weekly Mikehamilton's 2012, 52 Week Challenge - Week 10 - Win Added to Page 5

Hi Mike, good take on Industry theme, and echo Dark Knights comments regarding the dof. Fair play too for getting a pic in, especially if you've not had much time (y)

Thank you for your feedback. i will re-shoot the industry theme at some point.

But for this week im going to have to call a Joker. im going to set myself three Jokers for this challenge so thats one down.

So, i have just shot this out of my kitchen window :)

House Stars by Mike-Hamilton Photography, on Flickr

I have plenty of ideas for Homemade, and i wont have to go out for the picture :)

Comments welcome

Mike

Sigh - love this picture, reminds me of when i was a child and drawing on everything. The composition is good, and the B&W works very well imo, nice tones. Should be a great shot for the album too.

Industry - this is such an unusual picture, I really like it even though i don't think i should. Such an interesting collection of objects and boxes.

Hi Mike

apolgies for missing a few weeks :crying:

Fear...oh yes , you've got that nailed....I read your own crit then looked at the shot , then read your words again & looked at the shot ( you get the idea )..nope , can't see a halo or slight image misalignment....just a good shot , like the light trails ( though tyre marks on the road would've been the icing on the cake ! ) Good thinking for the theme mister (y)

Secure....on theme again , prefer the color version & like the contrast between rusty & new chain , nice DOF as well (y)

Industry...shallower DOF focusing on the boat would've added to the shot but it does fit the theme :)

Handmade....love it...the colors , shape , no blown out flame....great image mister :clap:

Hi Mike

apolgies for missing a few weeks :crying:

Fear...oh yes , you've got that nailed....I read your own crit then looked at the shot , then read your words again & looked at the shot ( you get the idea )..nope , can't see a halo or slight image misalignment....just a good shot , like the light trails ( though tyre marks on the road would've been the icing on the cake ! ) Good thinking for the theme mister (y)

Secure....on theme again , prefer the color version & like the contrast between rusty & new chain , nice DOF as well (y)

Industry...shallower DOF focusing on the boat would've added to the shot but it does fit the theme :)

Handmade....love it...the colors , shape , no blown out flame....great image mister :clap:

I think with the fear shot i was being overly picky, as it was my first attempt at lightpainting.

The candle looks really good, like the composition, good lighting and nice detail in there.

Thank you :)

Nice one mike the colour of the candle works well with the copper and the lighting is good to well done!

Thanks, i agree the candle was the perfect colour to compliment the holder.

On another note, im off to Paris for a week from Friday, so i am going to be late on the Money shot.

However Paris may give a perfect chance to re-shoot some of the older topics, Industry being the main one i want to re-shoot :)

Last edited:
Industry – Another vote for the use of a shallower DoF

Handmade – Spot on theme and a nice image as well. I don’t think it would have been the same if the candle holder had perfect edges to it.

Money – Another one definitely on theme. I hope you put some in for the collection

Industry – Another vote for the use of a shallower DoF

Handmade – Spot on theme and a nice image as well. I don’t think it would have been the same if the candle holder had perfect edges to it.

Money – Another one definitely on theme. I hope you put some in for the collection

Yeah i put a couple of euro in :)

Like the angle of view there as you actually looking into the pool of money.

Yeah i was looking straight down through a perspex cover :)

Week 10 - Win

Had a couple of good ideas for this which i will shoot tonight, but i think they have all been done by other people. So in the mean time i got creative with some of my sons lego.

Photo52 - Week 10 "Win" by Mike-Hamilton Photography, on Flickr

Tried to make it look like the winner has won everything :) shame i couldnt find the blocks of money we got with another lego kit :(

What do you think?

Back