weekly Naka's 52 for 2016: Week 17 - Rough

spiky I like the good PoV on the grass and nice vibrant colour
Reshoot I like the reflection.
Artificial - just right for the theme
Personal - good combination shot well processed
Effort - I like the 1st on best the second one reminds me of my school report I often got a B for effort but only a C for achievement.

Thank you minx. Those dreaded school reports. C would have spelt more than trouble [emoji52][emoji57]

Technology
26321677821_67a632a596_c.jpg

Horizontal
26321677271_ed28eac85b_c.jpg

Horizontal take 2
26387882275_3b7917dc18_c.jpg

Hi Naka. Don't think your link is working from the main page - worth taking a look. Technology is spot on theme - like the lighting ... and the grub looks colourful and interesting. Both Horizontals work but I prefer #2 for the simplicity of it and the fact that the viewer is tempted to work out what the image is beyond the blind. :clap:

Hi Naka

I like your image for Technology works well I do find the highlight slightly distracting

I really like your first image for horizontal love the leading lines and DOF

Hi, it's my first visit to your thread after my own big catch-up, so I've just had a gallop through your images and picked out some favourites so far.

Happy is spot on for the theme and made me smile too. Such a wide smile and those crumbs, too. Definitely happy!
The Living World - lovely colours and sharp details, good use of DOF, and I like your composition and the way you've positioned the flowers low in the frame.
Personal - a great idea, very well positioned and captured.
Technology - a nice contrast between the blacks of the pan and hob with the colours of the cooking food. It looks tasty, too!
Horizontal - and now I'm up to date :) Both images work well, but I do like #2 with that interesting glimpse of what lies outside. It works well in B&W too (y)

I'll be following in future so hopefully I'll stay up to date now :)

Hi Naka

Technology - an interesting take on it and you've captured the scene well, but it's not doing as much for me as so many of your other photos do.

Horizontal - I love the keyboard shot. The conversion works well and compositionally, it just really works and hangs together perfectly. Great job (y)

Thank you Paul. Can you pinpoint why technology doesn't do it for you?

Of course and sorry for not doing that in my comments. It's an overall "feel" thing for me - technically the shot is there but I find the technology (cooker controls) and the frying pan and contents fighting for my attention a bit. Maybe I'm just simple and like a single focal point!

Thank you Dark Knight :)

A question for you all. Does the leg of the stand bother you on the keyboard shot (far right)?

Not very inspired or original I'm afraid. It's what I thought of first, and really could have done better. But difficult to get out with my daughter. The places I could think of have no reasonable parking nearby.
26497061986_d75236081c_c.jpg

It's Vast all right ... and so beautiful to see here at long last. Nicely taken avoiding blown highlights.

Thank you Dark and Downton. Unfortunately the birds and planes all seem to have vacated this area at the time I took the photo! The only other thing would have been a few stalks from trees, but I felt that ruined it.

Horizontal - I like both but the blinds work best for the theme
Vast - lovely simple blue sky

Good fit for the theme and well photographed but I find it lacks a bit of punch

Rough - nice simple composition and the texture is clear

Rough, a simple, well composed submission.

Cheers.
Rough - nice simple composition and the texture is clear
There's nothing much more vast than the sky Naka so it suits the theme well. Rough fits the theme perfectly too, you've definitely captured the texture.

Thank you.

Good fit for the theme and well photographed but I find it lacks a bit of punch
SIRCH, is it the dullness (lack of colour) that makes it lack punch?

Back