weekly Gritty 52 Challenge For 2021

Name
Heather
Edit My Images
Yes
Lets hope this year I will get a shot every week and not be playing catch up so much, I have a habit of taking the shots but not having the time to edit them

Week 0 of 52

Near (by) Darth offers one of his Stormtroopers support.

So once again we enter a period of lockdown and I decided to take the subject literally... we all need someone near by whether to collect milk and bread when we can't do so or even nearby on the end of the phone when you in need of a pick me up chat. For some this will be a blue and sometimes dark time, I hope none of you get to that point please reach out if you do.
Now for a bit of fun ...

Nearby 2.jpg

That's a really nice opening post Heather thank you (y)
And of course it applies to you also,
I've been around the block a few times and nothing you say will shock me ... ;)

Anyway, That's a great start Heather nice composite ... or is that really the man himself?
I do hope so :D

Great compsoite, nice start to the challenge.

That's a really nice opening post Heather thank you (y)
And of course it applies to you also,
I've been around the block a few times and nothing you say will shock me ... ;)

Anyway, That's a great start Heather nice composite ... or is that really the man himself?
I do hope so :D

Thanks Cobra, I appreciate your support.

Fancied doing something out of the blue! for my 1st submission in 2021.

My picture is open to interpretation so it may well be the man himself... albeit in my lounge on a rainy afternoon.

albeit in my lounge on a rainy afternoon.
Not convinced :D
Edit .. Actually depict a film added to the themes.
So we may see him again ....

Put the cosplay stuff away @LC2 Tim :p

Last edited:
Hi Heather

I'd never have guessed that was W Sussex. Well done (whatever you've done there). ;)

Impressive and imaginative - fabby!

Great start Heather - well thought out and constructed.

Week 1
Grape FRUIT totally filling the frame (tech)

I always like to get the tech out of the way especially when a subject just seems to beg for it like this grapefruit did, a little past its sell by date to pop in with a Gin it was perfect for this technique.
I have been meaning to use a light box/table for ages to backlight fruit and as I had the time I went for it. Even better was I built it for free, Amazon Box in hand, Stanley Knife in the other.
I grabbed an old photo frame that was waiting to go to the charity shop (when they finally open) this one was a box frame so had 2 pieces of glass.... I removed and cleaned the glass and popped a piece of tracing paper between the glass and re-seated the glass back in the frame. I cut a hole in the amazon box a little bit smaller than my frame and popped the frame on top. I grabbed my led light, I think it would work with any light popped it in the box and bingo, bobs your uncle, fanny is your aunt... 1 light box/table thingy for free..

Grape FRUIT 3.jpg

Cracking start to this year's 52 Heather! Nicely edited together, and a great concept to start with!

Cheers, trying to think outside the box this year a little bit and get out of my comfort zone especially with being a newbie to editing.

Hi Heather

I'd never have guessed that was W Sussex. Well done (whatever you've done there). ;)
Thanks David, it is most defiantly a very well kept secret area in W Sussex, still getting to grips with editing so pushing by boundaries and having fun.

That works well, and thank for explaining the construction too.

Very clever I like that especially the blue.

Cheers, its amazing what you can do with a small led light, mine wasn't expensive and I use it in most of my indoor shots, I used it in one of my pictures of the inside of my washing machine in my 52/2020.

That works well, and thank for explaining the construction too.

Thanks Paul, I thought it might inspire others to have a go without spending a fortune.

Thank you Heather, I really do like this image.
Cheers Dave, something out of the blue :) glad you liked it. I'm having fun with my editing and starting to find my feet with it.

Amazing Heather. I've no idea how you did it, but it's very clever.
Thank you for that, a still life set up in my lounge and a bit of playful editing.

I’m another one who is slightly bedazzled by your photo, but it certainly looks impressive, good to see some thinking outside the box
Hi Susie, thanks for commenting, it was a still life set up in my lounge and a bit of playful editing. (i'm a newbie to editing) so having fun and this year definitely trying to think outside the box.

Impressive and imaginative - fabby!
Cheers Dave, hopefully you will see some more of these appearing in the future, really enjoyed this one.

Great start Heather - well thought out and constructed.
Thanks Helen, I think we are all a bit mindful at the mo.. a little bit of fun on a rainy afternoon in W Sussex

I really love this one! Great explanation too.
Cheers Steg, thank you for your kind comments. We are all stuck at home so I am looking for inspiration from ever corner of my house and garden.

Nice close up Heather.
It works well

Lovely creativity there Heather, I particularly like the warm colour tones in your fruit image. (y)

Hi Heather ....that was a great explanation of your home made light box ...good old Amazon saves the day :) another unique addition to your 52’s well done to you, I’m looking forward to more of your home made creations.
Thanks Susie, thank you for comments.. I wanted to explain the process behind getting that shot, all too often we see photos but don't realise what went into making that shot.
Every shot has a tale to tell and I was telling that shots tale. :cool:
Also I thought it might inspire others to have a go without spending a fortune.

Nice close up Heather.
It works well
Cheers Cobra, your taking me out of my comfort zone and getting me trying new things. If nothing else this predicament has stopped me focusing on my usual outdoor shots and taken me to places I never thought I would go. Sir I take my hat off to you. :ty:

Lovely creativity there Heather, I particularly like the warm colour tones in your fruit image. (y)
Thank you Iain, trying to think out the box this year and generally be more creative and have fun with my photography.

Sir I take my hat off to you. :ty:
Thank you (y)
But don't be too quick to say that, there is another 51 to go .... :D

Hopefully we will be able to get outside our own houses in the not to distant future and the themes should open up a bit (y)

Week 1
Grape FRUIT totally filling the frame (tech)

I always like to get the tech out of the way especially when a subject just seems to beg for it like this grapefruit did, a little past its sell by date to pop in with a Gin it was perfect for this technique.
I have been meaning to use a light box/table for ages to backlight fruit and as I had the time I went for it. Even better was I built it for free, Amazon Box in hand, Stanley Knife in the other.
I grabbed an old photo frame that was waiting to go to the charity shop (when they finally open) this one was a box frame so had 2 pieces of glass.... I removed and cleaned the glass and popped a piece of tracing paper between the glass and re-seated the glass back in the frame. I cut a hole in the amazon box a little bit smaller than my frame and popped the frame on top. I grabbed my led light, I think it would work with any light popped it in the box and bingo, bobs your uncle, fanny is your aunt... 1 light box/table thingy for free..

Fills the frame ✓

Most interesting, image and explanation. But not sure about the colour. :thinking:

Back