Thanks Bob, it was taken on a Fuji XE-2, 35 mm lens 1/60 sec iso 1600 @F4

Last edited:

Fuji Dave

Teacher's Pet
Name
FUJI SON
Edit My Images
No
Haha the Fuji crew strike again :D A very good image and very well timed shot it is too, great start to your 52 Ian.

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Yep - nailed theme 1

Name
Andrea
Edit My Images
Yes
Welcome to the 52, Ian, and aren't you off to a great start! :clap: This is a great interpretation of the theme and I like the movement in the turning page. Being picky I might have tried to reduce the slight distractions in the background or on the table but that could result in it becoming too sterile and set up, so it's just a thought. Well done :)

OP
karate-ka
Name
ian
Edit My Images
Yes
Welcome to the 52, Ian, and aren't you off to a great start! :clap: This is a great interpretation of the theme and I like the movement in the turning page. Being picky I might have tried to reduce the slight distractions in the background or on the table but that could result in it becoming too sterile and set up, so it's just a thought. Well done :)
Hi Andrea, I do need to focus on what is going on around the subject rather than concentrating on the subject its self.

Name
Georgina
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Ian, Excellent idea and well taken. Like Andrea, I found the items in the bg a little distracting. I think we all get a little blinkered at times, I know I do. I come home lots of times thinking I have a good shot and only when I get it on the computer see there is something horrible in the bg. Thank goodness for the healing/clone tool on photoshop ;):eek:

OP
karate-ka
Name
ian
Edit My Images
Yes
IMG_0248.jpg
IMG_0248.jpg IMG_0249.jpg Couple of images i am pondering to use for the 52 challenge

Edit My Images
Yes
Nice! I love this. Lots of movement and detail

OP
karate-ka
Name
ian
Edit My Images
Yes
Thanks Ian, this was the only one I managed to get as the battery ran out of charge

GarethB

Likes to peek
Name
I don't even know anymore!
Edit My Images
Yes
All your images for the CLEAN theme are very good!
Great mono processing and a cool story in them all.
I'm leaning towards the car washing image though!
It's so dynamic and I really like the way the spray hits the door!
The faster spray from the nozzle has nice motion blur...but becomes sharper as the droplets slow.
Very cool effect, and a good use of DoF too!
Excellent!(y)

OP
karate-ka
Name
ian
Edit My Images
Yes
All your images for the CLEAN theme are very good!
Great mono processing and a cool story in them all.
I'm leaning towards the car washing image though!
It's so dynamic and I really like the way the spray hits the door!
The faster spray from the nozzle has nice motion blur...but becomes sharper as the droplets slow.
Very cool effect, and a good use of DoF too!
Excellent!(y)
Thanks for the kind words.

Name
Jon
Edit My Images
Yes
Nice interpretation of the New theme!
Clean is also a great shot, glad you picked the car one, the windows don't really grab me but I love the car one.

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Like the final CLEAN shot best. Pity you didn;t shoot it on film - you could have used Foamopan :D