weekly LancsLee's 52s for 2018 - Another catch up - Week 11 - Wet

Name
Lee
Edit My Images
Yes
Never attempted this before, but need a kick up the rear end for motivation and this may do the trick.

Have you ever got up and walked to the door and then realised you have caught your foot up in a wire and then there is a crash. I did with a very expensive camera and lens as transfering the photos. Been there, done it, never again.:D Welcome to the 52's, you'll fit in very well.

Have you ever got up and walked to the door and then realised you have caught your foot up in a wire and then there is a crash. I did with a very expensive camera and lens as transfering the photos. Been there, done it, never again.:D Welcome to the 52's, you'll fit in very well.
This is the tidy corner of the room.

I particularly like the whisky bottles and the MF cameras:) but noto sure about the paste brush by the phone:D I shudder to think what sort of heat that lot puts out; who needs central heating. Welcome to 52s, you'll fit right in:cool:

I particularly like the whisky bottles and the MF cameras:) but noto sure about the paste brush by the phone:D I shudder to think what sort of heat that lot puts out; who needs central heating. Welcome to 52s, you'll fit right in:cool:

May look like a paste brush, and probably is, but I use it as a dust shifter! There are a couple of Hammond organs on the other side of the room that warm up their valves quite nicely, but being in the darkest north it's still brass monkeys in here hence the heater under the mixing desk.

Last edited:
Sells the theme Lee. I think the fact that the keyboards are b&w helps it work well in mono (and to be honest, in colour it may have come out looking a bit busy).
Plenty to look at in the shot. I like the old cameras, the Bowie poster, the wiring everywhere. It looks "in use".
(y)

Thanks Tim. Looks like the weather might be brightening up, so I can hopefully venture out without a pit pony for the next theme.

And I thought I had a lot of stuff, must show it to my other half :). Loads of detail, really good mono conversion and well lit, great start to the year.

Thanks Chris. Nearly broke my neck standing on the arm of a sofa in order to take it.

Nice "area" lacking in keyboards if you ask me but otherwise a good take on the theme

Welcome aboard, Lee, and good luck with your 52. It will be a challenge at times but will definitely make you think and try new things. Hopefully you'll have fun too :)

I like your first image, with a very personal take on the theme and lots of interesting items among the busy clutter of your personal place It suits B&W well, too (y)

Nice one Lee. What's with all the keyboards then - are you a musician or writer maybe?

Nice one Lee. What's with all the keyboards then - are you a musician or writer maybe?

That's only the quiet corner. There's another 10 keyboards and half a dozen guitars in there. I was a full time musician back in the day, and still play live gigs quite a bit. Also do a fair bit of sound design, sequencing and recording. Sadly my main source of income is much more boring and being home based the desk in the bottom right is my day job work area. So no distractions then :)

There's A lot going on in that picture I particularly like the old cameras. The black and white suits it I think it would have been too busy in colour

There's A lot going on in that picture I particularly like the old cameras. The black and white suits it I think it would have been too busy in colour

I agree - the colour version is too distracting.

First one is much better I like the overall bleakness of it, looks like a lovely place

Thanks Allan. It's a peach of a town and the inspiration for Royston Vasey, according to Steve Pemberton.

Interesting, I was wondering if a crop would be better while looking at this on the main thread. I see you had the same idea. Having seen the crop, I agree with Allan and your original choice, the larger scene has more impact.

Original for me too, have to say it looks pretty grim

Hi Lee, got to be the #1 as the old dirty look and graffiti just make the shot, nicely on theme too :)

Thanks guys. Here's a quote from Steve Pemberton about when they were looking for a location for League of Gentlemen:

"When we were scouting for places we wanted to find somewhere isolated and surrounded by bleak countryside, and to have a feeling about it that something wasn't quite right. Three friends recommended Darwen, but we never got that far - Bacup was the furthest we went into Lancashire. Bacup was our hot favourite, but it was too frightening - when we arrived there was this cartoon drunk with a bottle shaking his fist at us. Bacup in real life was worse than Royston Vasey."

Well seen, well captured, I'm with the others, the first gives it context

Back