Insomnia.

sorry to here about mrs beeza , hope she gets better soon

althought it wasnt insomnia per se i had very disturbed sleep last night, woke up at 12.30, 1.20, 2.45, 3.15, and 4.20 - at that point i gave up an got up.

Not looking promising tonight. My medication is messing with my body clock. It's one thing not being tired but it's horrible to be really tired and still get no kip.

Not looking promising tonight. My medication is messing with my body clock. It's one thing not being tired but it's horrible to be really tired and still get no kip.

I know what you mean. I have rhinitis and when I cried a lot or got a bad case of flu, I won't be able to breathe at all. On good days, I will feel like I am slowly suffocating every time I try to fall asleep, so... I tried drinking sleeping pills but the dose keeps on increasing, it makes me afraid...

Got woken up a disabled neighbour had a fall. Between me and a couple of others , got them safely sat back in wheelchair. After all that excitement, I am now fully awake. Looks like I won't be going to sleep anytime soon!

Just checking in, me and the missus both wide awake. Her sore arms are playing up again.

I feel fof you guys.
I have been up all night but thats at work.
I have those nights of looking at the clock every hour only to fall asleep just before I have to get up at 4:30, a couple of times a month.

Last edited:
No sleep for me tonight

Got a very early start in the morning, moving a charity and all there computer & IT infrastructure from one building to their new location across town

Here is hoping that all the pre-planing and preparations were worth it and all goes smoothly

No sleep for me tonight

Got a very early start in the morning, moving a charity and all there computer & IT infrastructure from one building to their new location across town

Here is hoping that all the pre-planing and preparations were worth it and all goes smoothly
You are clocking in a little early :)

You are clocking in a little early :)

Just a bit, last minute checks and things like that

I must admit I did anticipate this so had a bit of a relaxing day today which involved trying to get some extra sleep in

EDIT: Just discovered that the PP3 is dead in my cable tester so will have to source one in the morning

Last edited:
I had a "kip" this afternoon ........... snoring away according to my wife ........ so I won't get much sleep tonight which is par for the course for me

Looking forward to getting to my bed tonight, hope I manage to get some reasonable sleep

Looking forward to getting to my bed tonight, hope I manage to get some reasonable sleep
Keith , hope you did manage a bit of sleep. Just checking in, both me and the missus, plus dog are wide awake. Yawn yawn

Meh looks like another restless night with little or no sleep :(

Have had gastric flu over the last few days and have been getting very acquainted with my loo :(

Well the job I was saving to keep me occupied over the festive period is now done thanks to my lack of sleep.

Only problem now is I have nothing to keep me occupied over the festive period

Oh well

Well the job I was saving to keep me occupied over the festive period is now done thanks to my lack of sleep.

Only problem now is I have nothing to keep me occupied over the festive period

Oh well
I only managed a few hours, wide awake again :-(

Do I have to leave the thread because I managed a record 8 hours last night?. First time for years.:exit:

Bugger :(

Happy New Year everyone. Hope 2016 is a good un for you. :cool:

OK I give in, I have put the heating on as it is bloody freezing in my flat
14156-1452484914-251b89582ef1446eadae81d6627aea35.jpg

Im currently off work with Insomnia and Diabetes, diagnosed with T2 Diabetes early November after going to doctors with thirst, 4 st weight loss and unable to sleep at night and cat napping during the day, 2 month later after being cripped by Metformine tablets was put on glycozide which seems to be bring blood sugars down a bit, i test 8 times a day and vary between 14.0 to Hi which is over 33 (machine wont register over 33) weight loss now 32kg, muscle mass gone and weak as hell, getting by on an average 2 hrs sleep a day (notice i didnt say night) been told once blood sugars get under control things will get better but boy do i miss my sleep

Sounds like you need better diet control if your blood sugar is that high despite medication.

Sounds like you need better diet control if your blood sugar is that high despite medication.
Yup but water and salad is rubbish, my hba1c last month was 107, blood glucose is showing a downward trend though since going on Glycozide 2 weeks ago

Try getting to see a proper nutritionist through your GP and get a decent tasty diet sorted. You don't need to live off rabbit food to keep the HbA1c under control, hell, I even sneak in chocolate and fudge in moderation! Shame the Metformin didn't agree with you - read some research about it helping prolong life in non diabetics as well as being a first choice drug for them/us.

Try getting to see a proper nutritionist through your GP and get a decent tasty diet sorted. You don't need to live off rabbit food to keep the HbA1c under control, hell, I even sneak in chocolate and fudge in moderation! Shame the Metformin didn't agree with you - read some research about it helping prolong life in non diabetics as well as being a first choice drug for them/us.
Im waiting to get a place on the DESMOND program which is supposed to be good, dietary advice so far non existent other than cut back on Sugar DUHHHHHHHHH, what they dont tell you is need to heavily cut back on Carbs as well which means NO BREAD, i cant do without bread

I'd HIGHLY suggest a Dietitian rather than a nutritionist.
@Gary Coyle Hope you get it under control soon.

I'd HIGHLY suggest a Dietician rather than a nutritionist.
@Gary Coyle Hope you get it under control soon.
FTFY.

Couldn't remember which was which, like radiographers and radiologists!

Back