Daily My late start 366 - BobBCN

Today's definitely a first! This shot is the same tunnel as before but a bit further in BUT taken on my cheap mobile - a Nokia C52 (23 euros worth of phone!) I actually use it for my 'research' - you know, snapping something I find of interest with a view to returning with the real camera. But I thought I'd process it a bit (contrast, b/w conversion) and post on here.

Maybe it wouldn't have been that obvious that it was from a mobile phone ... at least to my untrained eye anyway. :LOL:

283/366 (2012) Tunnel shot by Nokia!

283 by BobBCN, on Flickr​

Of course, when compared with the detail on 281 the difference is clear.

Last edited:
Is OCD some photographic term, or the one we usually associate with those three letters?

Anyway, whatever .................

Here's my 286/366 (2012)

Just a tighter crop of an image I posted on the 52 challenge for the theme of change. It's the Estelada (starred flag) which represents the movement for the Independence of Catalonia from Spain.

286 by BobBCN, on Flickr​

It's the more general one mate, I have slight OCD for things like my long exposures I will always aim to finish on a round number, or shot's like that I mentioned it on it just has to be dead perfect central, I'll spend ages composing and checking shots like that :bang:

It's the more general one mate, I have slight OCD for things like my long exposures I will always aim to finish on a round number, or shot's like that I mentioned it on it just has to be dead perfect central, I'll spend ages composing and checking shots like that :bang:

Well, OCD covers so many things, but I reckon one that is to do with photography is essentially a healthy one to have.

Anyway, moving on to today's shot ..............

The heavens opened, the rain came down like stair rods ..... so a longish exposure of motorcycles as the trafffic went by.

287/366 (2012)

287 by BobBCN, on Flickr​

290/366 (2012)

Throwing this in a day ahead (Well, a couple of hours really ...) and for fun!

Thing is, we went to Lloret de Mar for a volleyball match and before the game I spotted this bronze statue. It's called The Fisherman's Wife and she's sort of looking out to sea waiting for her beloved to return with a lobster or two etc etc

Anyway, her pose just seemed right, given the occasion, for a bit of Gimp!

My daughter's team also returned home after a hotly disputed 3-0 victory. One of the sets ended 31-29 - well, if you know about volleyball you'll understand that!!!

Here she is ..............about to serve!!!

The Serve by BobBCN, on Flickr​

That police car almost looks like it's primed but waiting to spring into action while keeping in the shadows :thinking: nice capture :D

Yeah I know what you mean ... sort of tucked away round the corner. The policemen were nowhere in sight (probably in a bar) which was lucky as they'd probabbly have clapped me in irons.

291/366 (2012)

Just a detail of the hand (without the volleyball ball!) ........

291 by BobBCN, on Flickr​

I really like that detail (y) that said the volleyball edit is great too (y)

Cheers Matt!

Feeling abstract so something different .....

If you have ever driven in Spain you will have seen these canopies at the petrol stations. Really just a quick snap before driving off.

292/366 (2012)

292 by BobBCN, on Flickr​

Probably a different angle to eliminate that wedge of blown sky would have helped make the shot better.

Jumping ahead to reach my first 300 .....

296/366 (2012)

Keeping time ......

296 by BobBCN, on Flickr​

297/366 (2012)

Something unusual ....... it's got a kind of HDR look, but it ain't....

297 by BobBCN, on Flickr​

298/366 (2012)

Something different (from me at least) .... I think it was a church/monastery once upon a time but now it's disused, I imagine.

298 by BobBCN, on Flickr​

299 and 300/366 (2012)

Lightning striking twice, first attempts and reasonably happy ....

299 by BobBCN, on Flickr

300 by BobBCN, on Flickr​

Some brilliant photos since my last visit well I have to say I love the lightning and I'm a little jealous I would love to catch mainly a great lightning storm like that but we just don't seem to get them in my area, the wine glasses are wonderful :)

Some brilliant photos since my last visit well I have to say I love the lightning and I'm a little jealous I would love to catch mainly a great lightning storm like that but we just don't seem to get them in my area, the wine glasses are wonderful :)

Cheers Matt! I think I was lucky to get the lightning shots - all very hit and miss stuff. (y)

Some great shots again Bob... love the lightning :clap: how on earth did you capture them ??

Cheers DK!

I was up on the roof during the storm. Same technique as light trails etc Tripod, manual setting (f22, 400 ISO, 'bulb'). I just left the camera open until the lightning flashed (from about 20 secs to a minute). There was a lot of lightning at the time but most of it was not where the camera was pointing! :shake:

A fair bit of luck involved I suppose .......

Cheers DK!

I was up on the roof during the storm. Same technique as light trails etc Tripod, manual setting (f22, 400 ISO, 'bulb'). I just left the camera open until the lightning flashed (from about 20 secs to a minute). There was a lot of lightning at the time but most of it was not where the camera was pointing! :shake:

A fair bit of luck involved I suppose .......
Ah Haaaaaaaa so makes sense now... I'm going to have to have a go next time we have a storm :clap:

Back