weekly Hawthorn's 52 for 24. Wk3 Soft

Edit My Images
Yes
SOOC shot. Went to have a wander round my local church and took this. No idea what I was doing in f5.6 but there you go, lessons have been learnt :LOL:.

Week1.jpg

Not sure I see a problem with the aperture on this. The subject is the carpet and it's sharp. Job done IMO. The wooden pews(?) just add a border and a bit of curiosity to the image which overall, works really well. A nice start!

A good start to the 52. I like the composition and the light falls nicely on the subject area.

I rather like that! Well done.
Thankyou. :)

Always lots of opportunities in churches for textures and shiny wood! You've got both here!!
I did take a ton of photos in there as the light was so pretty.

Not sure I see a problem with the aperture on this. The subject is the carpet and it's sharp. Job done IMO. The wooden pews(?) just add a border and a bit of curiosity to the image which overall, works really well. A nice start!
On my screen, I dont think the nearest square of carpet is sharp but I added clarity so maybe I got away with it. F numbers are still a bit of a mystery to me.

A good start to the 52. I like the composition and the light falls nicely on the subject area.
Thankyou. I'm glad you mentioned the light as that was what I was going after.

Yep, that works well for me.
Thankyou :)

Nice - sharp and to the point :naughty:

Great take, and while the decision to crop square is a creative one. The first thing I was going to compliment was the fact that they were framed with so much negative space. I still love that you have a highlight and a black point. and the exposure to bring the reflective surface to a high key is well executed. Great work

Love the simple square crop. Also the very bright background with the contrast of the nails. Interesting to see so many takes on the same subject that work. Good stuff!

Back