weekly Michael23's 2012 52 COMPLETED! WooHoo! Slide show added

Wow, leave is magnificent! Great take on the theme, and superbly shot!

Hi Michael

Leave - I like the grittiness of it, I'ts a shame but I see what you mean about the white bits, but for me that's a minor point

Thanks Dk , I have got used to the white bits now, I still can't believe I did an sp! (y)

Wow, leave is magnificent! Great take on the theme, and superbly shot!

Wow! Thanks very much Mark, this has gone down much better than I thought it would (y) Amazing what you cab do with a £70 camera and a bit of pp! (y)

Now hoping this is ok! Random, what a strange theme as nothing can be off theme with this one, so my wife brought me a packet of Randoms and said there you go, thats your theme done! Deliberated for a few minutes, then plunged the room into darkness and did a 30 second exposure, they were lit with totally random lights, a green and a red bike light both flashing during the exposure, it looked a little weird, so processed it further being totally random!
This is the result of glowing edges in elements 10, I love that effect!

Week 21, Random...Glowing Randoms! by scilly puffin, on Flickr

I quite like the effect it has had on the light house sweet, (next to the snowman) making it look like a cartoon person! Will have to see what else I can get for the theme.

Leave works really well, and the feel suits the shot perfectly.

Random... Looks like you've had some fun, and it's randomly random :D... It fits the theme, and I like the way that's come out... I can't see a light house or a snowman...

I'm not normally keen on that edge effect Michael, but it works very well here, I think because it defines the 3D shape, and works so well with the lettering.

See what you mean about the lighthouse, but I'd be scared out of my wits if I were captaining a ship in those waters!

Last edited:
'Leave' - i like the concept, looks like a paparazzi shot but more creative (y)

'Random' - the creative lighting works very well and hit sthe subject nicely (y)

Nick

well done on the ingenuity of the random shot, very interesting effort :clap:

random very unusual not sure its my thing do find it very interesting :thinking:

Hi Michael

Leave...great shot , very paparazzi'ish , like the processing :clap:

Random...I'd never heard of these sweets till this theme came up...I like the glowing edges PP efect as well & it works just great here (y)

Leave - good interpretation of theme and suits B&W. It is the white bits at the bottom which distract but as you've already attempted to clone out there not much else that can be done.

Random - Good lighting effects and picks the theme out nicely.

Temperature - Again fits the theme. The shadows and overall light on your daughter show its sunny, maybe feet splashing in the water would have improved the shot. Well caught pose.

Good job Michael... nice light, nice bit of motion about the hair and good pose... fits the theme really well..

As for another 30 weeks... may not sound like much...

Authority - #2 for me, little too vibrant but works well.

Leave - good shot, nice feel to it and works well for this theme.

Randon - fun! Random shot indeed, like it and looks a good use of technique. Something a bit different.

Temperature - good capture, pure enjoyment!

Wonderful photo for temperature Michael; says it all! Possibly, just possibly a lower angle would be even better, but who knows!

Nice family shot of a little girl having fun on the beach ... great!

Hi Michael,

Leave - Good and interesting take on the theme. I like the pp too.

Random - Truly random. ;) Nice to see something different.

Temperature - I agree with some of the others about a lower PoV possibly improving it. Either way, it's certainly on theme.

Hi Michael, apologies I haven't visited your thread for a while :(

Leave, great take on the theme, I think it is an emotive image portraying quite a few emotions or sentiment. A strong image, and quite thought provoking. Good work.

Random, another good take on the theme. I like the neon feel about the image. The processing works well, I particularly like the vibrant colours.

Temperature, yes bang on theme. You've a cracking little model there, great smile, I like the movement you've captured. Definitely one for the family album (y) Iain

Nathalie, Ian and Dean, thanks very much for your replys, much appreciated. Points mentioned and taken on board for next time (y)

Now on to Week 23 and abstract, certainly a subject to divide opinions. So for todays inspiration, I would like to thank Mother Nature and her rain today! One indoor shot and the rest were taken whilst getting wet for a few minutes out in the garden! :wacky: :LOL:

Week 23, Abstract #1 by scilly puffin, on Flickr

Week 23, Abstract #2 by scilly puffin, on Flickr

Week23, Abstract #3 by scilly puffin, on Flickr

Week 23, Abstract #4 by scilly puffin, on Flickr

no. 3 and 4 for me, especially 3 :clap:

Back