Daily My Daily Photos

105/
Winds up again and snow on the hills. Went for a ride with a friend and came across a field with hundreds of Canada Geese grazing and after searching all the geese managed to find two or a pair of Barnacle Geese. On the way home visited a river near Pwllheli and after a while saw a pair of Dippers. Common Scoters at Criccieth far out to sea riding the waves.
Canada and Barnacle.jpg Two Dippers.jpg

Thank you, most kind. I haven't taken any photos yet to-day apart from the 52's, been to lunch and sat knitting. :D

107/
Left it a bit late in the day for an exciting photo, so here is the pile of old fencing posts the farmer drop into my shed for me. I use a bow saw and an ancient horse and make all into little pieces to burn. Some are awful to saw and I give them away to someone with a big log burner.
I could have use the photo for the 52's but I think I can find something more exciting.
P1140009.jpg

108/
A friends daughter was told she would never have a baby after getting cancer but miracles do happen and this has to be the most gorgeous baby I have ever seen, now one month old.
P1140014.jpg

Heavens Shirley, has spring come early in your neck of the woods? No sign of anything in our garden.

That is a very nice clear shot of the flower heads - definite like from me.

108/
A friends daughter was told she would never have a baby after getting cancer but miracles do happen and this has to be the most gorgeous baby I have ever seen, now one month old.
View attachment 97027

What a beautiful photo Shirley, and a Big congrats to the Happy family (y)(y)(y)

110/
4C raw cold, rain on and on it comes down.
The mist still hanging on the sea, put a filter on the photo, makes it more interesting.
Rain again.jpg

111/
Had high hopes for a sunny day until it started to drizzle and again it just carried on and on and on. Ended up birding from a shed which is ok'ish.
Caught sight of a Goldcrest feeding, a real test for photography.
Goldcrest 6th March 2017.jpg Goldcrest March 2017.jpg Goldcrest take off.jpg Goldfinch 6th Feb 2017.jpg

Last edited:
That second one with the wing movement is great - well done Shirley.

Thanks again to you both, its a bit of a challenge to get an interesting photo every day. The fact that all three of us like birding is a bonus. I've started my own Facebook group on wild birds of the Lleyn peninsula, every day I search for something to post on it but its got to be good or the few tops birders I managed to get to join will soon get fed up. In actual fact the group is for the beautiful birds like garden and ciuntryside.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/682203105274037/?ref=bookmarks

Last edited:
113/
People are coming to find the Iceland Gull but there is a slight hitch in the form of a Buzzard. He cleared the Gulls yesterday and he's back to-day and watching and waiting.
IMG_2490.jpg IMG_2530.jpg IMG_2865.jpg

#2 and #3 for me Shirley - well done.

Last edited:
114/
Walking in the wood to-day and forgot to take nuts and the Blue Tits were coming closer and closer, ideal for a photo. Whilst further away a Great Spotted Woodpecker was looking for something.
Blue Tit from the wood.jpg IMG_3079.jpg IMG_3102.jpg

@Shirleyr You have some really nice shots up now, just a question, do you use Spot metering on your camera for the birds ?
I try to, as I am trying to get the subject as sharp as I can. I'm trying very hard not to push the camera down when pressing the shutter.

I usually take feed, the Blue and Great Tits always perch close to me and then I sprinkle seed here and there, I forgot to take feed the other day and the Blue Tit in the photo came so close and I took an easy photo. If I leave feeders then the squirrels tear them to pieces.

I use Corel but I cannot clone anything out because I fiddle about and then give in. I used to be able to do it but I upgraded and then forgot. I do have a manual but don't really get interested enough to read it.

Back