weekly Leebert's 2015 52 - Week 52 - Christmas.

Something dying means that something else can be Living.
E.L.P., a line from The great gates of Kiev "Death is life"
I think you nailed that rather well Lee (y)

Organised - A fair selection of kit there Lee, nicely organised. Nicely presented (are they going up in the classified section later? ;) )
Living - Nicely on subject and nice sharp focus on the fungus. It would be nice to see more variation in the colours, but you can only do your best with what's available.
:clap:
Thanks Tim. Sadly, I wouldn't survive them being posted in the classifieds section as some bits belong to the other half :eek: :D

Nature is so wonderful - amazing how the fungus thrives off the rotting tree trunk, helping to split the bark apart to help the rotting process. Nicely done Lee especially with that perspective which compliments the directional lines formed by the fungi.:clap:
Thanks Carl.

Like the fungus living on the dead tree, well captured
Thank you Chris.

Agree, kit nicely pic nicely done, on theme and real good with the iso !!!

Living - really liking this, the detail is real nice when viewed big on flickr, the wobbly lines look very defined - like the PoV too (y)
Thanks Dean.

Hi, D750 has amazing high ISO performance. Organised is on theme, I'd have gone for a different composition rather than the 'product shot' arrangement. None the less.

Living, a superb connection there :clap: again, and I suspect it's just me, but I'd have gone in closer, maybe loosing some of the tree :thinking:

Cheers.
Thank you Andy. I am loving the D750 but it has a habit of showing up my photography flaws. I need to seriously up my game!
I wasn't going for a product shot with organised but it does look like it. If the theme was disorganised, I could have simply took a shot of my kit bag :D
I took a few shots of the tree including a closer one. I'll have a look at it.

E.L.P., a line from The great gates of Kiev "Death is life"
I think you nailed that rather well Lee (y)
Thanks Chris.

Nice idea for organised, I like it. Living, nice light, fungi not always easy. Would have got a bit closer myself.
Thank you Michael. I'll have a look at a closer composition / crop.

Hi, I too would have got a little closer, but maybe that would have ruined the context in some way, I do find fungus fascinating though

Hi, I too would have got a little closer, but maybe that would have ruined the context in some way, I do find fungus fascinating though
I did experiment with getting in closer by cropping and it didn't work for me - something was missing. I'll just have to go back and take some other compositions.

Hi Lee ....perfect choice for Organise, they all look very cared for.
Love the fungi for Living ...it looks brilliant on Flickr, wonderful detail and I really like the composition.
Thank you Susie (y)

My final entry for the 2015 TP 52 project. Christmas...

As far back as I can remember, the switching on of the Cedar Tree lights has signified the start of the festive activities in Caterham. The tree itself is getting on for 275 years old I believe. The parish Council supply the lights and Buxton building contractors (the building on the left) supply the power.

It just remains for me to say I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a happy, healthy and prosperous photo filled New Year :)

Cedar Tree lights under a full Moon by Lee Francis, on Flickr

Beautifully done Lee. Lots to see with the building nicely lit, the tree lights as well as the light trails - colourful too. Happy Christmas and all good wishes to you. :beer:

Very nice Lee, I hope you had a good one (y)

Beautifully done Lee. Lots to see with the building nicely lit, the tree lights as well as the light trails - colourful too. Happy Christmas and all good wishes to you. :beer:

Very nice Lee, I hope you had a good one (y)

Wow that is a tree and a half Lee, Nice sunburst from the moon too, nice festive shot... hope you and your loved ones had a good Christmas Day !!!

Thank you (y)
A wonderful day was had with the family. Another one is being had today too. I hope you are all having a great time too :)

Excellent long exposure there for the cedar tree shot. Branches, leaves and lights nicely sharp even though it was a 5 second exposure, there could so easily have been some movement blur.
#2 is the classic bauble shot and very effectively done too :)

Hi, that tree is amazing looks huge and of course christmassy

Have a good christmas (y)

Hi Lee

Great idea for organised (apart from it being Nikon gear ;))but then the makers of my camera also make Playstations :p

Living is another good interpretation and I like the idea that the fungi are living off the dead tree (y)

Christmas, Merry Christmas to you and yours Lee. Well done for getting out in the cold for the first one but I prefer the picture of the bauble of the two.

Will we have the pleasure of your company next year too? I hope so, I've enjoyed following your thread this year.

Excellent long exposure there for the cedar tree shot. Branches, leaves and lights nicely sharp even though it was a 5 second exposure, there could so easily have been some movement blur.
#2 is the classic bauble shot and very effectively done too :)
Thanks very much. The tree took a surprising number of attempts - All the time I was sorting out the composure the roads and pavements were very quiet. Quiet until I wanted to press the shutter of course! Loads of people and cars must have been waiting in the side roads ready to jump out :rolleyes:

Hi, that tree is amazing looks huge and of course christmassy

Have a good christmas (y)
Thanks Allan. I hope you all had a great Christmas too :)

Hi Lee

Great idea for organised (apart from it being Nikon gear ;))but then the makers of my camera also make Playstations :p

Living is another good interpretation and I like the idea that the fungi are living off the dead tree (y)

Christmas, Merry Christmas to you and yours Lee. Well done for getting out in the cold for the first one but I prefer the picture of the bauble of the two.

Will we have the pleasure of your company next year too? I hope so, I've enjoyed following your thread this year.
Thank you Mad Madam Mim :D
I hope you and yours had a great Christmas too.
I'm in it again for next year and hope you are too. Oh, did I mention, :nikon: :eek: :D

A brilliant shot Lee - very artful and definitely Christmassy. Hope you had a good one and ready to shake off those cobwebs now for TP52 2016.

Last edited:
The Cedar tree shot is a Christmas cracker Lee. Bravo!

Congrats on completing the '52 and all the best for the new year. :)

... more congrats on finishing the 52s Lee (y)

The cedar tree is excellent ... complete with moon, starburst lamps and long exposure light trails. (y)

Back