weekly Marks' TP52 2018 Will He Actually Complete It??? Weeks 18 - 20 Added

Hi Mark

Gate 1 ... a good slant on the theme. But not a great shot tbh ... a bit blurry and tinted.

People ... The B&W shot works well, maybe not because it's B&W but just something to do with the pov and spread of people.

Thanks David

Gate(d) - I think if the focus was a bit better I would much prefer the first image, your archive shot is much sharper both fit the theme.

People - the mono is the image that stands out the best to me, I feel in the other images the focus on the people could of been a bit better.

Stark - I think this is fantastic really like detail in the pine cones and enough shadowing to keep them grounded, very good work.

Last edited:
Good photo and well processed for the theme, retains good details and nice shadow underneath

Gate(d) - I think if the focus was a bit better I would much prefer the first image, your archive shot is much sharper both fit the theme.

People - the mono is the image that stands out the best to me, I feel in the other images the focus on the people could of been a bit better.

Stark - I think this is fantastic really like detail in the pine cones and enough shadowing to keep them grounded, very good work.

Thank you Mandy

The more I look at my chosen shot for Gate the more disapointed I become maybe one ofr a reshoot

Wow now that is a stark contrast, the magical 3 elements, spot on shadows and loads of detail... splendid set-up and execution Mark (y)

Thanks Dean I was trying out a new lighting kit I brought with one of the club member realy quite impressed with it. I did consider putting a mirror under the cones but I wasn't convinced.

^^^^what he said.... cracking Hi contrast shot Mark....

Cheers Mark

Well I got to agree whats been said Mark. That is a cracking shot for stark, love the reflections to keep it grounded looking and good tones too (y)(y)(y)

Thanks Dave

Good photo and well processed for the theme, retains good details and nice shadow underneath

Cheers Dave I must admit I was worried when I converted it to B&W it may lose some of the details

What they said, a nice shot well composed my kind of thing

Thanks Allan

Stark is well composed, very sharp and right on theme!

Cheers Bernd

Your Stark shot works really well for me Sir, great idea and the PP presentation really adds the shot to the theme.(y)

George.

Nicely done Mark. (y) .... these dried out old pine cone do have a starkness about them.

Thanks Dean I was trying out a new lighting kit I brought with one of the club member realy quite impressed with it. I did consider putting a mirror under the cones but I wasn't convinced.

You did a grand job for first play about with it, good results !!

Your Stark shot works really well for me Sir, great idea and the PP presentation really adds the shot to the theme.(y)

George.

Nicely done Mark. (y) .... these dried out old pine cone do have a starkness about them.

Nicely composed. Good use of the white background and the shadows.
Works for me.

Agree with all the above Mark ...really well presented for the theme, well done for not making them floaty, shadows are just right.

Thank you for your kind comments.

I'm actually considering doing this a s print for the clubs next round of the print league as the subject is simplicity:thinking:

Good take on the theme and I really like the processing, I'm sure you don't need reminding about the LH edge.

I won’t mention the unmentionable maybe just crop it does it need the inclusion of the hand, also I think the processing is a little overdone for my taste

need to remove the edge of the background. but good take on theme. Is that a chocolate teapot, it seems to be melting.

Like this. Clever take on the theme

Over - I like that, the colours work well and its well captured.

Good take on the theme and I really like the processing, I'm sure you don't need reminding about the LH edge.

I won’t mention the unmentionable maybe just crop it does it need the inclusion of the hand, also I think the processing is a little overdone for my taste

need to remove the edge of the background. but good take on theme. Is that a chocolate teapot, it seems to be melting.

Thanks for the comments Guys and Girls the left hand side bugs me but I didn't want to lose the hand or part of the tea pot as I though it may look strange. I'll have a look at it later on.

Not a chocolate tea pot although it dos look like it's melting it actually part of a dinner service that belonged to my grandparents that's probably the first time its been used in more the 20 years!

Mark, I really like this (y) ... the idea, strong tea colour, slightly OTT processing, but of course there's a little problem bottom left. Your edit is a quick fix, would be nice to see more hand.

Great idea; I prefer the uncropped version, maybe try cloning instead of cropping? The processing is a tad overdone for my tastes perhaps, but I really like it nonetheless.

Really like this one, and the processing suits the image. Not sure which one I prefer but probably the first If you could keep the hand and clone in the missing bit on the LHS.

I think it works really well with the edit Mark.
I *think* there is a slight back where the table ends, but to be honest, with the processing it's not noticeable.
I like the processing, it's the same kind of vintage effect that I used on mine in some way.

I really like overflowing and the processing really suits it, id probably say its one of my favourite pictures in this years 52 so far (y)

Clear idea and very nicely processed! I prefer the uncropped version.

Good idea, well executed, and edit nails it....

Thanks Mark

Cool shot. Nice colours work well. Great idea for the theme. Prefer the cropped version myself.

Thanks Ross

Mark, I really like this (y) ... the idea, strong tea colour, slightly OTT processing, but of course there's a little problem bottom left. Your edit is a quick fix, would be nice to see more hand.

Thanks David I plan to revisit this idea as someone said I should use in the club competitions.

Great idea; I prefer the uncropped version, maybe try cloning instead of cropping? The processing is a tad overdone for my tastes perhaps, but I really like it nonetheless.

Thanks Jon

Really like this one, and the processing suits the image. Not sure which one I prefer but probably the first If you could keep the hand and clone in the missing bit on the LHS.

Thanks Lee I plan to have another go at this and try and get it so the edges aren't as messy probably using a winder backdrop.

I think it works really well with the edit Mark.
I *think* there is a slight back where the table ends, but to be honest, with the processing it's not noticeable.
I like the processing, it's the same kind of vintage effect that I used on mine in some way.

Thanks Tim I used one the Nik filters to do the processing (I know cheating ;)) I will try and post the unedited image later on.

liking the pp choice,crop version has the edge, just.

I really like overflowing and the processing really suits it, id probably say its one of my favourite pictures in this years 52 so far (y)

Thank you that's a huge compliment with the standards of this years 52 entries

Over - great take on the theme and your closer crop just nails the image, brings you closer to the tea overflowing in the cuppa nicely executed.

Thanks Mandy appreciate your comments

Clear idea and very nicely processed! I prefer the uncropped version.

Cheers Bernd

The crop shot for over, a very nice take and well on theme.

Thanks Dave

Aside from the background edge this is a lovely shot - processing & concept is great.

Back