weekly LancsLee's 52s for 2018 - Another catch up - Week 11 - Wet

Great photo and great B&W processing! #2 for me for the same reason as David @d00d

good idea, well executed, it does have something slightly alien about it.

Cheers guys. It got me a cracker on the hand yesterday as I was throwing it outside in the snow.

Oh they are sharp for sure, as you and I know from experience of them hanging on when they shouldn't!

On theme and nicely done

Lee

On theme, 2 claws in focus, I dont like the distracting cloth in the foreground.
Just keep them away from me, or I will get Dudley to chase it.

Pete

Nice image for Sharp Lee, love the detail!

Two sharp claws ... LHS one looks best, wondering if just the one claw might have more impact, just a thought (y)

Definitely the first one as the second looks even more alien but less 'sharp' since the point is hidden.

Great idea, and brilliantly executed! I prefer the first version with the two claws.

It’s You! You got picked on my comment rota.
Week 6 - Oh yes they are sharp. Used to have a cat that used to climb down my bare leg under the duvet ! As has been said has an alien feel.

Age - two lovely shots I like first with its waterfall It looks better against the black background on flickr
Sharp - I like the first better but agree the cloth is distracting

Hi Lee,
Age - I find the first one slightly lacking in contrast, albeit I like the waterfall, but on balance, #2 for me (but it's a close run thing)
Sharp - #1. I quite like the inclusion of the oof foreground and the subject itself is both sharp and sharp.

Age(ing) - a very good take on the theme and the first image for me. Composition works well and the little waterfall adds a bit of interest to the image, the B&W suits the image very well.

Sharp - I agree the first image for me as well, can see the sharpness much better, good detail in the image as well.

Last edited:
Thanks guys for the comments. I'll be back to the mill in the not too distant future to try out my "new" RZ67 and a bit of zone metering to see if I can get something I'm really happy with.

I thought about this idea too but couldn’t think of how to present it, I like the conversion to B+W, I get it as a pic not sure some will though it might be a bit obscure.

I do like a telecaster (y)

Thanks Allan. Yep, I was worried it might be too obscure but I do like the lines in isolation.
I love the Telecaster; as basic as it gets but a lot more flexible than people give it credit for. Lot of people think the "Stairway to Heaven" solo was a Les Paul but it was a battered old Tele that I seem to recall once belonged to Jeff Beck.
This one is a Tele Custom which has, much to the dismay of Tele purists, a humbucker neck pickup.

Thanks Allan. Yep, I was worried it might be too obscure but I do like the lines in isolation.
I love the Telecaster; as basic as it gets but a lot more flexible than people give it credit for. Lot of people think the "Stairway to Heaven" solo was a Les Paul but it was a battered old Tele that I seem to recall once belonged to Jeff Beck.
This one is a Tele Custom which has, much to the dismay of Tele purists, a humbucker neck pickup.

I noticed the humbucker I have an American ash tele with the the more traditional pickup configuration some colour as yours and same maple neck

I like the curves more in the last B&W image.

I would not have known that a there is such a thing as a pick guard, learn something new every day.

Pete

Very clever Lee. I'd never have worked out what it was and my lad has about a dozen guitars in his room, including Fenders.

I actually prefer the alternative - just like the curves a bit more

Thanks guys. I also prefer the alternative, just didn't know how it would turn out until I developed it.

Guard(ed) - I love the simplicity of the image, I was also thinking about doing something like that with my Gibson but wasn't sure how to execute my idea. I feel you have done well with it a big thumbs up from me.

Back