg

Object: the shadow really adds something to the overall image. Almost looks like it is taking off into the sunset...
... This leads me onto Wet: Another TP52er letting us know he is in the sunshine. Nice take on the theme, especially with the sea in the background. Really liking the tones in this image.

Garry

The rust is nice and suits the theme, I think you will be revisiting this for sure
Object, I like the concept with the shadows, the lighting really works
Wet, makes me thirsty just looking at it. Nice

Great image for the wet theme Garry.(y)
The design of the glass lends itself so well to the light you had....those patterns and the refraction at the bottom of the glass....very cool.
Love the colours and tones and the composition is excellent....the distant sun is lovely.
What's the story behind the skull-and-crossbones flag?
Were you on an expedition to discover a cache of purloined doubloons....shiver me timbers, me hearties!:LOL:

Hi Garry, Object is a clever idea with that excellent hard shadow from the simplest of light sources, while Wet is just designed to make us all envious, of course :) I like the way you've done this in the evening light so that the liquid really glows with the warm backlight.

Avery nice wet image Garry. Love the detail in the glass and the vibrant colours. Personally would have liked to see the top part of the glass too but really good

Object: the shadow really adds something to the overall image. Almost looks like it is taking off into the sunset...
... This leads me onto Wet: Another TP52er letting us know he is in the sunshine. Nice take on the theme, especially with the sea in the background. Really liking the tones in this image.
Garry

The rust is nice and suits the theme, I think you will be revisiting this for sure
Object, I like the concept with the shadows, the lighting really works
Wet, makes me thirsty just looking at it. Nice
What's not to like about a nice, cold beer :beer:I like the amber colours in the glass contrasting with the blue tones in the overall image. Nicely done.
Great image for the wet theme Garry.(y)
The design of the glass lends itself so well to the light you had....those patterns and the refraction at the bottom of the glass....very cool.
Love the colours and tones and the composition is excellent....the distant sun is lovely.
What's the story behind the skull-and-crossbones flag?
Were you on an expedition to discover a cache of purloined doubloons....shiver me timbers, me hearties!:LOL:
Hi Garry, Object is a clever idea with that excellent hard shadow from the simplest of light sources, while Wet is just designed to make us all envious, of course :) I like the way you've done this in the evening light so that the liquid really glows with the warm backlight.
Love the shadow in your choice for Object Garry, it really give the photo that extra something, really nicely done.

Cold beer, sunset, Cape Verde you can’t get a much better choice for the topic than that ....enjoy!
Wet
Nice light. The beer stands out well against the background colours.
Avery nice wet image Garry. Love the detail in the glass and the vibrant colours. Personally would have liked to see the top part of the glass too but really good

Thanks for looking and commenting. Sorry for the lack of replies and comments, just really busy with work and kids etc. I’ll try harder next week.

Superb colours to this and love the tiny little moon - great stuff

Now that's a beauty! Minimalist and effective!

Good shot . When it first opened I couldn't see the whole image on my screen and thought the top bit was too much...then as I scrolled to see the whole frame I saw there moon! Brilliant.

Free: very zen image. Liking the bright colours and the negative space is soooooo relaxing, just what I need at the moment..love it.

Great use of space to make it feel really open, with the little moon at the top to add more interest. I like the colours too. Nice.
WOW! That's a stunner Garry. Cracking vivid colours and that little crescent moon really makes it (y)
Free week

So simple, but very effective. Great colours.
Superb colours to this and love the tiny little moon - great stuff
Now that's a beauty! Minimalist and effective!
Crikey Garry, that is simply breathtaking!!
Terrific colours and composition....the moon placement is inspired!
Great work indeed!:clap:
Good shot . When it first opened I couldn't see the whole image on my screen and thought the top bit was too much...then as I scrolled to see the whole frame I saw there moon! Brilliant.
Free: very zen image. Liking the bright colours and the negative space is soooooo relaxing, just what I need at the moment..love it.

Thanks for taking the time to comment. My only gripe and self criticism is it’s not as sharp as I had hoped. In my haste to take the shot I didn’t check if it was focused properly. Next time.

Hi Garry,

Wet - Nice lighting of the beer in that shot. A good take for the theme.
Free Week - Great range of light and dark and very cleverly captured crescent moon. I'm assuming this is out of a plane window? It's not distorted like you would expect.

Very effective, great colours. Works well!!
Hi Garry,

Wet - Nice lighting of the beer in that shot. A good take for the theme.
Free Week - Great range of light and dark and very cleverly captured crescent moon. I'm assuming this is out of a plane window? It's not distorted like you would expect.

Thanks guys. Tim, it was taken out of the flight deck window but the side rear window so you get less distortion.

Week11: Entrance

Took this in one of the tunnels going into the NEC at the Photography show.

685C1608-50D6-452F-ACEA-4A5704DD2A83.jpeg

Garry

Distance, Nice shot, you have a nice job by the looks of it.Nice sharp details in the mountains and the blue colour is really nice.

Cold as Ice, I feel the B&W is not what it could be. The later colour one looks better.

Waiting. Shame about the glass in the way as its not as sharp as it could be. But I guess you where glad it was there. Nice portrait of a wonderful animal. The second shot is unusual, as first glane I thought it was 2 people, but you can just see the double reflected image.

Rough, whats not to like about rough rusty metal. I like the colour in the sun light contrasting against the shadows.

Object, nice image and shadow of your office. Just a little bit extra seperation may make a better image where the tail joins the shadow.

Wet, Really nice image, perk of the job I guess and why not. Love the colours.

Free, Nice use of the available colours and the spacing.

Entrance, a very colourful image, well taken. Would have been icing on the cake if there where someone at the end of the tunnel.

Pete

Back