Hoping to see everyone's favourite Cityscape they have taken

D

Deleted member 91540

Kinda curious to see other peoples favourite Cityscape shots. This would have to be an image taken by yourself and edited my yourself. Pros and amateurs welcome.

Also if you could give a little information about the photo and why it's your favourite that would be good too.

I will attach mine.

My image is of my home city Liverpool. I don't really get out of this city much and most of my cityscapes are here. I took this shot a long time ago and never really liked it, but as my post processing got better I went back to this image and now it's my favourite.

I will look forward to seeing others.

Attachments

• Mann Island Night__compress23.jpg
    Mann Island Night__compress23.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 76
Welcome to the Forum Connor. Very nice pic. I have a similar image from about ten years ago before the two black building were built to spoil the view. ;) :LOL:

My favourite city is Venice, and my favourite view in the city is towards the island of San Giorgio Maggiore. I first saw an image of the island whilst doing a Photoshop course about 18 years ago, as it was an image used to edit on the course, and just stuck with me. It's a cliched view, that everyone who visits will probably take a version of, but I like this version, even though I have many others.

1582244254385.jpeg

Btw, I think you pic needs a little straightening. ;)

I don't normally do city scapes, perhaps because I'm vary rarely in a city :D but I took this in Singapore in August last year. Taken with a 35mm f2.8, I think it was 31 shots stitched. It needs tidying at the bottom, I'll get to it one day.

Gvqhvuy.jpg

Last edited:
It's nice that this thread has tempted two new people to post :D

Possibly this one of Granada, Spain, from the Albaicin; taken when I was much younger in November 1989, with a Canon AV-1, FD 50mm f/1.8 and Fuji slide film

It was getting dark, but I had no tripod on me, so rested the camera on a wall for the length of the exposure, which was probably close to the maximum of 2 seconds with the lens wide open.

I took only this frame and was very pleasantly surprised that it had succeeded when I got my slides back. I've done plenty of long exposure cityscapes with digital since, but this has a rather special place.

The atmospheric perspective and the contrast between the city and mountains make it for me.

Granada Dusk, November 1989
by Rob Telford, on Flickr

Last edited:
See above. AFAIK two people posted their first post in this thread.

Its a photography forum, posting images is good (y)
Some people go years without posting an image, some never do :(

I just thought they may have been lurking and this thread might have been what got them to post... and new peeps has to be nice.

Last edited:
Either way, nice to see new people but not so nice if they always post better pictures than mine :D Not difficult.

Back