Is this forum over moderated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've already expressed my feelings on that one - but the Admins wouldn't let me declare open season on them the past 5 times I've asked. I'll try again soon, see if they'll give me it for my christmas pressie :)

I thought the season was already open - didn't a bunch of people cop permas round about the time I got a 3 day "please don't be penis" ban last month - I understood (from I think dod) at that point that admin had decided enough was enough , the gloves were off and the war hammers had been issued....

I'm fairly sure the mods prefer people to report stuff rather than front it up and sort it out by telling another member they are an utter t*** to their faces - in the same way that the police prefer you to report crime rather than knee capping the criminal, that's not about cowardice , it's about acting like a responsible individual instead of a mindless thug

There is also some irony in thinking you are acting manfully by backing it up on a forum where you are completely anonymous (that's the generic you - not brash specifically) fronting it out as an anonymous gobs***e and causing unecessary rows and squablling isn't being a man - its being a keyboard warrior

Not necessarily (I appreciate you were generalising and not just having a go at me...............weren't you?). As I've said before and alluded in my post to say something on a Forum you need to be man enough to say it 'down the pub' as well and that has cost me the odd smack in the puss over the years. It's those who don't have that ethos that get me ie keyboard warrior cowards who gloat in trying to get others in bother by grassing on them etc etc. I'm not saying all RTM's or even the majority of them are like this but I'm convinced quite a number are.

Thuggery? Nah just part of human nature. There'll always be differences of opinions, dust ups and battles and different ways of dealing with them. All part of life we are,at times, not as civilised as we'd like to think we are.

I'm sure the Mods appreciate the use of the RTM but also feel they must get p***ed of with some of the trivial pish they get bombarded with at times as well.

Problem is, we can't see every thread that's on here - there's only usually half a dozen of the staff at most online at any one time - and, well - frankly, there's a LOAD of threads getting posted to. Unless it's a thread about something that catches our eye due to our own personal interests, the chances of simply wandering into a thread and spotting things as they "kick off" (generally the best point to jump on any trouble) are slim. So, we do kind of rely on RTMs to help us notice the problems... and, sadly, as some people bear grudges/run vendettas/indulge in on-and-off-forum bullying that have been on-going for months-years there are times when it's not always all that clear who's started things, but it is generally clear when someone has called the other a knob...

I appreciate that. But how kindly would the mod team look on a RTM saying - get rid of this member, he/she's an imbecile? I can supply a list... :D

I try to use the ignore function, but there are messages telling me when there's stuff been posted that I'm ignoring and it's like the Father Dougal and the Do Not Press button! :eek:

GlitteringGrizzledFluke.gif

but also feel they must get p***ed of with some of the trivial pish they get bombarded with at times

how kindly would the mod team look on a RTM saying - get rid of this member, he/she's an imbecile?

Have you two been checking the messages we've had in the staff room today... about 50/50 split between the two extremes, in other words - just a normal day.

I think some people are just more sensitive and do not necessarily have the vocabulary to express themselves. RTM is easy way out.

I do not think this forum is over moderated. There are several posters on here who really wind me up sometimes, interestingly they are usually the same people who are also frequently very helpful. I also think that I would like to meet some of those who occasionally wind me, not for a row, but to have a beer and an interesting debate. It would be fun. Life is just too short to worry about who posts what. Who really gives a F@@K?

I must confess I started this post out of a bit of devilment but it is something I sometimes find a tad irritating.
I 100% agree with the above and wouldn't mind meeting one or two of here myself for a beer and a chat.

Anyway thanks for the good debate and making this the biggest thread I have ever started. I must try the same on a photography related topic.

I've already expressed my feelings on that one - but the Admins wouldn't let me declare open season on them the past 5 times I've asked. I'll try again soon, see if they'll give me it for my christmas pressie :)

Shall I say me goodbyes now then:(

Reactions: ST4
I must confess I started this post out of a bit of devilment but it is something I sometimes find a tad irritating.
I 100% agree with the above and wouldn't mind meeting one or two of here myself for a beer and a chat.

