Nifty Fifty Week Challenge Discussion Thread.

Thanks to everyone who took part , images taken last week can still be posted, I have a few film shots to add.
Thank you. (y)

Shame: I never got around to taking more pics.

I didn’t do anywhere close to as much as I wanted to for this challenge. I did take a couple last night that I will post later though, and really enjoyed looking at other people shots. Thanks for organising.

I hoped to do more but was scuppered by the weather then testing positive for you-know-what. The first 'challenge' I've ever done so I'm keen now to give another one a go. It did make me think outside my usual box.

No shots from today then? :(
Did we start sat or sun probably best we play safe and include today, my memory not what it was!

Did we start sat or sun probably best we play safe and include today, my memory not what it was!
I think we probably started on Saturday but it is nearly Christmas and I did get some shots today ...

(y)

A big thank you to Roger @Baloo for organising this. :clap: I very much enjoyed the challenge. I like the way I just carry my camera with a small lens and, a couple of times, a small travel tripod too. Hope this can be repeated again next year.
Thank you Stan good to hear you enjoyed it. :)

Reactions: rpn
Agree @Baloo Fab idea.

Now we just need one for week 28 & 35, I guess 90 is out of the question...

Agree @Baloo Fab idea.

Now we just need one for week 28 & 35, I guess 90 is out of the question...

I was thinking about that but then again don't have a 28mm or 35mm.

I did say to @sirch that if the fifty was a success we could do a "trendy Twenty Eight week" but thinking on it now, how about a "wide week" in the middle of the year somewhere between week 24-35?

I am happy to organise it.

Is there a yearly challenge also, say take a picture every week? Perhaps a theme for each month of the year or something along those lines?

I'd be up for it, it's all practice for me at the end of the day. I don't have the greatest variety of lenses, but could participate in most.

Perhaps someone skilled in a particular form of photography sets a theme for the month with some general pointers we could follow? Might get some noobs (like me) involved if there were some "instructions" so to speak on how to go about it?

Just an idea.

Last edited:
Is there a yearly challenge also, say take a picture every week? Perhaps a theme for each month of the year or something along those lines?

I'd be up for it, it's all practice for me at the end of the day. I don't have the greatest variety of lenses, but could participate in most.

Perhaps someone skilled in a particular form of photography sets a theme for the month with some general pointers we could follow? Might get some noobs (like me) involved if there were some "instructions" so to speak on how to go about it?

Just an idea.
There is the 52: https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/sign-up-thread-2022.731697/#post-9048058

Just an idea.
I think you would enjoy the 52, a good bunch of people well worth doing if you have the time and commitment. :)

Just an idea.

@Adamcski What Lindsay said. I've been doing the 52 for a number of years now and still enjoying it.

Adam, many sign up, most start, many fall by the wayside when life gets in the way, but most do try to keep going I think. It's about having a go and challenging yourself, the beauty of it being that every week you get a topic on which to focus your efforts. We have a number of other challenges lined up for 2022, not all will start but most will. We are trying to encourage more people to just have a go and do more photography, the last couple of years have made it quite difficult to do that.

This was shot in the fog yesterday on Ilford FP4+
There really is a "film look" isn't there, got six shots left on my first roll of film for a good ten years, been waiting for it to rain, sunshine and showers would be perfect, because some bug%%r set rain as the subject for another competition on here. ;):p

There really is a "film look" isn't there, got six shots left on my first roll of film for a good ten years, been waiting for it to rain, sunshine and showers would be perfect, because some bug%%r set rain as the subject for another competition on here. ;):p
The themes for the other comp were suggested by members and chosen by public vote :whistle:

:)

Back