Daily MWHCVT(Matt's) Challenge 366 - 2012 - Part Deux

He don't come cheap ;) but is amazing :D

I am my own gardener, self employed doing garden maintenance, so if i do try this challenge expect to see lots of flowers. I am out and about somewhere different every day so plenty of opportunities for different shots.

I am my own gardener, self employed doing garden maintenance, so if i do try this challenge expect to see lots of flowers. I am out and about somewhere different every day so plenty of opportunities for different shots.
That sounds like a public statement of commitment to me (y)

Sounds good (y)

That sounds like a public statement of commitment to me (y)

What to do your gardening or a POTD ;)

I need something to push me to try to improve. I really enjoy my odd couple of grabbed hours now and again out with the camera, i just need to make more time more often. Combining work with photography might be the answer ;)

I need something to push me to try to improve. I really enjoy my odd couple of grabbed hours now and again out with the camera, i just need to make more time more often. Combining work with photography might be the answer ;)
Both if he has the time :LOL:

I started all those 664 days ago because I wanted to learn more and try new things, and you know what I'm still learning :D and still enjoying it (y)

Nice Matt, lovely pastel shades and nice DOF

Thanks Dave, I'm really pleased that you like it :D

Matt

Phil now i'm looking forward to seeing you FUTURE 365 challenge because i'm a big lover of flower shots also !! So you have my support(y)

Day 300 - Locked in

I had plans this evening to have a nice little session playing with some new light painting toys, but ironically shortly after starting to play it became apparent that we had been locked into the locks the gates to the car park had been locked :bang: so we had to stop and find out how to escape the locks as we were due at work in 90 minutes :eek:

300/366 (665) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

So some what unusually this is a high ISO long exposure, I don't think that it's bad for ISO4000 :eek:

Matt
MWHCVT

Good long exposure there Matt... Im liking the glow on the building complimented by the movement in the cloud cover..

Good long exposure there Matt... Im liking the glow on the building complimented by the movement in the cloud cover..

Thanks Kev, I'm pleased with how this one has come out I just wish we had got the time to do a bit of light painting there :(

Dark Knight said:
Looks very nice Matt !!!!

Love the movement in the water reflections, yet the water so still looking (y)

It's funny is shot two on the exact same setting and one got a great reflection other totally different with hardly any reflection :LOL: glad you like it :D

Day 301 - Dirty Devil

This is my 666th POTD and I just couldn't resist taking a pictures of my brother-in-law's rather dirty disco, who said with a car photo that it has to be spotless :LOL: :cautious:

301/366 (666) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Believe it or not it's actually bright orange :help:

Matt
MWHCVT

Matt...could you not have cloned some of the mud off... :D

Brilliant shot really.. Captured the spirit of an off roader !!

Matt...could you not have cloned some of the mud off... :D

Brilliant shot really.. Captured the spirit of an off roader !!

I cloned a little extra mud in there actually ";) look ma, no number plate :LOL:" glad you like it, will have to go out with him in it soon :D

Day 302 - Fish Love

And no that's not a confession Pete :razz: As the clocks go back and the long dark nights get here you can expect to see my beloved 450D and Fisheye to come out to play a little more :D

302/366 (667) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Matt
MWHCVT

Nice concept Matt, alot more indoor photography for us all I think !! But then again i'm a lover of the dark night for several reasons (No i'm not a vampire)

if it's dry I'll be out mate, glad you like it :D

BobBCN said:
love that muddy car shot, and the long exposure shot! I must try some experiments varying the ISO on long exposures.

Truth be known I'd have gone for a lower ISO and longer exposure but I haven't sorted my flat battery on my trigger yet :bang: glad you like them (y)

The fallen branch bugs me a bit, but I really like the muddy truck image !!!!!

I did consider removing it but in the end decided to keep it as it sort of stuck with the go anywhere look, but that my have been a little disillusion in hindsight ;)

Day 303 - V(m)

That's 5 "M" lot's of alliteration going in the next sentence :D

Macro Monday with Money Memories of Malta (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

Nice shot and nicely 'coined' phrase!! How about a bit of German and changes to only have 'Ms'?

i.e. Memorable Macro Monday 'Mit' Maltese Money Memories :bonk:

or kick out the German ...... Memorable Macro Monday Makes Maltese Money Memories :bonk: :bonk:

Last edited:
Nice shot and nicely 'coined' phrase!! How about a bit of German and changes to only have 'Ms'?

i.e. Memorable Macro Monday 'Mit' Maltese Money Memories :bonk:

or kick out the German ...... Memorable Macro Monday Makes Maltese Money Memories :bonk: :bonk:

Thanks Bob, I'm glad that you like my alliteration stills and the photo too (y)

Macro Mondays work really really well , loving the composition and focus point (y)(y)

I'll be honest yesterday was an absolute nightmare of a macro Monday, it spent a couple of hours working on my focus stacking to fail miserable so then shot this very close to the wire :bang: so I'm glad that you like it :D

Matt

Day 304 - Great Work

This evening I had planned to do a little bit of light trail fun for my POTD and had a think about a location that would offer me a decent chance of a good sunset position, on a arriving on location it soon became clear that plans had changed when I got there there were all of the emergency services on the motorway and the air ambulance overhead, I had my long lens in the car so changed to that and got this close up of the air ambulance (y)

304/366 (669) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Matt
MWHCVT

Back