Minx 52 for 2019

He's a handsome chap.

Nice sharp image Alison. Personally I would have preferred a tighter grip to show more details on his face

Bang on theme

Great shot, although I agree with IanD, a tighter crop may have worked better to remove the string on the left and the bottom left foreground.

He's a handsome chap.

Nice sharp image Alison. Personally I would have preferred a tighter grip to show more details on his face

Bang on theme

Great shot, although I agree with IanD, a tighter crop may have worked better to remove the string on the left and the bottom left foreground.

Liking the use of deadspace above the puppydawg's head to emphasise that he's looking upwards, and sufficiently shallow DoF to stop the foreground being too much of a distraction :)

Thanks for the Comments I did consider a tighter crop and also took a close up of his face but I chopped a bit of his ear off.

Bulldog
by Alison White, on Flickr

That is rope not string and was giving him more freedom than his lead did whilst still keeping him away from the tables of food

Last edited:
tighter crop and b/w for you

bulldog
by Alison White, on Flickr

he/she looks a bit grumpy.

He is recovering from an op so possibly looking grumpier than normal for a bulldog

lovely to see that your sister has given a 'new' start to her new addition

It certainly is a new start he is still a Puppy but came from a rescue charity. He is also already bigger than the Adult French Bulldog in the background

Thank you all for your comments

Last edited:
New - What a beaut. Like others have said, the yellow in the bottom corner is a bit distracting. I prefer it in colour one black and white. I think it gives him a bit more character but I like the crop you did on it.

Clean - White on white. Very brave. Haha. Like it. Nice and simple but in a good way. Better after your play with the white balance I think.

I really like white on white shots but they are tricky to do and you have done it well. Definitely think the edit with the white balance change is the better one and is a really strong shot.

Very brave a white on white image. Really liking your edited version whites look a lot better.

Hi Alison

New dog in the family excellent, I prefer the colour sad looking one better, shame about his ear.

Clean, very simple and works well for it. Nice shadows.

Pete

I like those old gateways on churches there's not that many of them left now, nice to have the church in the BG too.

Was open taken on a phone or something it seems to lack detail and sharpness.
I'm a fan of those gates and churches in general purely for the buildings.

I like those old gateways on churches there's not that many of them left now, nice to have the church in the BG too.

Like Allan I like those old gateways like that too, we have one here in Hove with the church in the BG too.
On your image I like how the sun is hitting the steeple in the BG and it is a lovely image too.

Hiya,

New - He doesn't look grumpy at all just very cuddly :) I like the mono tighter crop that you did. I think that really works.
Clean - Cracking photo that. Nice and minimalist and perfect for the theme (y)
Open - Well seen. Perfect for the theme too. I find myself wanting to shave the tiny bit off the right hand side of the image though.

Back