weekly Gary’s 52 for 23 Week 52 - Favourite of the year

Good spot Gary. Fits the bill. Feels a tad overexposed to me (but that may be just me).

I like this! Great take on the theme, the black and white technique makes it feel a little spooky!

They look fairly hidden away. I feel its a bit top heavy but perhaps you couldn't get lower, or perhaps zoom in on one tunnel?

Tried to avoid the obvious flower connection, it appears that several great minds think alike

IMG_0986.jpeg

That’s quite good rope, bit of an upgrade from baler twine used around here :)

An excellent example of a bodge job, reminds me of some of the repairs around my place!. Well spotted and taken :)

Getting time for some catch-up comments:

Letters - That's a busy analogue inbox :)

Kitchen - I see you are shooting with a Panasonic GX8, I've just updated to one from an even older Panasonic G5. Pleased with the upgrade but the ergonomics need to grow on me.

Broken - That's going nowhere fast!

Full - I'm sure I've got one full of weeds that are fully submerged most of the time!

Patterns - A few variations in the photo.

Tunnel - There is light at the end of at least one.

Spring - I wonder if it's an original part of the gate being repurposed?

Getting time for some catch-up comments:

Letters - That's a busy analogue inbox :)

Kitchen - I see you are shooting with a Panasonic GX8, I've just updated to one from an even older Panasonic G5. Pleased with the upgrade but the ergonomics need to grow on me.

Broken - That's going nowhere fast!

Full - I'm sure I've got one full of weeds that are fully submerged most of the time!

Patterns - A few variations in the photo.

Tunnel - There is light at the end of at least one.

Spring - I wonder if it's an original part of the gate being repurposed?
Thanks for all your comments
Enjoying using the GX8 , it suits my walk about style of photography and can easily be slipped into my dog walking bag

Spring and extras.. the rope colour makes the image pop more.

Smooth(er)

IMG_0024.jpeg

Critique on this would be as it's a posed shot, the hair on the front of the bottle could/should have been removed.
You can probably clone it out in pp, but as this is a controlled shot it's easier to make sure everything is set first.
(I admit I'm as guilty of this as anybody, so this is the pot calling the kettle black).

Hair (of the dog) aside, it's a good take on the theme, and undoubtedly very nice to drink :)

Hair (of the dog) aside, it's a good take on the theme, and undoubtedly very nice to drink :)
It is in fact a real hair from the dog

Critique on this would be as it's a posed shot, the hair on the front of the bottle could/should have been removed.
You can probably clone it out in pp, but as this is a controlled shot it's easier to make sure everything is set first.
(I admit I'm as guilty of this as anybody, so this is the pot calling the kettle black).
Note to self
be more careful next time and don’t rush

Reactions: LC2
Great images, I'll have to come up with another idea now.... and another reason to get the brandy out :)
;)

Looks really good Gary. I wonder what they mean by "triple matured"?

Parked at the end of our street when I took the dog for his evening peramble

IMG_1013.jpeg

Lovely old car. Shame someones parked a great hire van behind it but not much you could do about that!

Lovely car... they always look like they have a "face" and a personality.

One from this morning’s dog walk

IMG_0026.jpeg

Post and be Damned. (I've posted quite a few of those to the 52 over the years).
Or maybe not, but it has the feel of an image taken just to hit the theme.
Isn’t that the idea? Taking images to a theme
yours for this theme could also be classed as pabd?

It fits the theme, in that each part of the pipe is connected to its neighbour.

As an image, it's possibly not particularly memorable. But we all have different reasons for posting a shot each week. If the challenge is to find something to meet the theme each week, that's fine! Others may want to take the opportunity to try something new, or different.

It fits the theme, in that each part of the pipe is connected to its neighbour.

As an image, it's possibly not particularly memorable. But we all have different reasons for posting a shot each week. If the challenge is to find something to meet the theme each week, that's fine! Others may want to take the opportunity to try something new, or different.
Sorry didn’t realise all the images we post here have to be memorable

Of course they don't "have to be" anything.

Sorry, I was trying to help.

Takes me back to when I was a kid when we used to straddle a similar pipe that crossed high over a stream and the bravest (most foolhardy) amongst us would stand up and walk across. Of course in those days, no one had bothered to fit those spiked defenders at each end as health and safety wasn't as rife as it is today and one didn't rely on an outside authority to regulate how stupid or not one could be.

Back