weekly My first TP 52 challenge 2014- Week 13- 31 added

Welcome James! My first year at this too so I'll be looking for some feedback too.

Hi James & welcome to the 52's..........

Good luck with your project , look forward to seeing your shots (y)

I like it.

First look i thought that a red card in among the black cards would have been better but thats because i thought it would have stuck out more. The fact it takes a few looks and is very subtle appeals to me.

I like it.

First look i thought that a red card in among the black cards would have been better but thats because i thought it would have stuck out more. The fact it takes a few looks and is very subtle appeals to me.
Good start nice idea I like it very much, as mentioned above very subtle image well done keep up the good work.
Great DOF and nice subject, well done.
Thank you all. pretty happy with it for week 1

Nice one for not going for the obvious.

I like the low angle and DOF is good.

I'd like to see better symmetry. For me these close up photographs have to be very precise. That is the spacing of the cards has to be spot on. You've done a decent job but I feel if the cards were better aligned it would work better. Also the clipped Ace drew my attention.

Good start.

Cheers.

Nice one for not going for the obvious.

I like the low angle and DOF is good.

I'd like to see better symmetry. For me these close up photographs have to be very precise. That is the spacing of the cards has to be spot on. You've done a decent job but I feel if the cards were better aligned it would work better. Also the clipped Ace drew my attention.

Good start.

Cheers.
Thanks, didnt mean to clip the ace. will be more careful in cropping next time

I like it - took a few looks to get it - at first I thought but 2 isn't odd then I saw the black card - d'oh !

Hi James, same crit as everyone else really, better symmetry, clipping the ace and the light is a tad harsh in the foreground
Nice idea and good DoF oh and I do agree about using mostly black card with the one red

Well done with the first effort James. A nice idea, well executed. I'm just weighing up doing a 52 myself this year!
Thanks, do it. its worth doing!
I like it - took a few looks to get it - at first I thought but 2 isn't odd then I saw the black card - d'oh !
haha easy mistake to make
Hi James, same crit as everyone else really, better symmetry, clipping the ace and the light is a tad harsh in the foreground
Nice idea and good DoF oh and I do agree about using mostly black card with the one red
Thank you for your feedback

Hi JAmes

great start to your project.....like the use of DOF & color to draw attention to the ODD one (y) As an OCD type the spacing of the cards send me into a whirl:runaway: It would have been so easy to do an SC job on this but that would have been too obvious...well done for avoiding it :)

Hi JAmes

great start to your project.....like the use of DOF & color to draw attention to the ODD one (y) As an OCD type the spacing of the cards send me into a whirl:runaway: It would have been so easy to do an SC job on this but that would have been too obvious...well done for avoiding it :)
Thank you, the spacing was random so that it looks like a hand of cards just layed out on a table after a game :)

Maybe a wider DOF to separate the ODD card more, but the idea works for me.
Good start
clear.png

Hi James - Welcome to the 52's :)

Odd - Really like this... my only crit would be the clipped Ace card, other than that, like the narrow DoF and the overall lighting, Great Start (y)
Hi James, I like it too, I almost missed the single black card in there, the clipped ace card is a minor niggle. A great start.

Thank you both, will be careful with the crop next time

Hi james, good start. I like the idea. I the DOF is really working for me in the back cards but the foreground is too blown out for my taste. I like the low angle and subtlety in the theme. I look forward to the rest of your 52.

Hi all,

Firstly thanks for all the comments and feedback on my bonus week and I feel I've learnt a lot already.
originally I planned on a row of trees about an hour from my house but the weather has been so terrible that i'm haven't had a chance and school starting again makes it impossible. Instead I took some pencils on a white background with lines of colour. Here's 2 of my favourite images.

Week 2- Line
by Planetjamez, on Flickr

Week 2- Line
by Planetjamez, on Flickr

As always comments and criticism is welcome.

Good idea - lots of colourful lines. I prefer the 2nd image - it looks cleaner and the white balance looks to be truer.

Hi, James, bloomin' weather eh :)

Its on theme, but looks a tad rushed. The BG looks grey/brown and I'd prefer the pencils in line and straight pencil lines. I feel it would work better with my symmetry.

Well done for week 1....before you know it, it'll be week 52 :)

Cheers.

Two good images but I do prefer the second image better.
Good idea - lots of colourful lines. I prefer the 2nd image - it looks cleaner and the white balance looks to be truer.
Thank you, I prefer that one too
Hi, James, bloomin' weather eh :)

Its on theme, but looks a tad rushed. The BG looks grey/brown and I'd prefer the pencils in line and straight pencil lines. I feel it would work better with my symmetry.

Well done for week 1....before you know it, it'll be week 52 :)

Cheers.
must admit it was a bit rushed, back to school tomorrow! Should probably have multiple attempts at each theme during the week and post my favourite each friday. In fact ill probably do that in future weeks

Hi James,
good idea the second one works slightly better but there is something about the pencils which is ruining it

Back