weekly Marks' TP52 2018 Will He Actually Complete It??? Weeks 18 - 20 Added

Name
Mark Gameson
Edit My Images
Yes
Well thought I'd best start my new thread in preperation for the 2018 TP52.

I'm looking forward to taking part agian this year and aim to finish it this year (I will deiffantly get more then 8 weeks :LOL:)

Week 0 - Around You - Saunderfoot New Years Day Swim
Week 1 - Gate(d) - Gear Change Gate
Week 2 - People - NEC Atrium
Week 3 - Stark - Contrast - Pine Cones
Weel 4 - Over - Over(flowing) Tea Cup
Week 5 - Age(ing) - Mini/MINI
Week 6 - Sharp - Pencils and Sharpner
Week 7 - Guard(ed) - Woodworking Saw
Week 8 - Thick - In The Thick of It
Week 9 - Abundance - Colour and Films
Week 10 - Heavy - Forklift
Week 11 - Wet - Bus Splash
Week 12 - Juxtaposition - Fire and Ice
Week 13 - Oval Mini Dash
Week 14 - Straight Bars and Lines
Week 15 - Unattractive - Crown House
Week 16 - Shadow - Dorset Shadows
Week 17 Beautiful - XK140
Week 18 Low - Minis/MINIS
Week 19 Match - Brighton's Old Pier
Week 20 Music - Brighton Rocks.....
Week 21 Hard -

:nikon::olympus::film:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I back Happy New Year to you all, and here's my Week 0

Around me (well this is what was going on around me last week as I was in Saundersfoot/Tenby for New Year!

As I was being lazy I only took my little Panosonic TZ100 out most of the time and thats what my photoed for Week 0 were taken on (I wish had of taken the Nikon tbh!)

Anyway on New Years day around 2000 nutters took part in the Saundersfoot New Years Day Swim (They are mad I can say this as I have down it twice!)

WEEK 0 AROUND ME (3 of 4) by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

WEEK 0 AROUND ME (2 of 4) by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

And this was taekn on New Years Eve

WEEK 0 AROUND ME (1 of 4) by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

And finally one of the lovely colours in he rocks

WEEK 0 AROUND ME (4 of 4) by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

I thought I'd seen something like this last year, but I went back and found your 2017 thread, it wasn't you.
Quite interesting that there obviously was some sunshine, as the runners seem to be bathed in light and there are certainly shadows, yet the sky is grim. Quite a contrast.
I like how the focal point of the image is in bright colour, which helps them stand out from the other runners.

You'd not catch me doing any of that daft running malarky.

By the way, the link to your thread from the main one is messed up (hence I'd written my comments before finding your 2018 thread and didn't realise you had 4 choices).

First bunch of nutters in the sunshine works the best I think, nice to see you back

Good to see you back in the game Mark, always liked your 52's. Great light and colours in the first, which is the pick for me.

BTW I think your link is broken from the main post-your-images thread.

Welcome back, Mark, and good luck with your new 52. Hey, if I can finish one, so can you! :)

I like the New Year's dip photos for this theme; lots of bright colours and interesting action to look at. I've never got up in time to go to our beach for the NY dips here, but I can see I ought to make the effort next year.

I thought I'd seen something like this last year, but I went back and found your 2017 thread, it wasn't you.
Quite interesting that there obviously was some sunshine, as the runners seem to be bathed in light and there are certainly shadows, yet the sky is grim. Quite a contrast.
I like how the focal point of the image is in bright colour, which helps them stand out from the other runners.

You'd not catch me doing any of that daft running malarky.

By the way, the link to your thread from the main one is messed up (hence I'd written my comments before finding your 2018 thread and didn't realise you had 4 choices).

Thanks Tim, yes the weather was mixed dull and grey one minute and then the sun would breakthrough the clouds for a breif moment

I've fixed the link now it was me being a biut rusty and doing it wrong!

First bunch of nutters in the sunshine works the best I think, nice to see you back

Thanks Allan

Good to see you back in the game Mark, always liked your 52's. Great light and colours in the first, which is the pick for me.

BTW I think your link is broken from the main post-your-images thread.

Thanks Chris I intend to get further then last year :) this time

Welcome back, Mark, and good luck with your new 52. Hey, if I can finish one, so can you! :)

I like the New Year's dip photos for this theme; lots of bright colours and interesting action to look at. I've never got up in time to go to our beach for the NY dips here, but I can see I ought to make the effort next year.

Thanks Andrea it's quite good fun to watch (and take part altough one is colder then the other!) In the past we've been down in time to watch the Tenby Boxing Day Swim but sadly we weren't in time this year.

I love your avatar picture!

week 0 - round your area, nice collection of images, the first image of the nutters of for a swim in a rather cold sea is my pick of the bunch great action shot and lots of nice colour.

