motorbikes old/new...open thread??

A mate of mine was a dispatch rider in Lungdung for 9 months - on an RD350! Not a scratch until he went home and got smacked off 1/4 mile or so from home.

Very few liquid cooled bike engines look good IMO. Even the Triumph Rocket III's motor only looks OK because most of it is hidden behind exhausts, oil tanks etc; as a slab it's just a slab! They have kept the Bonnie motors looking OK by keeping the fins on the barrels and head and by keeping the radiator reasonably small.

Neat way to hide the number plate when parked up!

That's how I remember the last 3 letters of my fresh car's registration number (needed for some parking meters).

I was behind a police Ford that suddenly started smoking that badly a couple of days ago. Guessing his turbo was cooked.

Still got a spare BSA Bantam tank in my garage loft, complete with a fuel cap that has a cup attached for measuring the correct amount of 2-stroke oil to each gallon of petrol.

I was behind a police Ford that suddenly started smoking that badly a couple of days ago. Guessing his turbo was cooked.

Still got a spare BSA Bantam tank in my garage loft, complete with a fuel cap that has a cup attached for measuring the correct amount of 2-stroke oil to each gallon of petrol.

Or the valve shaft sealings. I had this problem with my 76 VW Golf. Same effect ... ---

This went from clear to a cloud of smoke, valve guide seals tend to be more progressive.

Hi all I have just joined this forum , and straight away I find 1 thing I am passionate about motorcycles , but I don't know how to post pictures

Hi all I have just joined this forum , and straight away I find 1 thing I am passionate about motorcycles , but I don't know how to post pictures

Hi welcome aboard, you just need to start a reply and click on attach files then go to your photo folder and select the photo you want to share. Once it has uploaded you have to select full image to show the full image in the reply.

Hi welcome aboard, you just need to start a reply and click on attach files then go to your photo folder and select the photo you want to share. Once it has uploaded you have to select full image to show the full image in the reply.
Thanks Topsy that wasn't showing earlier , I took this beast around Europe last year with my daughter on the back , we did Spain , France , Italy , Switzerland and then back into France before catching a ferry home 55744507_2315146915383711_433237633229914112_o.jpg

Last edited:
Nice bike - small but nice! (Used to have a Rocket III so can say that!!!)

Nice bike! Small but nice!!! ;) Only a few more years before she can ride it on the road (legally...)

Nice bike! Small but nice!!! ;) Only a few more years before she can ride it on the road (legally...)
Yes we have a big open green near us for now , and its really quiet so it doesn't disturb anyone .

I'd look like a McGuire twin on a Monkey bike! Was 1/2 tempted but they're a bit too expensive for a toy and, see left!!!

Back