weekly mdpF2's 52 for 2020

I really like your ability shot - repeating what has already been said, but definitely abstract, and I love the thin DoF.

Last edited:
It's all about that light! Nicely done!

Nicely taken ability shot. Looks very interesting from that angle.

Looks great in mono, like the wafer thin focus, think you have cracked the abstract ability!
I really like your ability shot - repeating what has already been said, but definitely abstract, and I love the thin DoF.
Great shot, and like it in b&w.
I like this - nice focus and certainly a good abstract.
I like this - think you have the ability!
You have found it, nicely done!
It's all about that light! Nicely done!
A good abstract you took for the theme Mark.
Nicely taken ability shot. Looks very interesting from that angle.
Nicely taken and composed, love the Mono conversion

Many thanks for the feedback folks

Well it looks pretty abstract, so I guess you've got the ability.

I like that as Clive said the foreground is a little dark even on a computer screen but I really like it

The dark foreground was intentional, but that may just suit my taste..

The sky makes for a lot of drama but I think 1/2 a stop more exposure and a tweak to the shadows would give a lift and more interesting reflection in the flooded field.

ABILITY - ability to shoot abstract! Good take on the theme!
WINTER - Agreeing with previous comments, re the dark foreground.

I can understand why you prefer a dark foreground - it has a very moody atmosphere. On my screen however it is a tad too dark to see any of the detail.

Its a nice moody image, but also a little dark for my tastes, too Mark.

It's a bit dark, but nice moody image!

Nice winter sunset but the foreground is quite dark on my tablet.
Well it looks pretty abstract, so I guess you've got the ability.
I like that as Clive said the foreground is a little dark even on a computer screen but I really like it
The sky makes for a lot of drama but I think 1/2 a stop more exposure and a tweak to the shadows would give a lift and more interesting reflection in the flooded field.
ABILITY - ability to shoot abstract! Good take on the theme!
WINTER - Agreeing with previous comments, re the dark foreground.
I can understand why you prefer a dark foreground - it has a very moody atmosphere. On my screen however it is a tad too dark to see any of the detail.
Its a nice moody image, but also a little dark for my tastes, too Mark.
For me, it's not that the foreground is too dark, but there's a lot of it - it might benefit from a crop?
As others have said, perhaps a touch dark... I would have preferred to see some detail of the flooded area. but it's what you intended so :)
It's a bit dark, but nice moody image!
A nice dark and moody image Mark, have to agree though just a tad bit too dark for me.
Many thanks for the feedback, the points are taken on board (I think!)

Ability - I like that and the b/w suits it.
Winter - The flooded fields are a bit dark but you can see the light on the puddles .

I like it looks like Brum to me. Nice mono conversion and great use of the towpath to lead your eye towards the canal

Very nice photo, conversion etc.

my 2p's worth. Could the point of focus be further back?

Pete

Very nice photo, conversion etc.

my 2p's worth. Could the point of focus be further back?

Pete
Yes, you're absolutely right about the focus point, I actually shot it at f2 by mistake and did everything I could to sharpen up the buildings in the background!

Nice mono Mark,

Is it Brum? Like Mark, I feel it could well be the view of the canal basin there.
I actually like the focus point being on the path rather the distant buildings or the canal itself. I wouldn't have guessed the book though.

Agreed with the comments on the point of focus but a good shot anyway. Looks good in mono.

Nice city scape, works well in mono, but I would have chosen a slightly bigger aperture...

Book - B/W suits it I would prefer more depth of focus.

Book
I'm liking the low pov, but also a high pov, as I'm guessing you're standing on a bridge.

Back