weekly My first TP 52 challenge 2014- Week 13- 31 added

Hi James,
good idea the second one works slightly better but there is something about the pencils which is ruining it
I agree, not overly happy with this week. Will try and get some better ones during the week depending how busy school is.

Number 2 for me too james, the white balance is spot on and the focal point is a lot sharper. If I could help it any I'd say a slight clockwise rotation would improve it. :)

I prefer the first photograph with deep DOF as it makes the most of the drawn lines. The Shallow DOF in the second photo the lines except one are lost.

Hi James :)

Lines/Linear - I like the Focus on the first but the processing on the second, the second still looks a bit off on the WB but is certainly closer to the right spot, lined up pencils as said would finish it off nicely - Great start (y)

Oooo and Good luck back at school and with the next shots :)

I prefer the first photograph with deep DOF as it makes the most of the drawn lines. The Shallow DOF in the second photo the lines except one are lost.
Hi James :)

Lines/Linear - I like the Focus on the first but the processing on the second, the second still looks a bit off on the WB but is certainly closer to the right spot, lined up pencils as said would finish it off nicely - Great start (y)

Oooo and Good luck back at school and with the next shots :)
Cheers

#2 does it for me. I like the use of DOF and the bright colours. Nice concept, well executed.

2nd one for me too James, as already been mentioned, pencil tips lined up (but kept at same angle) and possibly a wider crop for me :)

Hi James

#2 for as well with lines , wb better , focus on the 1st pencil super sharp (y) My OCD however wants the pencils in a straight line but quite likes the wavy lines ....:)

Hi James, nice idea and well executed, agree with Andy about somewhere more photogenic to me it all looks a bit cramped,
but still an excellent take on the theme

Nice candid, shame about the door frame but that's just unlucky.

good effort - not made it easy for yourself by having yourself behind yourself...

But it looks like you've gone round with a hard, fairly large brush which has is noticable at the full res size, either a softer brush to feather the merge, or more accurate selection (magnetic lassoo tool is my tool of choice), would sharpen this area up greatly.

(y) for posting the full res, as it gives a chance to have a close look and see where you can improve, this issue is not noticable on the small size posted in the thread. ;)

Great idea though, and this type of image, done well, I really love. Love to see you give it another go in one of the coming weeks!

Nicely done, but as others have said, would have preferred a bit more room around the subject.

Good take on the theme James, most things already been covered above :)

I suppose it helped being one of triplets :whistle: :D

Nicely executed shot. Feels a bit cramped but that's down to the location which you might not have been able to control. Sometimes you have to play the cards your dealt (forgive the pun).

Nice idea - how did you manage the multiple exposures? Apart from the comment about cramped look, think there might be a slight colour cast that could be fixed with a tweak to WB.

Nice idea - how did you manage the multiple exposures? Apart from the comment about cramped look, think there might be a slight colour cast that could be fixed with a tweak to WB.
Play: I'd lover to know how you did this! Stacking of multiple shots?
I took 3 different shots using a remote and then added them as layers and erasing everything but the subject (except the background of course)

Nicely executed shot. Feels a bit cramped but that's down to the location which you might not have been able to control. Sometimes you have to play the cards your dealt (forgive the pun).
Good take on the theme James, most things already been covered above :)

I suppose it helped being one of triplets :whistle: :D
good effort - not made it easy for yourself by having yourself behind yourself...

But it looks like you've gone round with a hard, fairly large brush which has is noticable at the full res size, either a softer brush to feather the merge, or more accurate selection (magnetic lassoo tool is my tool of choice), would sharpen this area up greatly.

(y) for posting the full res, as it gives a chance to have a close look and see where you can improve, this issue is not noticable on the small size posted in the thread. ;)

Great idea though, and this type of image, done well, I really love. Love to see you give it another go in one of the coming weeks!
Nice candid, shame about the door frame but that's just unlucky.
Hi James, nice idea and well executed, agree with Andy about somewhere more photogenic to me it all looks a bit cramped,
but still an excellent take on the theme
Very good take on the theme and very well executed great shot.
Very nicely done - a good idea and very well executed.

Thank you all for your comments. Really enjoyed this one

I must have looked at this a few times before realising that the people were all the same !! Brilliantly done (your not a triplet are you)

I quite like the door, a slightly different angle could have given the impression of someone sneaking a look.
The only suggestion I have, well 2 actually, is it may have been more interesting to have one of you laying some cards down, that would have also introduced a diagonal if it had been one of the side yous!
The other thing is something I discovered when I do these with the grandchildren, when I have them in one of the locations I get them to try different poses and take a few shots. Once they are all in the computer I have a greater joice about what poses to use. Apologies if you already do this.
I do like this though and it has been well done, I often try to avoid overlaps :)

Nice work James. Shame you're not doing the ETC too!
Probably a stupid question but whats the ETC?
I quite like the door, a slightly different angle could have given the impression of someone sneaking a look.
The only suggestion I have, well 2 actually, is it may have been more interesting to have one of you laying some cards down, that would have also introduced a diagonal if it had been one of the side yous!
The other thing is something I discovered when I do these with the grandchildren, when I have them in one of the locations I get them to try different poses and take a few shots. Once they are all in the computer I have a greater joice about what poses to use. Apologies if you already do this.
I do like this though and it has been well done, I often try to avoid overlaps :)
Thanks for this tips

Back