weekly Martin's 2018 52 Challenge

Over -It is a fun shot and you have captured the enjoyment in their faces too.

:agree: A nice entertaining, fun shot and even better that you caught the aftermath as well even if it wasn't quite such a high quality image as the first :)

Great fun shot, pity about your shadow in #2 as this is in my opinion the better one :)

Lots of action and drama in your People image, Martin. Shame you had to use an archive image but the weather isn't doing us any favours at the moment and it's an unusual shot and well worth sharing.

Both images for Over work well, especially the drama and motion in the second one, but - as you said - the shadow detracts from it a bit. Good idea though (y)

That's a cool concept - I like it. Simple but tells the story

Nice take on the theme.
Nice detail on the hand and walking stick.
Well done Martin

Pete

One of many. Took me ages to get the picture just right as I had to frame on the walking stick then put my hand on it while operating the camera remotely.

That's a cool concept - I like it. Simple but tells the story

Thank you

Perfect, simple, good lighting. (y)

The lighting is direct sunlight coming through the window, I had to do a lot of toning down before it looked like I'd imagined it.

This is my kind of photo.

Mine too. I love to see pictures like this by other photographers so I'm pleased I've finally got one one in my own right.

PS: I see a little bit of light on the RHS of the stick :D

Ah yes, didn't notice that. I'd probably clone it out if I did a print.

Great composition and perfect lighting! Top (y)

I have a couple of logs too big for my little log burner. Nice on theme and one I did not think about, and I have a bow saw in my garage as well ( I find the logs too hard to cut and hope down at the same time and I do want to keep all my fingers).

Nice details on the blade.

Looks pretty darn sharp to me - nicely on theme

Aged - well lit strong shot.
Sharp - good Dof nice sharp details

Sharp
I like the bits of debris on the teeth and the close up shot.

Seriously sharp looking. (y) ... wondering about cropping that dead space up top bringing the teeth to the centre of the frame o_O

Seriously sharp looking. (y) ... wondering about cropping that dead space up top bringing the teeth to the centre of the frame o_O

Or even going the other way and putting more in, I couldn't really decide how to crop it.

Sharp (1 of 1)-3.JPG

Great idea and well executed! I prefer the wider crop!

It’s You! You got picked on my comment rota.

Week 5 - That works well - good skin tone and detail.
Week 6 - The wider of the two shots tells the story better for me, otherwise left wondering what you were sawing.

Age(ing) - a nicely composed image, good use of lighting, great take on the theme.

Sharp - another nicely executed image for the theme, looks very sharp. I don't want that to get in the way of that when its in use, good interpretation of the theme.

(Fire)guard. A picture of the front of my chiminea. Depth of field could have been a little wider but I think it is ok.

Guard (1 of 1) by gorgon703, on Flickr

Hi Martin

Nice detail on the rust and the colours of the flame behind. I have the same idea (and a couple of others as well), but not taken yet.

Pete

Like this Martin, agreed, lovely colours to it and the texture of the guard works great

Shallow dof (as you are aware!) but I like it. (y)

Hi Martin,
Sharp - Your original shot for me, I like the close in crop. I thought that was wool on the teeth until I read your words.
(Fire)Guard - Looks well used, I like the textures and colours you've brought out there, along with the soft fire background.

That works for the theme. Good shot and well lit. For a moment I thought it was cod liver oil and had horrible flashbacks to my childhood.

Guard
I thought about doing a fire guard, but it hasn't been cold enough to light my woodburner. I like the detail in the rusty guard and the diffused flames behind.

That works for the theme. Good shot and well lit. For a moment I thought it was cod liver oil and had horrible flashbacks to my childhood.

We used to have cod liver oil and malt -- I loved it!

Nice Image of the Bovil and Jar, background is a bit not right, maybe lighter?

Pete

Nice Image of the Bovil and Jar, background is a bit not right, maybe lighter?

Pete

Maybe not a hand towel I had in the kitchen! :) It could have been lighter to show off the 'thick' more but I do like the texture considering what it is.

Back