Thanks Mandy

Well I back Happy New Year to you all, and here's my Week 0

Around me (well this is what was going on around me last week as I was in Saundersfoot/Tenby for New Year!

As I was being lazy I only took my little Panosonic TZ100 out most of the time and thats what my photoed for Week 0 were taken on (I wish had of taken the Nikon tbh!)

Anyway on New Years day around 2000 nutters took part in the Saundersfoot New Years Day Swim (They are mad I can say this as I have down it twice!)

WEEK 0 AROUND ME (3 of 4) by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

WEEK 0 AROUND ME (2 of 4) by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

And this was taekn on New Years Eve

WEEK 0 AROUND ME (1 of 4) by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

And finally one of the lovely colours in he rocks

WEEK 0 AROUND ME (4 of 4) by Mark Gameson, on Flickr
Nice 4 picture start, would not get me in the water before July!

Thanks Andrea it's quite good fun to watch (and take part altough one is colder then the other!) In the past we've been down in time to watch the Tenby Boxing Day Swim but sadly we weren't in time this year.

I love your avatar picture!

I have no excuses; it's just too early on NYD and my bed is too warm. I'm impressed that you've taken part in one too! :) Thanks, I changed the avatar last night as we had to say goodbye to our 15-year-old dog yesterday, and this is her exactly 15 years ago on her first day at home with us.

Welcome back Mark

Good light and FG interest in the main pic.

First one for me Mark, I think the good focal point of the sun shining on the two ladies makes this one :D

Welcome back I like the first picture best the two ladies in middle draw the eye in.

im loving the first of the four, what better incentive to run than from the Staypuff Marshmellow Man!!

Great light in the first picture, makes the two people in the father Christmas fancy dress really pop out!

Welcome back Mark

Good light and FG interest in the main pic.

First one for me Mark, I think the good focal point of the sun shining on the two ladies makes this one :D

Welcome back I like the first picture best the two ladies in middle draw the eye in.

im loving the first of the four, what better incentive to run than from the Staypuff Marshmellow Man!!

Great light in the first picture, makes the two people in the father Christmas fancy dress really pop out!

Thank you for all your comments they are appreciated.

Currently trying to sort out Gate(d) and it's Thursday again I had one idea but as I've alraedy seen several similar images I need to come up with something different if I can! (and without using an archive image!)

So on to week 1 and Gate(d)

I had planned to visit the canal and take pictures of the lock gates but as there had been a few of these I wanted to do something different I'm not overly happy with this but here goes

Yesterday I went to Autosport International and found a bit of a shoehorn

I give you Gate as in Gear Sifter Gate......

GATE 1 by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

And as I'm not overly happy with my actual image I'll stick a archive up

GATE 2 by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

They all look fantastic photographs to me. I just wish I was brave enough to take this sort of shot, I feel far too self conscious when I get the camera out to get a decent shot in this genre :)

Hi Mark,

Gate - When I saw the image in the main thread, I instinctively knew it would be you.
Focus isn't quite where you want it I guess, but to a petrol head, it shouts Gate :)
People - I guess at somewhere like the NEC getting a people shot isn't too bad, as people will expect to see cameras around. I would have liked to see more of faces looking in your direction, but that's just me, you've got this week's theme done nicely.

The first gate photo is something different, I like that. Unfortunately it is not very sharp.

Of the people photos #1 is my favourite, the B&W one of the people heading for the toilets.

First B+W pic for people though you obviously shot them from the hip as it where but definitely on theme

Gate - gear shifter is a really good find, nice to see something different.

People, mono for me, the people seem to stand out better against the background.

They all look fantastic photographs to me. I just wish I was brave enough to take this sort of shot, I feel far too self conscious when I get the camera out to get a decent shot in this genre :)

Thanks this is a gene of photography I really want to do more of.

Hi Mark,

Gate - When I saw the image in the main thread, I instinctively knew it would be you.
Focus isn't quite where you want it I guess, but to a petrol head, it shouts Gate :)
People - I guess at somewhere like the NEC getting a people shot isn't too bad, as people will expect to see cameras around. I would have liked to see more of faces looking in your direction, but that's just me, you've got this week's theme done nicely.

Thanks TIm

I didn't actually set out to do this as Gate I had another idea but wasn't going to get the time to do it! I'm a little disapointed that the top of the gear lever isn't in focus it wasa bit of a grab shot after I took it I spent the rest of the show looking out for anoter chance to find an altervie version!

With people I had the camera on my lap and was taking the images while I was eating my sandwich!

Of the shots Mark my pic is the people mono shot, really well taken and like the slight reflections and great pov too (y)(y)

Thanks Dave

The first gate photo is something different, I like that. Unfortunately it is not very sharp.

