weekly George's 52 for 2017 Week 52(and Done)

Wooden - great textures on the wizard. So as well as saying hello to the fairies when crossing the bridge will have to doff my cap to the Wiz if I pass him when next visiting my niece.

Thanks David. Yes you will, but he's a bit hidden away so you have to go searching for him. :D

Week 41 - Wall(ed) - This is the Point of Ayre Lighthouse surrounded by a wall. :D Not convinced about the composition on this one but the main point was to show the wall so thats how it worked out :)

Walled by Georgina Shaw, on Flickr

Last edited:
Bent
That must be a windy area. They look good and are on theme.

Wood
I like the wooden statue, there's some good detail in the wood. It would have been nice to have some morning/evening sunlight shining on it,but you can only work with what you've got.

Wall
A nice coastal scene.

Wall, you could of perhaps got a little closer and removed some of the right hand side, needs a little straighten and a bit more exposure

Nice shot for wall Georgina. I might have cropped it to get rid of the grass on the right but keep the lighthouse in the middle. Is there another lighthouse in the back left of the shot?

Wall seems a bit dark in the foreground but you have handled the sky well

Bent
That must be a windy area. They look good and are on theme.

Wood
I like the wooden statue, there's some good detail in the wood. It would have been nice to have some morning/evening sunlight shining on it,but you can only work with what you've got.

Wall
A nice coastal scene.

Thanks Dominic. It's a small Island, it's windy everywhere :D I would have been nice to have some light on the wood but unfortunately it's in a very wooded area and the light really doesn't get to it at all, so as you say you have to work with what you have:)

Wall, you could of perhaps got a little closer and removed some of the right hand side, needs a little straighten and a bit more exposure

Hi Allan, Here's a version with the shadows lifted, now I've done that you can see the wall extends to the right and I wanted to show that it was kind of walled as well, rather than just being a wall. :)

Last edited:
Nice shot for wall Georgina. I might have cropped it to get rid of the grass on the right but keep the lighthouse in the middle. Is there another lighthouse in the back left of the shot?

Thanks Tilly, See lightened picture above. Realised is was little dark in the foreground but as you can probably now see it wasn't just grass to the right but the wall continues that way too. Yes there is another little lighthouse. Here is the view from the other side:)

Lighthouse by Georgina Shaw, on Flickr

Last edited:
Hi Georgina

Display - The curse of street furniture eh? Do these people not know how is annoys us / makes us resort to PS ;)
The one with the wagons for me, because, well... railway :) The buildings do give off a railway feel too, but the lighting in the wagon shot does it for me.

Bent - I know they are different, but those trees really put me in mind of the trees on the cover of Pink Floyds "The delicate Sound of Thunder". I think it's the proportions, colours and minimal feel. Anything that channels The Floyd gets a (y)

Wooden - What a fantastic piece. The only critique I would add is I'd like a bit more separation from the background. But not sure how you would achieve that and still have the full length (without doing a vertical pano I guess).

Wall - I didn't see the original, but this works for me. I quite like how the subject is incidental but also the biggest man made structure there (whereas the light house itself looks the biggest, but almost certainly isn't).

Hi, DK I am here, just been manic after my trip away and haven't had time to get organised. Hoping to do a big catch up this weekend and will be shamelessly using holiday pictures to do it. [emoji3]

Week 42 - Symmetrical

Not sure why but I really got stuck on this one. Think I just had too much going on in this week to concentrate on the topic. Anyway back from holiday and this kept out at me from the kitchen window sill. I love Orchids and realised they are very symmetrical

Symmetrical by Georgina Shaw, on Flickr

Week 43 to 47.

This is really a bit of a cheat but the themes so fitted my trip that it just had to be done :D

Week 43 - Worn - Worn steps at the Sayacmarka Inca Ruin in Peru

Worn by Georgina Shaw, on Flickr

Week 44 - Colourful - Seamstress in the San Pedro Market in Cusco, Peru.

Colourful by Georgina Shaw, on Flickr

Week 45 - Height - Marker post at the top of Dead Woman's Pass on the Inca Trail in Peru showing the Height of 4215m or 13,828ft. The top was the end of a gruelling 7 hours of walking up steps, but we still had 2 hours of down hill to get to our nights camp :crying:

Height by Georgina Shaw, on Flickr

Week 46 - Remote - They don't come much more remote than this! Our last campsite at Phuyupatamarka.

Remote by Georgina Shaw, on Flickr

And Finally ......

Week 47 - Build - Had to be ...... Machu Picchu or what the Incas managed to build in around 1450.

Build by Georgina Shaw, on Flickr

Blimey Georgina, thats a belting catch up...

