weekly Manc Man 52/2012 -WEEK 15 - Departed

Not sure about the second one though, certainly nearly put the fear of god into me LOL

cheeky

You sure come up with some great idea's... like your first 'Sigh' take best - Nice and Curly :D

Keep them coming (y)

will try my best

You don't hang about :p good take on sigh, spot on (y)

thank you

Blimey that was fast! I prefer your first shot, not sure if the second one he's about to sigh or pucker up!

honest its a sigh, if you want pucker all you have to do is PM me. lol

to be honest i think that is the first photo i have had taken of myself, apart from ID cards since i got married. Think i might leave another 14 years before i do another on of myself lol

Last edited:
Hi Darren, quick work indeed from you again this week..

Like the thinking on the first Sigh shot although I think the white balance needs a bit of a tweek, seems very blue on my screen. Unless of course if was a depressing kind of sigh..

Like the idea behind version 2, I suspect as the week drags on we will see several self portraits so well done for getting in first, think I might of seen that face on crime watch!!

I would be tempted to have another go at it though as there is no obvious focus point, think I would also sit by a lit window and try for a moody B&W version.

Good ideas behind the thinking again...:)

Hi Darren, quick work indeed from you again this week..

Like the thinking on the first Sigh shot although I think the white balance needs a bit of a tweek, seems very blue on my screen. Unless of course if was a depressing kind of sigh..

Like the idea behind version 2, I suspect as the week drags on we will see several self portraits so well done for getting in first, think I might of seen that face on crime watch!!

I would be tempted to have another go at it though as there is no obvious focus point, think I would also sit by a lit window and try for a moody B&W version.

Good ideas behind the thinking again...:)

just noticed today that my WB was set to tungsten, i also used a LED torch..... i was boomed before i started.:thumbsdown:

the self portrait was just for fun. as since being married for 14 years that the first photo we have taken of me.:nuts:

Hi Darren

Sigh - Good thinking about the album title although I'm struggling with the light balance.

Sweet - Blimey that was quick. Maybe too quick? I'd have liked to have seen a bit more lighting but that might be a personal thing or my screen.

Delta Skies said:
Hi Darren

Sigh - Good thinking about the album title although I'm struggling with the light balance.

Sweet - Blimey that was quick. Maybe too quick? I'd have liked to have seen a bit more lighting but that might be a personal thing or my screen.

Yeh there was a problem with sigh, camera WB was set to tungsten.

Sweet, looks ok on my screen, but then again it could be my screen.

Hi Daren,

Week 4 'Sweet' - I like the tones of #1 but not so keen on #3 as it looks a little over-produced for me. I also photographed some sweets but took a slighty different take on the them. I wonder what the combined calorie intake of the TPers will be by the end of the week !

Nick

Hi, Darren, totally understand sigh #1...I can't go the the gym without my iTouch. White balance.....:eek:

#2, I've done a few self portraits and appreciate how hard the focus is. I does look like a bit of a snap shot..more emotion would help, especially a big sigh in the mouth area. A bit like this linky :D

Sweets, nowt wrong with a literal interpretation, but it does look a bit rushed. Especiallty #2. The processed #2 is quite funky.

Cheers and we both have plenty of time for reshoots (y)

Ooo I'm going to like this week!

I prefer the number one with the black back ground, the second one the colour on the sweets looks a little washed out in places.

I like the photo of the tart, the central position works well. Although someone ruined a perfectly unhealthy chocolatey delight by putting fruit on top ;-)

The goblin said:
Ooo I'm going to like this week!

I prefer the number one with the black back ground, the second one the colour on the sweets looks a little washed out in places.

I like the photo of the tart, the central position works well. Although someone ruined a perfectly unhealthy chocolatey delight by putting fruit on top ;-)

I got a least 1 of my 5 a day, all thanks to the fruit

I love the 1st one you posted - I might have to avoid these week 4 threads, I'm trying not to eat sweets!!!

Great pictures mate, I prefer the last one in the 'sweets' theme. The direction shots are my favourite upto now, the plug hole effect has inspired me to try something.

Matt

Darren,

For Sweet, I like the cake shot the best, though I would personally have gone really close. Not sure what equipment you're using, though -- it might not allow for this type of close-ups.

Nathalie said:
Darren,

For Sweet, I like the cake shot the best, though I would personally have gone really close. Not sure what equipment you're using, though -- it might not allow for this type of close-ups.

I could try to do a re shot, but it looked that nice I opted to stuff it in to my face, glad you liked it, It tasted even better.

Bang on theme, some good shots and ideas. In the first set of sweet shots, no.1 is my pick, not so keen on the other 2, but that just my preference nothing wrong with the shots. On the 2nd set, without doubt the cake is my fave. Well lit, colour spot on, and it looks absolutely lush hehehehe. Is there any left ;)

snorton said:
Bang on theme, some good shots and ideas. In the first set of sweet shots, no.1 is my pick, not so keen on the other 2, but that just my preference nothing wrong with the shots. On the 2nd set, without doubt the cake is my fave. Well lit, colour spot on, and it looks absolutely lush hehehehe. Is there any left ;)

Only crumbs. Sorry

Hi Darren,

It's the first shot for me, I like the darker version, it makes me think of that there is a darker side to sweets!

Carol

Another vote for the darker versions, loving the array of sweet things you are having on show here ;)

Back