Of the people photos #1 is my favourite, the B&W one of the people heading for the toilets.

Thanks Bernd I was using my Olympus OM5 which I have still got to get used to I think I need to rest the settings as the Autopocus was misbehaving on some of the images.

First B+W pic for people though you obviously shot them from the hip as it where but definitely on theme

Thanks Allan yes I had the camera in my lap while I was

Hi Mark

Gate, what sort of racing car is it (lots of CF, Battery in the foot well, I think I can see parts of roll cage behind the battery. it it yours?

The People shot B&W for me, the colour distracts from the other photos.

Pete

Week 0 - Around You - Saunderfoot New Years Day Swim - So you must have got your feet wet as well - braver than me. I'm starting to think my father was right in only entering water that had steam coming off it. Good action shot and can feel the fun (and the cold).

Week 1 - Gate(d) - Gear Change Gate - If it had not been in Neutral could have been the engine vibration that made the blur ;) It still works though.

Week 2 - People - NEC Atrium - The monochrome one works best for me - the eye is not as distracted by the colours in background and on clothes,

Hi Mark

Gate, what sort of racing car is it (lots of CF, Battery in the foot well, I think I can see parts of roll cage behind the battery. it it yours?

The People shot B&W for me, the colour distracts from the other photos.

Pete

Hi Pete

Its an Audi R8 no sadly not mine I've got enought with 3 Minis in the garage!

Thanks for your comments I agree about the B&W image being the better one.

Week 0 - Around You - Saunderfoot New Years Day Swim - So you must have got your feet wet as well - braver than me. I'm starting to think my father was right in only entering water that had steam coming off it. Good action shot and can feel the fun (and the cold).

Week 1 - Gate(d) - Gear Change Gate - If it had not been in Neutral could have been the engine vibration that made the blur ;) It still works though.

Week 2 - People - NEC Atrium - The monochrome one works best for me - the eye is not as distracted by the colours in background and on clothes,

Hi David

My feet stayed nice and dry just I was sinking a little into the sand ( I got wet feet later on but thats becuase I was walking trough rock pools:LOL:

That's it was running on tick over (honest.....:exit:)

I much prefer the B&W one too I'm finding myself working in B&W more recently but that could be becuase the next round of our club leauge is a monochrome round

Very nice people shots Sir, all work well with mono being my fav’.(y)

George.

Hi Mark ...at last I’m getting round to some comments, all those people in your New Years shot would work well this week :) really like all the colour and activity on the beach. In contrast it’s tbe B&W that’s my favourite this week, their steps look quite synchronised and they’re striding out with real purpose.

Good luck this year.

Hi Mark
Gate -is that an F40 perchance?

And the last People shot for me as it feels more balanced...

That's an original idea for Gate, Mark, and although the focus isn't quite spot on it definitely fits the theme very well.

A good selection of People images too, with different angles and scenes, but the stand-out for me is the first one. It really suits monochome and the low angle includes the shiny floor and the reflections, which adds balance to the people and signs etc in the top part of the image.

Gate - the first is an unusual choice for the theme shame its not sharper, I like the Archive shot bit tight at the top.
People - I like the first black and white shot best

Very nice people shots Sir, all work well with mono being my fav’.(y)

George.

Thanks George

Hi Mark ...at last I’m getting round to some comments, all those people in your New Years shot would work well this week :) really like all the colour and activity on the beach. In contrast it’s tbe B&W that’s my favourite this week, their steps look quite synchronised and they’re striding out with real purpose.

Good luck this year.

Thanks Suusie I never picked up on them beinging in sync until I put the images on the computer, so it was just pure luck!

Good to see you back looking foward to compenting on your iamges again this year.

Hi Mark
Gate -is that an F40 perchance?

And the last People shot for me as it feels more balanced...

Thanks Mark

No it was an R8 there was an F40 there but in the auction so I couldn't get near it :dummy:

That's an original idea for Gate, Mark, and although the focus isn't quite spot on it definitely fits the theme very well.

A good selection of People images too, with different angles and scenes, but the stand-out for me is the first one. It really suits monochome and the low angle includes the shiny floor and the reflections, which adds balance to the people and signs etc in the top part of the image.

Thansk Andrea

Gate - the first is an unusual choice for the theme shame its not sharper, I like the Archive shot bit tight at the top.
People - I like the first black and white shot best

Thanks Minx

Thank you all for takig the time to look at my images and comment. It is very much appreicated.

Hi Mark

Gate 1 ... a good slant on the theme. But not a great shot tbh ... a bit blurry and tinted.

People ... The B&W shot works well, maybe not because it's B&W but just something to do with the pov and spread of people.

People
It's #1 for me, it's well composed and with most of the people walking in the same direction.

Back