weekly *gold*'s 52 (2012) Week 5 Secure and Week 7 Root Added

Well, i haven't done Sigh yet but will at some stage soon enough :nono:

I intend to carry on shooting to every theme and avoid finding a shot just to match the theme.

In the meantime, here is my Sweet shot :D

Sweet because there can be few sweeter birds than the Long Tailed Tit.

Long Tailed Tit 2 by Cliff 'O', on Flickr

Sorry i am not making it around many 52's at the moment but there are so many and i have so much going on :(

Best wishes
Cliff

I like fear, nicely done... good composition. You're right, the themes aren't easy, but that's part of the challenge.

Sweet... ah... very small and fast little things, so very nicely done.

Good picture it is something that I have not tried yet and must get round to it. I have to ask how long did it take to get that shot?

My first proper day birding and my first day with my 50D and my first time with a friends 100-400L .
It was 47 mins after i took my first shot :LOL:
(i think i had a very productive (and lucky) day to be honest)
I counted seeing 14 bird varieties off the top of my head and i was only shooting for 1hr 16mins, not all available to photograph but nearby (10m) :cool:

When the LTTs come along they are like a gang of looters, loads of them and they don't sit still long

Thanks for the comments (y)

Best wishes
Cliff

Like it! Sweet little face does it all and well taken.

Hi Cliff

Fear....right on theme & well shot....mono suits it well , nice angle & def conveys the theme...so well done (y) Someone elese mentioned the dark bit bottom right...& does seem a tad noisy....can't make up my mind if that adds to it though :shrug: I've just downloaded " neatimage" trial version & it works a treat on noise reduction & best of all it's free :)

Sweet....lovely capture...great bokeh( think thats the right term )...possibly crop a little from the bottom...slight miss on eye focus but great detail in the feather so well done you...especially for your 1st time at birding :clap:

Nice long tail tit, I get a few of these on my bird feeder. They are indeed sweet :)

Nice shot and different take on the theme :)

Hi Cliff, its a good start to 2012, sounds like you didn't do to well with last years.
I prefer the colour version of direction the noise is a bit of a shame, I have done that before and left the camera on a setting from the night before. It annoying.

I like your fear shot its a good capture of the emotion and the lighting and crop help to portray the thought, maybe a slight crop off the bottom to get rid of the black line as its a distraction.

Hope you manage to get a sigh shot, I was struggling with that one its a difficult one. See if you can get some inspiration from the other peoples shots and put your own slant on it.

Finally that is one sweet looking bird, so tiny, i'm not a bird fan myself but can certainly appreciate why people are.

Keep up the strong work.

Hi Cliff,

I like your first 2 shots, I prefer the colour version of the sign and Fear is nicely processed.
Birds do not do anything for me though I'm afraid! :LOL:

I hope you catch up soon. :)

Hi Cliff
Secure - right on theme but looks abit washed out on my monitor. not sure how you alter that as my pp tends to be a bit suck it and see.
Root - Good shot on theme. Might be tempted to crop the bottom bit though as it looks a bit oof. Also I might try to increase the contrast a bit

Nice shot, bang on theme to. Contrast is a little low for me as mentioned above me, also agree with the cropping comment.
But apart from them small nit picking comments, a really good photo that fits the theme perfectly.

Hi Cliff

Secure....spot on for the theme , good focus , possibly boost the colors a tad to bring out the rust (y)

Root....yup , works well in B&W but up the contrast a little & possibly a slight crop bottom & LHS ...great image for the theme (y)

Hi Cliff

Secure....spot on for the theme , good focus , possibly boost the colors a tad to bring out the rust (y)

Root....yup , works well in B&W but up the contrast a little & possibly a slight crop bottom & LHS ...great image for the theme (y)

Firstly, many thanks for taking the time to comment :cool:

Now here goes with my feeble excuses :cautious:
Just quoted Lynne but took everyones advice, i have tried with Root, the cropping is ok but messing with the contrast is really tricky, if i boost it slightly it looks too much to me, the clip warnings came on when i did the raw file whichever way i took it, thats why i left it as it was because i thought that was how to do it :LOL:
As for rust, i have tried but again, if i mess with the saturation the rust looks orange and unnatural and the grass in the background becomes a distraction, i have tried though, just my opinion but hey, here they are, judge for yourselves (y)

Root2 by Cliff 'O', on Flickr

Secure2 by Cliff 'O', on Flickr

Best wishes
Cliff

My first time on your thread cliff. You've got some good shots on here. I'm liking your edited version of secure the orange of the rust works well imo. What editing program are you using???? Are you able to change the hue and saturation of individual colours?? if so you could desaturate the green to make it look a little less in you face. :shrug:

Look forward to seeing the rest of your 52.

My first time on your thread cliff. You've got some good shots on here. I'm liking your edited version of secure the orange of the rust works well imo. What editing program are you using???? Are you able to change the hue and saturation of individual colours?? if so you could desaturate the green to make it look a little less in you face. :shrug:

Look forward to seeing the rest of your 52.

I am using CS5 PS and did try messing with the hue on it but i'm still learning and didnt see any benefit :bang:

Many thanks for taking the time to comment (y)

Atb
Cliff

Back