Symmetrical is stunnig, I love the colours and shapes, Colour has loads to catch the idea, Remote - it certainly is!...and build is fascinating.....good work.

Hi Georgina

Display - The curse of street furniture eh? Do these people not know how is annoys us / makes us resort to PS ;)
The one with the wagons for me, because, well... railway :) The buildings do give off a railway feel too, but the lighting in the wagon shot does it for me.

Bent - I know they are different, but those trees really put me in mind of the trees on the cover of Pink Floyds "The delicate Sound of Thunder". I think it's the proportions, colours and minimal feel. Anything that channels The Floyd gets a (y)

Wooden - What a fantastic piece. The only critique I would add is I'd like a bit more separation from the background. But not sure how you would achieve that and still have the full length (without doing a vertical pano I guess).

Wall - I didn't see the original, but this works for me. I quite like how the subject is incidental but also the biggest man made structure there (whereas the light house itself looks the biggest, but almost certainly isn't).

Hi Tim, so sorry for the late reply :sorry: It was very annoying and there were too many it was impossible to PS them all out :D Had to go and look up the album cover but I can see where you're coming from :) The original picture for some reason came out really dark when I posted it to the group, so you couldn't really see the wall going off to the right side. Thanks very much for all your comments :)

A great catchup Georgina, of them all I prefer the Remote image with the many mountains, though the rest all fit the themes very well, liking the colour image of the lady too sewing obliviously of your being there :)

Thanks Dean, She was engrossed in what she was doing. It was quite tricky to get shots of people, especially those in national dress, as they wanted paying and they wanted to pose :(

OMG What a fantastic catch up Georgina and great/fantastic shots too. Love Orchids too as think they are very photogenic flower indeed, all your other photos are beautifully taken too and like them all (y)(y)(y)

Thanks very much Dave :) Glad you liked them :)

Remote - both in distance and height. Feeling of depth of view from changes in haze and colour work well.

Good work!

Height ... pick of the bunch for me. I also like the streetiness of Colour! and the Remoteness of Build. :ROFLMAO:

Hi Georgina,

Symmetrical - Works really well for the theme and lovely colours against the black.
Worn - Again, nicely done for the theme. Do you have any where the leading lines have a pay-off (someone at the top of the stairs)? Would be interesting to see how that works.
Colourful - Certainly has colours. For me though, it doesn't nail the theme because the seamstress is the obvious focal point which makes the colours secondary. Just me though, others probably see it differently.
Height - Kudos to all of the photographers who made the effort to climb somewhere for height. (I didn't even manage to climb The Monument ;) )
I love the strapped on Bunny. Adds humour to the image.
Remote - Such beautiful and powerful blues. Stunning, my favourite of your catch up :clap:
Build - Machu Picchu... Somewhere on most togs bucket list I suspect. :)

I'm glad you could see where I was coming from for 'Bent'. I'm not going bonkers then ;)

Great catch up Georgina and looked like a fabulous holiday. loved the colour especially.

Thanks John, it was fantastic. I did take lots of pictures but none of them seem to capture the vastness and scale. It really is a beautiful place :)

Hi Georgina,

Symmetrical - Works really well for the theme and lovely colours against the black.
Worn - Again, nicely done for the theme. Do you have any where the leading lines have a pay-off (someone at the top of the stairs)? Would be interesting to see how that works.
Colourful - Certainly has colours. For me though, it doesn't nail the theme because the seamstress is the obvious focal point which makes the colours secondary. Just me though, others probably see it differently.
Height - Kudos to all of the photographers who made the effort to climb somewhere for height. (I didn't even manage to climb The Monument ;) )
I love the strapped on Bunny. Adds humour to the image.
Remote - Such beautiful and powerful blues. Stunning, my favourite of your catch up :clap:
Build - Machu Picchu... Somewhere on most togs bucket list I suspect. :)

I'm glad you could see where I was coming from for 'Bent'. I'm not going bonkers then ;)

Thanks Tim again for all your comments. Unfortunately not, with regards to worn. In fact most of the pictures from this trip are grab shots as we walked along. I would love to have spent more time taking pictures but didn't want to get too far behind or hold up the rest of the group :(. I will hopefully be putting more on Flickr this weekend. Colour was actually taken for a competition at our local photography group where the subject is occupation but decided there was enough colour to make it work for this too :D

Well not completely bonkers anyway ;):D

A nice little catch up. My pick being colourful, I think it's a really strong image (y)

Week 49 - Broad - This is a frog my Mother-in-Law made. Don't really like this picture but was losing the will to live over broad and he does have a broad smile :D

Broad by Georgina Shaw, on Flickr

Back