weekly Mandy's 2016 52 challenge week 8 Topical week 9 Living world week 10 Spiky added

For Miniature great shot and a great bike I have been on the back of one Never Again loll, and for the welsh dragon very nice and certainly very happy.(y)

Your take on miniature is pretty spot on, well lit and composed,and the dof really enhances the image.

The smile on the dragon says it all, happy :)

Hi
great photo for miniature
very 'happy' looking dragon, nice and clear except for bottom half.

Nice off-centre composition and clear clean bg. Excellent choice for theme.

Hi Mandy, I seem to have missed Miniature despite trying to keep up, it's a super eye catching shot, very nicely done. Thats a unique choice for Happy ..... fits the theme perfectly.

For Miniature great shot and a great bike I have been on the back of one Never Again loll, and for the welsh dragon very nice and certainly very happy.(y)

Your take on miniature is pretty spot on, well lit and composed,and the dof really enhances the image.

The smile on the dragon says it all, happy :)

Thanks every one for taking the time to look and comment.

Hi Mandy

Miniature: nicely controlled lighting and clean background. For me maybe some more DOF would be nicer

Happy: nice and sharp and a winner if it reminds you of Good times each time you view. Done a good job on the lighting again too.

Agree with a Paul's earlier comments regarding massive improvements you've made. Well done ☺

That is a happy looking Welsh dragon. Great lighting, but I agree with Emma that the front part looks a bit soft.

Hi Mandy.
I see you're off to flyer with your pics.
I'm liking your miniature a lot :)

Like Viv I'm liking your miniature a lot. The dead space to the right works really well.. Pin sharp. Good job

Well where are the weeks going? we are now at week 5 and I am a little under the weather :puke: cough, cold, constant sneezing and a sore throat. None the less I forced my self to venture out into the cold ( wrapped up warm ) to seek out my image for the theme " abandoned " . There was only one thing I had in mind for the theme, and that was to take a snap of the " abandoned " Roman ruins that can be seen in the Abbey Grounds in Cirencester. As with being ill and these shocking weather conditions it has been unsafe to take the motorbike out and find something else. I will also include a snap shot of the plaque outlining a bit of history behind the ruins, which will be best viewed on Flickr.

Week 5 Abandoned

abandoned
by Mandy Miles, on Flickr
https://flic.kr/p/Dw5mcu

roman ruins by Mandy Miles, on Flickr

Last edited:
Well, they don't come much more abandoned that that!
Nice on Mandy.
I see there are houses around it. What a nice thing to have on the doorstep :)

Nice shot Mandy, it's amazing how this stuff has lasted so long abandoned until the past century or two.
Would it have been possible to have got down lower to lose the roofs of the houses across the way?

It might be one I will I will do a reshoot for, when I am feeling better and the grounds are not so flooded.

Yes I think that place has been abandoned. :D

Tim @LC2 makes a good point about loosing the rooftops, a thing that didn't occur to me, my eyes were drawn to them thinking that looks like the Cirencester I know.

That certainly looks abandoned to me Mandy (y)

I am a little under the weather
Just be thankful its not man flu like mine :(
Hope you feel better soon :)

Yes I think that place has been abandoned. :D

Tim @LC2 makes a good point about loosing the rooftops, a thing that didn't occur to me, my eyes were drawn to them thinking that looks like the Cirencester I know.

That certainly looks abandoned to me Mandy (y)

Just be thankful its not man flu like mine :(
Hope you feel better soon :)

Thanks chaps for dropping by

Hello Mandy, well Abandoned is the correct meaning for those ruins. Nicely balanced shot. Hope you feel better soon.

Hi Mandy hope your feeling better soon.

I like you image for abandoned I don't blame you for not lying on the floor

That was an interesting read to go alongside your Abandoned shot Mandy. Well themed. Hope you are feeling better now and ready and raring to go for this week's theme.

Hello Mandy, well Abandoned is the correct meaning for those ruins. Nicely balanced shot. Hope you feel better soon.

Hi Mandy hope your feeling better soon.

I like you image for abandoned I don't blame you for not lying on the floor

That was an interesting read to go alongside your Abandoned shot Mandy. Well themed. Hope you are feeling better now and ready and raring to go for this week's theme.

Thanks for taking the time to look.

Hi Mandy :)

Miniature - Nice choice, and I like the way you have stood the model, good lighting and a nice background too :)

Happy - Although not the most exciting subject, I must say your set-ups, lighting and backgrounds have come on leaps and bounds since last year, I recall when you would just take a photo of this type of object just plonked on your sofa... this is Soooooooooo much up there where it should be with light, composition and background :)

Hi Mandy, Abandoned is perfectly on theme. Lovely bright grass and a well shot image from an interesting POV. Getting a lot higher probably would have weakened the shot, so well chosen. I guess you could have tried to throw the background OOF a bit, but I like it as it is. Looking forward to a bit of danger now!

Miniature: Lovely miniature motorbike! I like the dof you've chosen and the light looks perfect. :)

Happy: Nice choice for the theme! Cute and happy dragon. I would probably like to see the words to be in focus too.

Abandoned: What a gorgeous panoramic shot. I think the shocking weather conditions helped with your abandoned theme. Good of you to get out there despite being ill. Hope you're all better now!

Hi Mandy :)

Miniature - Nice choice, and I like the way you have stood the model, good lighting and a nice background too :)

Happy - Although not the most exciting subject, I must say your set-ups, lighting and backgrounds have come on leaps and bounds since last year, I recall when you would just take a photo of this type of object just plonked on your sofa... this is Soooooooooo much up there where it should be with light, composition and background :)

Hi Mandy, Abandoned is perfectly on theme. Lovely bright grass and a well shot image from an interesting POV. Getting a lot higher probably would have weakened the shot, so well chosen. I guess you could have tried to throw the background OOF a bit, but I like it as it is. Looking forward to a bit of danger now!

Miniature: Lovely miniature motorbike! I like the dof you've chosen and the light looks perfect. :)

Happy: Nice choice for the theme! Cute and happy dragon. I would probably like to see the words to be in focus too.

Abandoned: What a gorgeous panoramic shot. I think the shocking weather conditions helped with your abandoned theme. Good of you to get out there despite being ill. Hope you're all better now!

Thanks for dropping by

Hi Mandy, Very nicely composed 'abandoned' shot and certainly on theme. Hope you are feeling better now.
Liz

Camouflage this is a PABD image, I struggled for time to go out and get something exciting for the image. Here is the SOOC image, which may help you to work out what it is I have snapped.

Week 6 Camouflage

Camouflage

Moving onto the theme "Danger" I did have a few ideas for this theme, however the weather was against me. I was also still unwell with Bronchitis ( all better now :banana::banana: ) I even managed to get my Bathroom all Painted and new flooring down. while I was still ill, so I think that helped shift my bug. Anyway enough of me babbling, I have gone for a simple take on the theme and chosen to take a photo, of my incredibly sharp surgeons knife. Which in my eyes if your not careful with it, it can be a very " Dangerous" item to use.

Week 7 danger(ous)

Danger

Hi Mandy. Glad you're better - so many suffered and quite badly too. Anyway, ....
Camouflage: Quite a nice abstract - like the stitching tracks. I'm assuming it's your combats.
Dangerous: Yikes! that looks a very sharp instrument, photographically sharp too. Looks good on the angle. What's the significance of that line across the blade - a depth gauge of some sort?

Back