weekly Naka's 52 for 2016: Week 17 - Rough

Yes, nicely on theme. I quite like the colour tint too. :clap:

Thank you :D Came to me when I saw the chain and padlock. It took me a while to decide on which processing to go with, I'm glad it works.

Nicely processed it suits it well (y)

Thank you Jon and Cobra. Yes very sad indeed. We used to go to that park when younger and my children have been to it once (my niece and nephew several times).

Like your take on the theme it’s got that cold abandoned look (y)

Such a shame to close the park for a single injury, when I think of what we played on as kids...
Not sure if I would have focused on the gate or on something in the park itself but I appreciate where you're coming from.
With the lock as a focus point, I may have been tempted to put it on the right or left 1/3rd.

Is it Tim! Let's hope they do but I won't hold my breath.
I appreciate what you say about the lock being on right or left 1/3rd. I saw if when I got back but it was cold. I could have cropped but then would have lost some of the photo which show it up. I also thought about focusing on the rides inside. The first photos I took were focused on them, before I spotted the lock. Thanks for the pointer.

My photo for camouflage. Not the greatest unfortunately. I found this in my fridge of all places!!! No idea how it got in there :eek: Taken using extension tubes and a 50mm on my Minolta.
24338092393_d8219d412b_z.jpg

Abandoned, Like your take on the theme, seems sad for the play area, like the processing too.

Camouflaged, creepy, must have ben small for the uses of tubes,

Hmmm! Interesting - must have come in with the leafy stuff I suppose. Not sure what it is but at least you got some practice with the extension tubes eh!

See, this is why I avoid vegetables [emoji23]

Good capture if it's as small as it appears / sounds. The image itself seems quite flat though and wonder if some PP might bring it alive a bit (figuratively speaking thank god).

I really like the abandoned shot too btw.

See, this is why I avoid vegetables [emoji23]
Good capture if it's as small as it appears / sounds. The image itself seems quite flat though and wonder if some PP might bring it alive a bit (figuratively speaking thank god).

I really like the abandoned shot too btw.
But they're good for you Ian!! [emoji23]
Some PP would definitely help it. I didn't really have much time to spend on it. Figuratively speaking of course :eek:

Attachments

• clear[1].png
    clear[1].png
    137 bytes · Views: 5
  • clear[1].png
    clear[1].png
    137 bytes · Views: 5
Very good, looks like the most genuinely dangerous so far, like the sinister lighting

Dangerous, I wasn't keen on the underexposed photograph, but it works rather well with the theme.

A little motion blur would work as well.

Cheers.

Thanks for your comment posiview. Doesn't suit everyone I guess. I wanted a dark feel because of the theme.

Abandoned - fits the theme, b&w suits the theme.

Camouflage - eeeewww yuck, not sure I'd like to find that in my fridge. Image does a seem a bit soft sadly.

Danger - I am going to have to agree with posiviews comments.

Danger(ous) -really like this, good idea. The lighting is spot on.

Pinkbikerbabe, I was using extension tubes for the camouflage so some softness is there. I know dangerous won't be to everyone's taste but thank you for looking though [emoji5] out of interest, how would you (and posiview) have lit it?
Thank you purplepleaser.

Ouch - that looks Dangerous Naka. b&w was the right choice for that dramatic look - think probably needs a bit more tension showing in both hands to add more authenticity. Good idea.

Back