Daily MWHCVT(Matt's) Challenge 366 - 2012 - Part Deux

MWHCVT

In Memoriam
Name
Matthew
Edit My Images
Yes
Since my thread was getting a little bit large and having consulted with the team I've decided that the rest of 2012's challenge will be completed in this thread (y)

This is the first thread HERE

Thanks to the great support I've had from everyone in that thread it's got so long that it really was time to start a new thread :D

Day 257 - Pink Very Pink

Today I collected a very nice little Sigma 105mm 2.8 Macro so I suspect that you'll be seeing a few macro's in the challenge in the coming days :D

257/366 (622) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Matt
MWHCVT

Day 258 - Golden Wonder

Actually these are only pound coins not actually gold coins, but they looked so shiny and new that they looked almost golden and made for a wonderful macro subject for today (y)

258/366 (623) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Matt
MWHCVT

You had me worried there seeing your thread locked :eek:

Excellent colour from the coins Matt, were they lit naturally ??

Sorry ;) it was getting a little long as a personal thread, so I had a chat with Marcel and he said it would probably be best to move onto a part two of the thread thread for the last third or so of the year, and to be honest I agree, it's all down to the great level of support I've been getting (y)

Glad you like it :D it's actually lit with my flashgun angled to bounce off the wall to camera right with a slight upward angle to also bounce a little off the ceiling and it came out well and then into PS to tweak the RAW a little (y)

Just sorting out my POTD for today, it was taken at about 4am :D

Matt

4am... you loonatic :D

What can I say myself and a couple of other TPers had just finished work :D mad when you have two other members of the family on the forum :cautious:

Day 259 - Wire Wool Wakeup

Nothing like burning up a bit of Wire Wool after a long night in the club to wake you up (y) this was shot over the canal near to Hockley Heath in Warwickshire, even at the silly hour that this was done we still managed to get some funny looks from a passing car :LOL:

259/366 (624) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Matt
MWHCVT

Great work Matt ! ou certainly are a night owl.

You'll learn that when you get out with is one of these fine nights (y) we have a lot of fun once the sun has left for the day (y) glad you like it :D

2 other family members are members, that's a bit comfortable :)

Nice spin Matt !!! I like the reflection

Thanks mate, and it really is great having family that also love there photography, you've met one of them of course, Darrell (thedodo) is my cousins husband, and also we have Mike (m_hancox) who is my cousin :D

When I get the right kit I will be out (y)

What are you currently lacking, all you need to come out with us other than your camera/lens is a trigger and a tripod :D

Matt

What are you currently lacking, all you need to come out with us other than your camera/lens is a trigger and a tripod :D

Matt[/QUOTE]

Trigger missing I think all new to me Matt:bonk:

Matt

Trigger missing I think all new to me Matt:bonk:[/QUOTE]

Well that's no excuse ;) you can get one for less than a tenner, so get your trigger and give me a shout, we can go out and take some night photos (y)

Matt it's all new to me , I haven't done either !

So I will start with the easiest :bonk:

Well the easiest for me to teach you would be a little bit of light trail fun (y)

Sounds like a plan (y)

I'm just thinking of the best location for you to get some light trail action, remind me again but your in the north side of the county? where abouts?

Hiya Matt :wave: Really liking the coins with your macro lens, nice bit of lighting too. But I really like the wire wool shot from this morning, nice reflection. Must give this ago sometime.

Yeah you must give it a go it's such a lot of fun, I'm looking forward to taking wire wool on tour to the north in December :D the coins I'm really pleased with how they've come out :D

Matt

Day 260 - Pixel Peeping

Inspied by friend and amazing photographer Gary Randall but nothing like as good as his version :( but I feel uwful, I've pulled something in my ribs earlier this evening and it hurts like hell :(

260/366 (625) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Matt
MWHCVT

:wave:Hi Matt

You have taken the time out to comment and critique on my photo's so for the past hour I have been going through your thread's, I'm not going to pick a fav, way too many, I'm not even going to try and critique, way too many.

What I will do is list words that came into my head whilst going through:

Inspirational, Amazing, How?, Great Composure, Does he sleep? Emotional, Cool, Nice, Detail, wow, wow, and wow..........

List could go on but keep up the good work, :)

:wave:Hi Matt

You have taken the time out to comment and critique on my photo's so for the past hour I have been going through your thread's, I'm not going to pick a fav, way too many, I'm not even going to try and critique, way too many.

What I will do is list words that came into my head whilst going through:

Inspirational, Amazing, How?, Great Composure, Does he sleep? Emotional, Cool, Nice, Detail, wow, wow, and wow..........

List could go on but keep up the good work, :)

Thanks Matt, that's really appreciated, it's been a long journy so far and I'm still learning each and every day but your comments are very much appreciated, I do sleep I promise, though some times not a lot :(

Interesting picture Matt, how was that done?

Thanks Michael, it was done with my new macro lens, and my laptop screen, laying the screen flat and then putting a drop of water on it, I also put up a blank white screen on my opening up notepad ;)

Matt

Thanks Matt, not come across that style before.

It was inspired by a photographer friend of mine and if I can find his version I'll had a link to it as his was amazing, far better than my version (y)

Hi Matt.

Just came across your new thread. Loving the pink macro and the wire wool, great stuff.

Phil.

Hi Matt.

Just came across your new thread. Loving the pink macro and the wire wool, great stuff.

Phil.

Thanks Phil, yeah the old thread was getting a little too long and will a little under a 1/3 of the year to go I deceded it was time to move on to a second part (y)

I'm pleased with both of them so I'm glad you like them (y)

Matt

Day 261 - Macro Monday's

Starting a new tradition for myself, with the new macro lens you will now have Macro Monday's from me, I love macro so it's nice to be able to do it for a little bit more (y) this is the centre of Petunia (y)

261/366 (626) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Matt
MWHCVT

Back