• Peter123 - New Forest

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • ancient-mariner - Lone Tree

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • zx9 - Blythe Hill Fog No 2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • rpn - Lone Pine Tree by A832

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • John_L - I dreamed I saw the silver spaceships flying in the yellow haze of the sun

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • sea odyssey - Campbell Park MK

• mstphoto - Glenshee

• Topsy - Dartmoor

• Donnie - Addison Park, Beds

• Medwaygreen - Canopy of pines with bench

• Gramps - Skye

• woof woof - Kazakhstan

• ajophotog - Tom Doun

Votes: 7 77.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lindsay

Admin
Name
Lindsay
Edit My Images
Yes
Thanks to @rpn choosing to let me decide on the new theme, and the helpful suggestion referring to the late Sycamore Gap tree which prompted a recollection of a Laurel & Hardy song, we have a new theme that should be possible for many: "On the Trail of the Lonesome Pine" which offers various interpretations when folk are trawling through their archives.
Rules are, as before, almost the same as for the film version but slightly tweaked:

- Entries must be taken by you
- Must be taken on a digital camera of some sort (not a digital scan of a film neg)
- Must have been taken and post-processed prior to the start date of the monthly challenge ie in this case before 8th October 2023
- Please include details of the camera, lens, and anything else of relevance if you can possibly remember that far back, and if linking to Flickr etc please leave exif available to view
- One Entry per person
- Discussion in the discussion thread rather than the Entries thread, please.
- Shoehorning and even Crowbars are positively encouraged!

Entries will close two weeks after the challenge starts, at 08:00 on 22nd October, and voting will be open for 5 days after that. The winner gets to set the next challenge.

Entries only in this thread please

2nd Feb 2014
Sony A58 - exif data says kit lens (18-55) but I'd though this was with an old Sigma 28-200 (exif isn't always right). Conversion in On1 'Perfect Effects' when it was a standalone app.
We'd been for a walk and had nearly got back to the car IIRC. It's one tree, two trunks - probably how the gap sycamore will appear in 30 years time.

Lone tree by Anton Ertl, on Flickr

Last edited:
Blue bell hill May 2011 Nikon D200, Lens unknown.

Canopy of trees with a Pine bench.

Last edited:
Back