Landscape Photography Magazine

Name
Scott
Edit My Images
Yes
..... have just emailed me to say they have chosen one of my Long Exposures for their Inspiring Long Exposure Images on their website :D

Im over the moon as this was probably my first ever long exposure, guess i went down hill from then :LOL:

The link for the Inspiring Long Exposure section can be found HERE if your interested

This is the image they chose ... Pulpit Rock at Portland Bill

dorset-5 by surfinscottie, on Flickr

Well done Scott. Congratulations. Fantastic image.

Good link to the Landscape Photography magazine as well. Looks like a very good site.

the Gamage does some Damage :clap:

Great shot Scottie.. you're really getting to grips with these landscapey type thingys now aren't you :D

Well done that man.

Nice one! I can understand why you're chuffed, and why they picked it!

By the look of the web link you certainly had some competion on your hands. Great that you came through, well deserved.(y)

Yeay, Congratulations!

Well done Scott, that is an amazing picture, I can see what that was selected, even better as it was one of your first. I'm just starting out, may I ask what ND filter you had used to get the colour and exposure right? Mine just come out really dark. I use a B&W 10 stop.

Cheers and well done again.

Really nice photo and many congrats for getting it published.

As for the link to the magazine, I did visit it and saw the rest of the shots. Your shot is certainly up there with the rest with the exception of Nick Walton's shot; well that's on another level altogether. (Oh and he's not a "relly" of mine either :nono:)

Well done Scott. Congratulations. Fantastic image.

Good link to the Landscape Photography magazine as well. Looks like a very good site.

Thanks Mark (y) Ive only recently been getting the Landscape mag and the website contains some very inspiring images as well as great tips and tutorials

I can understand why they chose it, some cracking colours in there.(y) Well done you.

Thanks Andy (y)

the Gamage does some Damage :clap:

Great shot Scottie.. you're really getting to grips with these landscapey type thingys now aren't you :D

PMSL I just love your comments Leigh :LOL: Cheers fella, but not sure about getting to grips with the landscapey stuff (y)

Top work - Well done

Thanks Mark (y)

CRACKING image !!

Planning a trip there this year myself, and seeing this has made me more determined
Thanks for sharing

Thanks Pete (y) Only been there once for the weekend. Weather wasn't great, but what a fantastic area for photography. Will defiantly been returning as there are so many places i want to visit down that way

Well done that man.

Thanks Steve (y)

Nice one! I can understand why you're chuffed, and why they picked it!

Thanks James. To be honest, some of the others in the collection are breath taking and very inspiring, but thank you for the kind comment (y)

By the look of the web link you certainly had some competion on your hands. Great that you came through, well deserved.(y)

Thanks Tony (y)

Yeay, Congratulations!

Cheers Ruthy (y)

Well done Scott, that is an amazing picture, I can see what that was selected, even better as it was one of your first. I'm just starting out, may I ask what ND filter you had used to get the colour and exposure right? Mine just come out really dark. I use a B&W 10 stop.

Cheers and well done again.

Thanks Mani (y) I also used a B&W 10 stop, but now got the Lee Big Stopper. To get back the colour i always shoot in Raw and then adjust the white balance in PP. If yours are coming out too dark, then you are underexposing. I normally get a reading without the filter on, then count 11 stops below. For me this usually works out fine. Basically its trial and error. Have fun with your filter, i know i do (y)

Really nice photo and many congrats for getting it published.

As for the link to the magazine, I did visit it and saw the rest of the shots. Your shot is certainly up there with the rest with the exception of Nick Walton's shot; well that's on another level altogether. (Oh and he's not a "relly" of mine either :nono:)

Thanks Richard (y) Was looking at Nick Walton's work the other week. He has some outstanding work and really knows how to edit. I love his mono stuff, very envious :razz:

Happy days that's great

Cheers Kevin (y)

Thanks once again all for you kind comments :clap:

Well done great pic

Excellent work - what were they classing as long exposure?

You can definitely hold your own against the others - though as mentioned the Nick Walton shot is brilliant and I also like David Cidre. They way they convey speed and movement is what makes them stand out.

Well done great pic

Thanks Jim (y)

Excellent work - what were they classing as long exposure?

You can definitely hold your own against the others - though as mentioned the Nick Walton shot is brilliant and I also like David Cidre. They way they convey speed and movement is what makes them stand out.

I have no idea what they class as a long exposure, but I'm guessing at anything that can't be taken hand held? Who knows?

Thanks for the comment (y)

Scottie68 said:
Thanks Steve (y)

Thanks James. To be honest, some of the others in the collection are breath taking and very inspiring, but thank you for the kind comment (y)

Thanks Tony (y)

Cheers Ruthy (y)

Thanks Mani (y) I also used a B&W 10 stop, but now got the Lee Big Stopper. To get back the colour i always shoot in Raw and then adjust the white balance in PP. If yours are coming out too dark, then you are underexposing. I normally get a reading without the filter on, then count 11 stops below. For me this usually works out fine. Basically its trial and error. Have fun with your filter, i know i do (y)

Thanks Richard (y) Was looking at Nick Walton's work the other week. He has some outstanding work and really knows how to edit. I love his mono stuff, very envious :razz:

Cheers Kevin (y)

Thanks once again all for you kind comments :clap:

Thanks Scott

This is an absolutely fantastic and inspiring shot. I have just received a HiTech 10 stop filter and I look forward to using it a lot!

Well done Scott, I see that the competition was hot but I reckon they got the right one.

Congrats.

I like that very much, I know why they chose it as well - well done!

Back