weekly Manc Man 52/2012 -WEEK 15 - Departed

Hi MM.....

1st Root image...on theme , caught the icicles well & like the motion of the waterfall (y) High viz can't be helped but could maybe toned down in pp ? Also , might be my eye's but looks a bit squiff...maybe rotate to the right a smidgen ? Little on the dark side as well ..for me anyway ....Hope you don't mind but as you have edit ticked I've given it a bash...not something I normally do & will obviously take it down if you'd prefer :
Edit_-_not_mine_a.jpg

2nd Image..may not have been posted for the theme but it's a cracker :clap:

Last edited:
blondie606 said:
Hi MM.....

1st Root image...on theme , caught the icicles well & like the motion of the waterfall (y) High viz can't be helped but could maybe toned down in pp ? Also , might be my eye's but looks a bit squiff...maybe rotate to the right a smidgen ? Little on the dark side as well ..for me anyway ....Hope you don't mind but as you have edit ticked I've given it a bash...not something I normally do & will obviously take it down if you'd prefer :

Cheers Blondie I like the edit, its not something I do. As a rule I try to post direct from camera with maybe a crop of two.

Hi MM.....

Edit_-_not_mine_a.jpg

had a try myself with edit

Last edited:
Tough theme this week I think, I like the icy bits hanging it this shot and the tunnel shot is excellent. ;)

Hi, Darren, interesting take and a SC first for root...(y)

I'd like to see just one of the veg in selective colour. Few bits on the BG that could be cloned out.

For me, though it's a little wide. I cropped in about inch and half and even though I cropped the edges of the veg, I preferred it.

Cheers.

Hi, Darren, interesting take and a SC first for root...(y)

I'd like to see just one of the veg in selective colour. Few bits on the BG that could be cloned out.

For me, though it's a little wide. I cropped in about inch and half and even though I cropped the edges of the veg, I preferred it.

Cheers.

Advice taken, must admit i like it with only one colour, cant make my mind up on the crops (no pun intended)

I prefer the veg shots, specifically the third one, as I'm not keen on the selective colour of the radish (if they are radish :shrug:)

I wonder if the third one needs to be 'cropped' tighter as the carrot isnt cropped but the parsnip is. It may balance it out a bit more?

I prefer the veg shots, specifically the third one, as I'm not keen on the selective colour of the radish (if they are radish :shrug:)

I wonder if the third one needs to be 'cropped' tighter as the carrot isnt cropped but the parsnip is. It may balance it out a bit more?

Cheers Ben, number 1 and 2 for me in the veg.
i like selective colour, and only found out how to do it yesterday using PSE 10, no stopping me now with SC..

Hi mate,

I think I prefer the first of your root shots, the edited version. Lol.

Nice one

Matt

I work for a company that does culvert inspection for Environment Agency, we have to either walk through the culvert or send a camera down it.
due to this location being remote we had to walk through.
The high vis is safety equipment and dry suits.

Great Pic
There is some of these near Phillips Park (Big place I know) and was wondering what they are used for, if you know?

Hi Darren,

Two great ideas for this week's theme, my fav has to be the water shot, I like the edited version, the icicles stand out alot more. Like this one alot actually. Well done

Carol

Not quite what I expected for the theme :D
I think they work but will be interested to see the B&W versions.

Definitely made by hands so you can't argue that fact :D quick thinking Darren ;)

good interpretation, but I'd like to see the shadows in black tbh :clap:

Back