Anyway thanks for the good debate and making this the biggest thread I have ever started. I must try the same on a photography related topic.

there's always the meggameet - as far as i know that as never degenerated into a fight in the carpark afterwards, although certain members have been known to get so p***ed they can't stand up

there's always the meggameet - as far as i know that as never degenerated into a fight in the carpark afterwards, [\QUOTE]

Aye, but I've not been to one................

..........,.,yet!!!!

there's always the meggameet - as far as i know that as never degenerated into a fight in the carpark afterwards, although certain members have been known to get so p***ed they can't stand up

Have any Muslims ever attended a "meggameet"? :D

Have any Muslims ever attended a "meggameet"? :D

I have no idea - as far as i know you aren't required to state your religious preference when joining the forum ... I suspect that matt isn't a muslim though based on the amount of booze he put away a the first one :LOL: though his tendency to wear a balaclava while whirling flammable items round his head is a tad suspicious...

The ISIS thread has been closed now. Just as it was getting back on an even keel. :(

Yeh, we can start our own version of TP. To be a member you have to be a racist, homophobic, misoginistic, right wing, facist, uneducated, knuckle trailing, troll of a thug and any other effin stereotype you wish to chuck around.:D

Reactions: ST4
Yeh, we can start our own version of TP. To be a member you have to be a racist, homophobic, misoginistic, right wing, facist, uneducated, knuckle trailing, troll of a thug and any other effin stereotype you wish to chuck around.:D

You forgot Britain First or UKIP supporting...and the all important word of islamophobic, uninformed and labelling....

And we can invite David...

Proper thread this: https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/t...o-forum-at-uclan-preston.607095/#post-7117485

Last edited:
you have to be a racist, homophobic, misoginistic, right wing, facist, uneducated, knuckle trailing, troll of a thug and any other effin stereotype you wish to chuck around.:D
You left out skin head :p

generally I think if anything it's a little under-moderated
We do try and take a liberal approach, but give some people an inch and they'll take a mile the p***.
No one likes banning / suspending anyone, but occasionally it has to be done to try and get things back on an even keel.
As I've said many times, there is never anything personal in that action, we do it, forget about it and move on.
Just like we hope the members that are given a holiday will.
Some don't, some bear grudges, but life is too short IMO.

Nope..don't believe you :p
You're still here aren't you? :p

Sometimes I / we just delete posts silently rather than warn / suspend,

Unfortunately the only way some people learn is an extended holiday though and even then come back and repeat the "offence"
Sometimes you just can't help people ;)

You're still here aren't you? :p

Sometimes I / we just delete posts silently rather than warn / suspend,

Unfortunately the only way some people learn is an extended holiday though and even then come back and repeat the "offence"
Sometimes you just can't help people ;)
Sometimes they cant help themselves.

I'm running a book on when the next anti Muslim topic makes an appearance.

Good odds available...

Place your bets! :D

Friday night is always a safe bet ;)
They usually kick off about 8pm-ish and reach a crescendo sometime around11 pm ;)

Good odds available...

Place your bets! :D

perhaps a separate one on which topic will next be hijacked into an anti muslim/immigrant rant ;)

can give you good odds on member & day combination bets. :)
LOL but I think the staff have a pretty good handle on that, it would be unfair to take your money :D

perhaps a separate one on which topic will next be hijacked into an anti muslim/immigrant rant
Too late for that Pete :D

Good idea. Also, for the more adventurous, how long it runs for before closure.

Or Which mod closes it, and if that then inspires a rant about the unfairness of the mod team .... :runaway:

Seriously, if anyone wants to make a prediction (no money involved), send me a PM.

I'll log all predictions and winners will be announced as & when applicable.

:)

Bets are now OPEN!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back