weekly mdpF2's 52 for 2020

Not a book I'll one rushing to but, nice shot though :)

I like it looks like Brum to me. Nice mono conversion and great use of the towpath to lead your eye towards the canal
Nice angle to take it at, looks good in mono.
No idea about the book but I like the shot. Nice low view angle and good use of lead in line to the main subject of the book title (canal). Mono conversion works well here. :clap:
Very nice photo, conversion etc.

my 2p's worth. Could the point of focus be further back?

Pete
Nice mono Mark,
I like the B&W treatment and I quite like the narrow depth of field too.
Is it Brum? Like Mark, I feel it could well be the view of the canal basin there.
I actually like the focus point being on the path rather the distant buildings or the canal itself. I wouldn't have guessed the book though.
I was trying to count the steps...thought there might be 39
Agreed with the comments on the point of focus but a good shot anyway. Looks good in mono.
Nice city scape, works well in mono, but I would have chosen a slightly bigger aperture...
Book - B/W suits it I would prefer more depth of focus.
Book
I'm liking the low pov, but also a high pov, as I'm guessing you're standing on a bridge.

Many thanks for the feedback - yes it is the canal basin on the Birmingham canal..

Dof looks good to me - it gives the impression its about to move.

I'm usually complaining about a too narrow DoF, but in this photo it works! Great PoV and excellent processing (y)

I hope you’ve got one of those articulated screens or were you lying in the ground? Great POV.

I like narrow dof so it works for me... would have been interested to see the difference if you’d made the nearer wheel sharp instead.

I hope you’ve got one of those articulated screens or were you lying in the ground? Great POV.

I like narrow dof so it works for me... would have been interested to see the difference if you’d made the nearer wheel sharp instead.
Yes, a folding rear screen but I was still on my hands and knees!
I focused on the nearest wheels on my first few shots, but it definitely looked better (to me), focusing on the further away ones..

Yep - that works very well!

Nice PoV Mark. well thought out.

Nothing wrong with the depth of field for me. Love the low pov and the subject.

I really like that, great shot :)

Dof looks good to me - it gives the impression its about to move.
Dof is bang on Mark, loved these as a kid but not the grazes.
I'm usually complaining about a too narrow DoF, but in this photo it works! Great PoV and excellent processing (y)
That is just superb - best transport shot I've seen so far. Nailed it - and I am very jealous!

I like that Mark, dof and pov
I like that too Mark. DOF and POV are spot on for my liking.
Hi Mark

Nice point of view and depth of field.
Good processing to B&W.

Pete
Yep - that works very well!
Works for me. One of the best of the week IMHO.
Nice PoV Mark. well thought out.
Nothing wrong with the depth of field for me. Love the low pov and the subject.
It's certainly to my liking :)
Great angle, great mono conversion, great use of lines and DoF, a masterpiece.
I really like that, great shot :)

Many thanks, much appreciated..

Transport - the DoF rrealy works for me, it's a great image with a great PoV and certainly works in mono.

Fence - I like this although if it were me I might have tried to get the fence top running bottom left to top right, corner to corner, to half the frame on the diagonal. But, with that said, I like the texture etc it really is nice.

Nice mono fence

Transport - an interesting and different PoV I like it, nice Mono conversion too.

Fence - I like the angle you've taken it at another great Mono conversion.

I like the angle for fence very creative and the B+W conversion works well

Like the POV on this shot works in mono.

Great PoV! And excellent B&W processing! Nothing to criticise.

I like the minimalistic look and the gritty grain of the wood. Black and white suits it :)
Transport - the DoF rrealy works for me, it's a great image with a great PoV and certainly works in mono.

Fence - I like this although if it were me I might have tried to get the fence top running bottom left to top right, corner to corner, to half the frame on the diagonal. But, with that said, I like the texture etc it really is nice.
Nice mono fence
Very nicely done.
Great angle, and good choice of B&W
Transport - an interesting and different PoV I like it, nice Mono conversion too.

Fence - I like the angle you've taken it at another great Mono conversion.
Fence - I like the angle, drama and negative space.
Love this shot, great low angle looking up at the fence top with a little bit of cloud to boot (y)
Looks black to me Mark :D
Good unusual angle and nicely processed.
Good use of negative space, it's says fence without showing much of it. Clever.
Nice pov. I like a minimalist shot and even better in mono.
Very nice. Could almost get a splinter from that fence!
That's a great shot - that deep black sky against the gritty wood is beautiful.
Very dramatic in b&w. Lots of texture too.
An interesting and good pov. The b&w head a good depth of tones.
Like the POV on this shot works in mono.
Great PoV! And excellent B&W processing! Nothing to criticise.

Thank you all for the feedback & comments..

Week 13 - Flora
Not sure what this shrub/flower is, we planted outside our front door quite a few years ago..

DSC00118a.jpg

And a very close-up one of the same

DSC00209a.jpg

Plus one from my dads stunning garden, although this was taken just before isolation..

DSCF0269a.jpg

Back