weekly Marsha's 2013 52 - Finally finished!

Hellooooooooo Hun.....how goes it in sunny Cyprus ? Only a teeny bit green eye'd.......we have rain , wind,rain , wind & typical winter temperatures....send us some sunshine over please :D

I had to pop in & say I love the Reflection shot........typically british scene ,the movement in the water barely shows & the colors reminds me of our wonderful summer (y)

Chocolate....amazes me it stayed around long enough to melt :LOL:

Hi Lynne, it's going ok thanks. Although time still defies me, not helped by the kids going to school from 0730-1230 so only half a day to myself and to sort other stuff out like baking Christmas cakes and things! My photography is on the back burners just now, but hoping to pick it back up properly again soon.

As for the weather it has turned here. Last Friday catching some rays in the garden, this morning wrapped up with gloves at a chilly 6c made worse with an icy gale blowing! There is snow on the mountain!

As for the melting chocolate, Sophie's never touches the side, but Jack doesn't eat as much so his often melts!

Hello Marsha, I'm just "doing the rounds". Haven't seen / heard from you for a while so I thought I'd say Hi. Hope you are well.

Hi Brian.

I'm doing ok thanks, still crazy busy as I've had to unpack my stuff and reorganise the house. Also the Christmas craziness has burgled a lot of my time.

Apparently being a housewife is supposed to be boring.

Today I have been out with the hubby photographing him on his enduro bike (that's fantasy sorted) watched my daughters first school Xmas play. Watched (slept through) a DVD with the kids, cooked a roast and about to tackle the kids to bed. Then sort through some photos this evening.

Still waiting for the boredom to hit.

I do intend on stopping by everyone's threads before the year is out!

Hi Marsha
Good to see that you are coping with the stresses of family life !! and still keeping in touch,

Live - #1 is super - good colour and impact - the eye contact helps a lot
Reflection - nice scene with limited colour but lots of variety in it. Lots of interest throughout.
Melt - i like that a lot - spot on theme but not posed. Good dof and a good feeling of animation

:wave: DK. Things are going a lot better health wise now, phew. But my photo sorting is not! I have been sat at my computer now for the last 90 minutes hoping to get some shots up here, only to discover that my monitor/ system is doing some weird sh1t and a photo that looks fine in both LR and photoshop is total turd once saved as a JPEG:banghead:

I've decided balls to it, sticking it on Flickr now anyway! Everyone has moved on so what the hell!

Hey Alan, many apologies I forgot to thank you for your comments :bonk:

Ok, this year didn't go so well, but I will not be beaten! So here are the last shots!

Week 44 Left Hated this theme, it caused a big stall, hence I only took it this weekend! And this is what happens when you ask a three and a five year old to put their left foot in :rolleyes:

Week 45 Food My Christmas cake. The kids were desperate to eat the very cure little polar bear. I made that bear, I protected him as long as possible from being munched:

Week 46 Art The week I got to Cyprus we had the most intense storm I've ever witnessed, it lasted four hours! I got my camera out for about half hour but the rain was blowing sideways then the house got hit by lightning and I ran inside bravely!

Week 47 Friendship team apple eating in the play park. Obviously bright sunshine is an issue out here!

Week 48 Sleek Just such a nice gadget!

More to follow!

Week 49 Wild reshoot This bug tried to hide up in our palm tree, she didn't expect me to grab a step ladder and chase her up there!

Colour
These things are surprisingly difficult to photograph and make look sharp as they've all got very smooth edged and the shot looked OOF!

Week 50 Fantasy Neither my hubby or I can believe we're actually back in Cyprus! Adam is getting to relive his dreams (fantasies) of ragging around Cyprus on his dirt bike! And I get a free moving target to practice on!

Week 51 Fit Nope, this doesn't fit the theme, but it made me laugh!

Week 52 Water I like the almost silhouette feel to this, if you look hard you can see he's pulling quite a face!

And I am done! Thanks for anyone that visited my thread, it's been a tough old year and I struggled to do much of anything!

Blimey - you made it!!! :)

Fantasy is cool, really nice
The mantis thing is also really good - shame you couldn't get the light thats on his arms all over him
Your boy by the xmas tree. made me smile.

Cheers Graham. The mantis was up in the tree, the wind was blowing a fair bit and the sun light was dappled through the leaves. It was very changeable. I like the way the arms were highlighted on this shot. They are quite menacing looking bugs.

Jack is a funny little thing.

Well... going to bed and trying to catch up on a tablet wasn't the best idea...

Some great pictures there Marsha, I really like your lightning shots, nicely caught !!

Fit really made me laugh :D

Water, excellent capture, will try looking again tomorrow at detail when on pc

Fantasy is a cracking shot, great DoF, loving the composition, the foreground draws you in nicely (y)

Nice creepy bug, bright buttons and other shots (can you tell I'm getting tired :confused:

Super job getting complete :clap:

Well done on the finish and your new start.

Left - good colour and nice detail
Food - poss tighter crop on left to remove brigth bit and shame your son is oof
Art - well caught (y)
friendship - bang on theme - is that sunshine :thinking: Apparently we used to have it here too
Sleek - show off
Colour - vibrant and lively - white bits to RHS don't help to frame it and a bit of tidying up on buttons needed.
Fantasy - that's a good shot (y) Dynamic, space to move into and excellent focus
Fit - made me :LOL: too
Water - spot on - and that funny light again :thinking:

Back