Lets see your best... reflections!

This was in Milford Sound, I was pleased to capture the impressionist sub surface, possibly I should have waited for the/a bird's best profile, I can't work out any post process that might improve it, or even if it needs it (this is out the camera). Any thoughts?

P2150868.JPG

This was in Milford Sound, I was pleased to capture the impressionist sub surface, possibly I should have waited for the/a bird's best profile, I can't work out any post process that might improve it, or even if it needs it (this is out the camera). Any thoughts?

I like the almost-complementary colours, and the fact that you didn't settle for having nothing but the subject and its reflection, as so many other shots do. It's a shame you didn't get the bird's head side-on, but them's the breaks. If your camera is quiet enough, I suppose you could have gone for burst shots. But as for processing, it looks fine the way it is.

Reactions: Ham
Yes, I do have some other shots from there, some where the (or other) birds are better, but this one captures the impressionist feel better than any other. This is all part of me revisiting images I've neglected (ie, everything I've taken over the last few years) and it's quite fun. Also, just for the lolz, here's one from the Mirror Lakes (on the way to the Milford Sound). Unfortunately, the light was crap while I was there so none of my images fulfil the potential

HAM50303.jpg

Liking each of the above. For me, No3 pips it, with the clouds in perfect reflected position on the mountain apex, and the boulder adding compositional balance. The lighting appears maybe +0.5 ev and that also lifts the reflected vision.

River Clyst on a still day...

Reflection in River Clyst under bypass bridge GM5 _1050726.JPG

Back