Ians 52

Hi Ian, just having a bit of a catch-up...

New - great idea and well timed. DOF and background have been covered.
Clean - the car shot is definitely my favourite, an interesting composition with detail and movement.
Open - great find, the subject contains lots to look at. Ideal world would have included either all or none of the pig, but these things are usually dictated by where you can stand.
Distant - really cool shot. The suggestion to go mono makes it really atmospheric but I like the vivid green in the original, it's warm and fresh, if that's not a contradiction.

Cold
Very simple (not in a bad way), with a good crop. For me it's a little under exposed.

Nicely done. Good detail on the rock (I think it is). I like it.

And as for the ice luge, we had one of those for my sis-in-law's 50th birthday a few years ago and spent 8 hours tipping vodka down it. If I said it didn't end well, that would be a huge underestimation :)

Open - very interesting shop with lots to see
Distant - I like the colour version
cold - I like that, the colours are good, and the crop really suits it

Works for the theme.
There is quite a lot going on in the background of the shot. Was there any opportunity to use a different angle to seperate her from the background a bit?
I could have gotten directly in front of her but I thought it wouldn’t have the same impact.

I thought i had more time this week, but life took over these are three i managed to get for rough.
IMG_3951.jpg

Last edited:
I think all three fit the theme well. Rough textures throughout. The second and third have that kind of crude graffiti that you see everywhere nowadays and I guess it's more prominent in the rougher areas of the town etc.

Back