weekly mdpF2's 52 for 2020

I like that you've gone for a tight crop, and the low key works well

That could be a product shot. I think just a tad more space on top, but that could be just me. It looks super sharp where it needs to be too.

That's a terrific shot of a fine (old?) film camera.:clap:
Great angle/PoV...I like the tight crop, and the low key look suits it well.
I agree with Dominic @Nostromo - it looks like a glossy product image that you'd find in a photography magazine!

The only thing wrong with it, is it seems to say 'Nikon' on the top....shouldn't that say 'Canon'?:LOL:
(I'm joking of course!:LOL:)

Really impressive image for Tools at first I wasn't sure about the tight crop but the more I looked at it the more I realized it was bang on! Very classy indeed.

I have so many film cameras that I have acquired since getting back in to 'proper' photography I need more shelves to put them on!

local interest - nice sky and reflection of the sun on the water. Silhouette works well!

pleasure - great rural architecture, but in my opinion it could do with a bit more oomph

tool - I love that photo, great framing and great low key photo (y)

I'm surprised we haven't had more tools of our own trade. Subtle lighting really works.

Lovely low key shot. I might well have tried one with the lens in focus and the body slightly out.

Excellent idea, Mark, and really well executed. The low key style, the tight crop and monochrome processing are all perfect for this subject - and I like that you've used an older film camera rather than a current digital model . It looks like a magazine advert (y)

Last edited:
Really good use of lighting, I like this.
Nice very low key picture (y)
I was going to do the same, but changed my mind and glad I did with the sunny day we had. A good shot.
Great contrast in this, and a lovely shot of an older camera.
Quite lowkey that, works well.
I'm pondering if I would have tried for deeper DoF to have the writing on the lens sharp too, but dunno...
Niiice shot niiiiice camera!
I like that you've gone for a tight crop, and the low key works well
That could be a product shot. I think just a tad more space on top, but that could be just me. It looks super sharp where it needs to be too.
A classic film SLR camera from the bygone days. I like the tight crop and the dark low key processing.
That's a terrific shot of a fine (old?) film camera.:clap:
Great angle/PoV...I like the tight crop, and the low key look suits it well.
I agree with Dominic @Nostromo - it looks like a glossy product image that you'd find in a photography magazine!

The only thing wrong with it, is it seems to say 'Nikon' on the top....shouldn't that say 'Canon'?:LOL:
(I'm joking of course!:LOL:)
Not too bygone I hope - I have two film cameras on their way to me...
Agreeing with others ... Professional looking shot. Great work.
Really impressive image for Tools at first I wasn't sure about the tight crop but the more I looked at it the more I realized it was bang on! Very classy indeed.

I have so many film cameras that I have acquired since getting back in to 'proper' photography I need more shelves to put them on!
local interest - nice sky and reflection of the sun on the water. Silhouette works well!

pleasure - great rural architecture, but in my opinion it could do with a bit more oomph

tool - I love that photo, great framing and great low key photo (y)
I'm surprised we haven't had more tools of our own trade. Subtle lighting really works.
Lovely low key shot. I might well have tried one with the lens in focus and the body slightly out.
Excellent idea, Mark, and really well executed. The low key style, the tight crop and monochrome processing are all perfect for this subject - and I like that you've used an older film camera rather than a current digital model . It looks like a magazine advert (y)

Many thanks for all the feedback, very much appreciated

Clever take on the theme well executed. Like the detail in the Shell.

Nice take on the theme, I would never have thought of that :)

Clever idea Mark, it fits right in.

I really like that, lots of detail especially the shell

Nice capture of a very nice camera, they don't make them like that anymore :)

oh, just found out that they do actually make them ;)

...I thought they stopped making them last year, my one came from a shop in Tokyo...

Great idea and nicely executed. Very clever!

I like your take on the theme - only issue I have with it is that the oof greenery on the left is a bit distracting.

Discarded works well for the theme, nice spot.

Clever take on the theme well executed. Like the detail in the Shell.
Nice take on the theme, I would never have thought of that :)
A very nice take on theme Mark, like that you kept the environment in too.
Great idea... beats the rubbish hunt I Went on ;-)
Clever idea Mark, it fits right in.
Love it, different way of thinking for the theme
Inspired interpretation of the theme Mark!:clap:
First class composition and the colours are rich and pleasing!
Excellent job Mark!(y)
Really like this shot - fits the theme beautifullly, and there's stacks of detail with great lighting. Very nice indeed!
That IS a good take on the theme, Mark, and the colours and textures of the hard shell contrast really well against the bright green foliage (y)
I really like that, lots of detail especially the shell
Good rich colour and detail. Nice take on the theme.
I like the composition, colour and lighting. Nice idea.

Nice, sharp and vivid Mark. Bang on theme too, clever! :)
Very nice and some lovely detail in the shell and greenery.
Great idea and nicely executed. Very clever!
I like your take on the theme - only issue I have with it is that the oof greenery on the left is a bit distracting.
Very good, it's a simple composition, that works really well.
Very clever take on the theme nicely seen.
Discarded works well for the theme, nice spot.

Many thanks for all the feedback & comments, really appreciated..

Week 5 - Snappers Choice - I had lots of ideas for this week, but none came off due to time & weather!
This is just a film shot from a local walk with the dog.. Another flat grey day.

F6E100-015b.jpg

Back