Critique required LC2's 52 Shoe Horns for 2024: Week 17 - Structure

LC2

Negan
Name
Tim
Edit My Images
Yes
Week 1 - Close to Home (Tech - Straight Out Of Camera)

Shot within 10 miles of home, so that's close enough in my view :)
XT3 and 35mm f/2 using the standard Provia Simulation straight to jpg (I had to find that setting).
The lit window enabled a high key style shot very in keeping with the fashion shoot we were doing.

Natalia: Pierre Garroudi Fashionmob by Tim White, on Flickr

Nicely taken especially for meeting the tech, I’m too tempted to tweak the pictures. Yours has been really well.

Good one with lots of pop, only crit I can offer is just missed the very top of the hat thingy

Lovely photo Tim :)

Being nit-piccy, if this is a fashion shoot should the clothes be in focus front to back?

Very nice indeed. Looks so sharp against the background.
Cheers
Nicely taken especially for meeting the tech, I’m too tempted to tweak the pictures. Yours has been really well.
I usually shoot raw only and yes, more or less everything normally gets a tweak in some way or another. I was purposely shooting for the tech (probably the only one I'll do this year ;) )
Good one with lots of pop, only crit I can offer is just missed the very top of the hat thingy
Seen that hat enough times ;)
Lovely photo Tim :)
ta
Being nit-piccy, if this is a fashion shoot should the clothes be in focus front to back?
In a studio we'd have enough light to shoot closed down, but on a cloudy Knightsbridge street in Jan, shooting wide open helps to keep the ISO low.
That said, I feel it is acceptably sharp. We had only just convinced Natalia to put her coat back on - she was freezing by this point - the coat wasn't the outfit she was modeling, but it worked really well with the lights there.
I do get what you're saying though :)
Looks like a great image to me.
:)

Last edited:
I think I'd have probably had the subject a little off centre to the (camera) right, but what I know about fashion photography could go on a postage stamp. Great, bright and lively start. Good stuff!

Very nicely done SOOC.
:)
I think I'd have probably had the subject a little off centre to the (camera) right, but what I know about fashion photography could go on a postage stamp. Great, bright and lively start. Good stuff!
I agree, placing Natalia a little Camera Right would have been better, and if I were cropping then that's where she would probably have ended up, but for some mad reason I've actually attempted the technique (which I normally never do), so that's where she was when I clicked the shutter.
I would almost certainly have cropped in from bottom right to lose the window sill.

I would almost certainly have cropped in from bottom right to lose the window sill.
Oh shoot. I missed the SOOC thing which you put in both the title and the body... No wince emote, sorry :)

Wheely nice that Tim :)

Massive crop and yet still really clear. Very nice.
For those interested in how much of a crop, this was the original shot (at 55mm on my 55-200)
I was interested in getting the wheels. I could have zoomed in far more, but that made it more difficult to pan with the planes which weren't all that far above my head at the time.
Crop.jpg

Yep - that does it nicely :)

I ike that a lot Tim. The more soft colours come through really well on Flickr.

Nice abstract, works nicely for me. It sounds like an interesting event too.

Yep - that does it nicely :)

Very abstract and simple with that mystery feel too.

Interesting, I'd assumed it to be soft focus !

I really like this shot. Wonderfully abstract.

I ike that a lot Tim. The more soft colours come through really well on Flickr.

Its a really nice picture that suits the theme, is it also a bokeh effect?
Indeed
Nice abstract, works nicely for me. It sounds like an interesting event too.

Yes Helen, it was an interesting (if cold) event. There is another one this month at Battersea Power Station.

Thanks everyone. :)

Back